HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
Flying an RC plane with TWO fpv cameras running at the same time

Hello, I am new to fpv systems and I was wondering if it was possible to hook up two fpv cameras and run them at the same time. My plan is to run both and record the video playback in 3d to view. I was also wondering if it was possible to run both cameras in one fpv goggle set; for example, hook up the left camera playback in the left goggle eye and hook up the right camera playback to the right goggle eye. Would I need to worry about getting two different types of frequencies for each fpv camera set, or would it even be possible to use two fpv cameras linked to one transmitter and receiver?
New_Flyer95 is offline Find More Posts by New_Flyer95
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Flyer95 View Post
Hello, I am new to fpv systems
Lemme stop you right there. If you're new you should just try regular FPV
before even considering doing something like you go on to talk about.

To answer your question, yes, its possible. Unfortunately it's worthless since 3D
becomes negligible at long distances. So if you're cruising around at 400 feet
looking at the ground the difference between 3D and regular will be negligible.
It could be useful in a multicopter but 99% fly them just fine without it.

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy