HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsonman View Post
I've actually been in touch with the little museum Mr. Bagley runs. Being a Mormon myself, I was interested in getting pictures of the "Mormon Mustang." Super nice folks.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, MO, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
[QUOTE= ... P.S. Our house is four miles away from the end on the runway (when the prevailing breeeze is from the South his roll-outs are over our house). I am and have been a war bird fan for years (one of the reasons to follow this thread is for the somewhat unusual aircraft being modeled). The irony is that my daughter, who is eleven years old now, can tell just from the sound that Bagley has one of his aircraft in the air just by the sound of the Allison, or Merlin, or one of the big radials on the Skyraiders, and she has since she was about 5![/QUOTE]

wow...thats an amazing kiddo you got there...prolly takes after her dad with the love of aircraft. any interest in getting her in the airforce when she's of age??
RDIII is offline Find More Posts by RDIII
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,449 Posts
First have to get child to take enough interest to pass grade school (something else she takes after her father in)! Where she is only 11 right now the future consists mostly of starting to torture her overprotective father about boys! I find her stuff amusing but where she was raised with a few warbirds right around here I think it was kind of inevitable. I said that I had worked construction and built a hangar in Bozeman, MT. it had slipped my mind that we had also done concrete work for about 10 hangars in Driggs, ID (kind of a quiet spot for warbirds). There are about half a dozen more there including; a Mig-15, FJ-1 Fury (naval version of the F-86 Sabre), another Mustang (that hasn't flown in years, no engine), and about four or five jet trainer aircraft. The local airport restaurant is known as the warbird cafe (a link with some pics from google https://www.google.com/search?q=warb...w=1280&bih=905), which gives the owner an excuse to have his aircraft on display. Food isn't bad, though pretty spendy. The reason for the attraction to Driggs is that Jackson, WY (just over Teton Pass, about 36 miles) is that Jackson has noise restrictions, charges exorbitant landing fees and NO hangars available Driggs is small town, cheap fees, hangarage available and you can be inconspicuous if you want to. Bruce Willis, Shwarzenegger, has houses in the area. Harrison Ford has a house outside of Jackson (Kelly, WY) and his primary mode of transportation out of the area is to fly (he has his ticket in) his personal Jet Ranger over, park it in his hangar (which we poured the floor for) and get out one of his aircraft to go somewhere. If you like to watch some really expensive aircraft (or own one and would like to be seen) then Fridays in Driggs will find about a dozen (including billionaire JJ Huntsman's Gulfstream) parked wingtip to wingtip with an occasional warbird there too.
Foo
P.S. When the boss said that Ford had a hangar there and the company (before I started working for them) had done the concrete work for them I thought he was full of..... Ford, (who is one of the world's nice guys, and had just gotten his second back country search & rescue with his ranger) decided to give some of the local kids rides around the Driggs area. We were working on another hanger (1.4 million dollars worth of airplane garage), and after Ford had worked his way though the line of kids, he got a cup of coffee and strolled over to see what we were doing. He stood for a minute (looked kind of 'local (little scruffy, unshaven flight suit)' so none of us recognized him. The first words he spoke we all recognized him and he walked over and shook Eric's hand and complimented him on how the hangar was working for him and his collection of aircraft (and a few classic cars). Then offered Eric a ride and they left together!
P.S.S. I will now quit pulling this thread off topic I apologize.
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:42 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,648 Posts
I think HK "noticed" Johns amazing work as displayed at SEFF?

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 05:51 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,319 Posts
Hey Jon!
Yep, she is getting a lot of "views" at SEFF. We got here Saturday and I had planned on building an electric conversion P-40 from an old Gus Morfis sloper plan. Got along pretty well with the airframe buildup until Wednesday when I finally got the AC-119K, F-16, and A-1H out and setup. Since then there is no building time. But that's fine, enjoying meeting all the people and talking with them. Lucky this year, the pine pollen is mostly gone so I've kept my voice and can actually communicate.
It's been pretty windy, gusty and changing directions but we have made the most of it. Finally getting some flying in. SEFF is great as always.
Toby Osmond, VP of Sales & Marketing, came by and took a bunch of pics. He seemed pretty happy that it was Turnigy powered. I told him that my next build, 83" F7F Tigercat was getting the same power system and that put a smile on his face too.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:45 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,648 Posts
Toby and gang ought to comp you the power system for your next project(s) IMO.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:20 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Toby and gang ought to comp you the power system for your next project(s) IMO.
Funny you should say that, he offered to and I told him I already had what I needed for the big Tigercat(from Hobby King!). So he said they would do the one after that. Guess I need to decide what is after the Cat.
HK did a short video of the Stinger today and gave me a $50 gift certificate. I thought that was really nice, I sure didn't expect it.
He also told me that the picture got a lot of activity on Facebook but I don't do Facebook so couldn't look at it.
I've had a lot of people stop and ask questions and several who worked or flew in them and listening to their stories is really what I enjoy.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:14 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Funny you should say that, he offered to and I told him I already had what I needed for the big Tigercat(from Hobby King!). So he said they would do the one after that. Guess I need to decide what is after the Cat.
HK did a short video of the Stinger today and gave me a $50 gift certificate. I thought that was really nice, I sure didn't expect it.
He also told me that the picture got a lot of activity on Facebook but I don't do Facebook so couldn't look at it.
I've had a lot of people stop and ask questions and several who worked or flew in them and listening to their stories is really what I enjoy.

J
How about a Douglas A-26 Counter-Invader in SE Asia markings....still another a/c from the SOS that would fit nicely with the Stinger and the Spad. The paint scheme is right up your alley !

Unless of course you've already got one...
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:16 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,648 Posts
Quote:
That's cool, that they showed you a little love like that. Glad I posted the photo so that you do not have to bother with FB. I resisted for a long time. I gave in to see if I could use it to help drive traffic to HDF. I think I would have to say FAIL! I don't much like FB. Don't waste your time over there John.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:32 PM
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
How about a Douglas A-26 Counter-Invader in SE Asia markings....still another a/c from the SOS that would fit nicely with the Stinger and the Spad. The paint scheme is right up your alley !

Unless of course you've already got one...
You mean like this one he already did? 😃
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,631 Posts
That's why I said "unless of course you've already got one" .....but then, everything old is new again, and maybe a newer version might be in the cards...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:00 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,588 Posts
Congratulations to John! Best in show - sport flyer - at SEFF 2013 with the AC-119
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Guess I need to decide what is after the Cat.

J

EDF EDF EDF EDF

Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Congratulations to John! Best in show - sport flyer - at SEFF 2013 with the AC-119
SERIOUSLY ?!?!

AWESOME!!!!

Wonder why it won in "Sport Flyer" category...don't get me wrong; I'm not surprised it won...just wondering why that category instead of warbirds or something...

BUT BRAVO TO MR. MORGAN !

Now, if only he'd do another A-26....
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:50 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,170 Posts
Just check and your photo on the HK face book page has 1362 like and 162 comments . not to shabby
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor