HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Looks like HK has figured a better way to ship batts other than through Denmark or Sweden.
Just tracked my batts and they went through Anchorage to Nashville and are scheduled for delivery Monday. They shipped on Xmas Eve so that's a hell of a lot better than my last order that took three weeks through Sweden.
Plan is to check the four bladed prop on 5s-5000s. I can do this with my A-1 Skyraider, same batt, same prop, same motor.

J
Hey, as a (half) Swede I resemble that comment. You actually mean Switzerland and I hate it with a passion when my packages go Swiss post, it seems to add a two week transit time over the regular Hongkong post. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to control (or any rhyme or reason as to) which is selected so we just go on suffering to get the cheaper prices (and oft times cheaper products). Man it would be nice to have extra money...

Anyway, the best for the new year to you J and to everyone on this thread.

Regards,

- Birger
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
Hey, as a (half) Swede I resemble that comment. You actually mean Switzerland and I hate it with a passion when my packages go Swiss post, it seems to add a two week transit time over the regular Hongkong post. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to control (or any rhyme or reason as to) which is selected so we just go on suffering to get the cheaper prices (and oft times cheaper products). Man it would be nice to have extra money...

Regards,

- Birger
yeah, I was just shooting from the hip on the Sweden thing, couldn't remember exactly where it shipped through. Hey! They both start with a capital S!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:43 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,128 Posts
Ha! I can top that! I ordered a 40 foot telescopic aluminium mast from a German company, and despite very clear shipping labels, it got sent to... AUSTRIA! Now you would think they would know the difference, as Austria is a neighboring country, but no. So they sent it again, and it went to Austria AGAIN!

By this stage the supplier was getting really p*ssed off, so he didn't wait for the first one to get back to him, and shipped another one, which mercifully arrived very quickly in Oz.
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:48 PM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post

Regards,

- Birger
The reason it goes whit Swiss Air is due to the fact that they are the ONLY official airline the will transport Lipos by air!!
You may get the occasional one through a normal airline but more often you won't. I think the policy is changing in the new year.
You are actually allowed to travel with Lipos in your hand luggage but not in your normal luggage that goes in the hold of the plane!! Go figure!!

LURCH
taz101 is offline Find More Posts by taz101
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101 View Post
The reason it goes whit Swiss Air is due to the fact that they are the ONLY official airline the will transport Lipos by air!!
You may get the occasional one through a normal airline but more often you won't. I think the policy is changing in the new year.
You are actually allowed to travel with Lipos in your hand luggage but not in your normal luggage that goes in the hold of the plane!! Go figure!!

LURCH
That makes some sense now that you mention it but they still don't have their act together. I have a couple of orders with non lithium batteries that still went through Swiss post so it seems that they just do all batteries that way. Except for the orders with batteries I have had go via Singapore Post that is...

Anyway, now I (we?) know and sorry for the derail.
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,370 Posts
And...what is funny, is that I can ship Lipos via USPS Priority mail in the conus (and have done it), I can not ship them via air mail out of the conus!!

As to items going where they are not supposed to go....There used to be a comic strip calle Motley's Crew....the main character was Mike Motley.

So...Mike goes up to the ticket window at an airline with three articles of baggage...He tells the ticket agent... I want this bag to go to Istanbul, this bag to go to Paris, and this one to Moscow...The ticket agent says..."We can't do that sir!!"... Mike says " Why not, you did it the last time I flew on this airline!!"

Also sorry for the derail..

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:22 AM
Living a Dream
Winsen (Aller) Germany
Joined Oct 2003
4,085 Posts
Happy 2013 To Everyone

All The Best To You!

PS: I've got an older, but professional like canon eos camera and hope to be able to make the cross country tour to Vegas with John, Woody and Craig again.

HJ
Hans-Joachim is offline Find More Posts by Hans-Joachim
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:30 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,550 Posts
It would be great to see you again H-J!

Gutes Neues Jahr to you and yours!

J, aren't you building him a new flugzeug to fly around next year

A very happy and prosperous (and healthy) New Year to all !
John
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Dec 31, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,161 Posts
Yeah, I'm starting a fleugzeug ( or whatever that is???). I like to call it a HUGE F-16 pusher.
May start a thread today on it.
Happy New Year to all!

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:14 AM
Pompano Hill Flyer
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Apr 2003
411 Posts
Happy New Year to all of you.
Be smart and be safe.
Amos
egras14 is offline Find More Posts by egras14
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, IN, Granger
Joined Jan 2003
3,101 Posts
J ,,, sounds like some kind of cold / flu deal \

Happy New Year to all ...
I turn another yr older on the first ,,, use to like that ,,but not much anymore
v22chap is offline Find More Posts by v22chap
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,161 Posts
Batts came in today! 5s-5000 45c( heaviest 5000s they had). They weigh a full 5 oz each less than the 6s-5000s so I will need an add'l 10 oz or so up front. I'l hoping the heavier props help out some too. I'll need to move the rec and light battery up to the very front and maybe still add weight to balance. I plan on testing the A-1 to see what the big 4 blade props does on 5 cells.
Meanwhile, I've started Hans' big F-16 in the pusher forum. Link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23671354

J
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:25 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,488 Posts
Love birthdays. Much prefer having them to 'not having' them.

Tony
tpfing is online now Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, MO, Washington
Joined Oct 2012
78 Posts
2nd tpfing above
i'll take all the b-days i can get...
RDIII is offline Find More Posts by RDIII
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, OH, Reynoldsburg