SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2012, 06:19 AM
United States, PA, Carbondale
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
Discussion
asp .25 nitro engine

i'm thinking about buying an asp .25 nitro,but i don't know anything about them..are they very reliable.
cperri is offline Find More Posts by cperri
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:57 AM
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
Joined Feb 2006
261 Posts
The ASP is essentially IDENTICAL with the Magnum 25 XLS. It is made in the same factory by the same people using the same tooling. The only difference is the brand name on the case. There seems to be a large variation in performance from the Magnums. Some are incredible and will outrun an OS 25 FX and some of them are dogs. There doesn't seem to be any particular obvious reason. There are a couple of different versions of the ASP. I think that the A2 is the one that is like the Magnum 25 XLS. The Magnum XL wasn't a particularly good engine and there is an ASP version of that one too, I think.

It's a good value for the money, but it depends on what you are going to use it for. Q-25 racing rules vary around the country, so it may not be legal where you are, but if you are using it for Open B Combat or just for fun, you should be just fine.
gsjames is offline Find More Posts by gsjames