SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millera1 View Post
Any videos yet this thing looks good almost like a park master will have to keep a eye on this one
Hopefully this weekend.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:49 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Here's a pretty nice vid:

RTested TechOne Hobby Katana (1 min 47 sec)
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:31 AM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,138 Posts
If the guy flying in that video could only make that plane fly in a straight line for just a second. Looks like he really needs some practice! LOL
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:58 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was doing some nice 3d flying in a parking lot some months back when a kid on a bike rode up and said, "hey mister, what's wrong, can't you control your plane." I told him (on a dead calm day) that the wind up there was making it really hard to fly the plane.

Anyhow, the vid looks great. A friend bought one of these and should have it in a couple days. I already have a Parkmaster but may get one of these Katana's later.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:08 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
666 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343174755.002854.jpg
Views: 142
Size: 141.3 KB
Description:

I love working from home and getting deliveries!
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:07 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,748 Posts
OK I am in..... next pay period....ordering....
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,748 Posts
stretch1100..... nice line up. Nice when the UPS guy hooks you up with some nice birds. The Tech One team is really offering some nice birds. I am a huge fan... the value for the dollar is hard to beat.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:51 AM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Dec 2008
49 Posts
I've got one coming!
viper7 is offline Find More Posts by viper7
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:18 PM
Grenoble, France
Joined Jan 2010
44 Posts
subscribed
Newbheli is offline Find More Posts by Newbheli
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:25 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
The screw holding the motor mount to the top CF tube backbone isn't biting into much. Ideally, the motor mount would have a cylinder around the tube so there are ample glue surface.

For now, putting a washer slightly larger than the cf tube with a screw from the front (long enough to bond to the cf tube inner wall will prevent below from happending.

Bottom part of the mount isn't secured to the solid chunk of foam. It is hollow and has balancing slug inside.

This happened around 5th flight.

I heard some buzzing sound from the motor. So, I brought it down to inspect. Upon throttling up, the whole motor mount just shook lose and ejected.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Aug 03, 2012, 02:47 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
The screw holding the motor mount to the top CF tube backbone isn't biting into much. Ideally, the motor mount would have a cylinder around the tube so there are ample glue surface.

For now, putting a washer slightly larger than the cf tube with a screw from the front (long enough to bond to the cf tube inner wall will prevent below from happending.

Bottom part of the mount isn't secured to the solid chunk of foam. It is hollow and has balancing slug inside.

This happened around 5th flight.

I heard some buzzing sound from the motor. So, I brought it down to inspect. Upon throttling up, the whole motor mount just shook lose and ejected.
I haven't flown mine yet but I did notice how flimsy the motor mount was so I put some hot glue all the way around it where it meets with the foam.
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:07 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
Crazy how things always work out. Just traded my beloved Venus yesterday to a buddy who fell in love with it instantly when I let him fly it. I didn't want to part with it, but his offer for a $170 plane straight across I just couldn't pass up. Plus I've always wanted the red venus which was out of stock when I ordered it months ago.

Long story short, I log into Nitroplanes to buy a red venus and POW this Katana was just screaming my name. Hopefully it will be just as good as his lil cousin.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:40 AM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
Maidened my Katana today, wow she flies great. Needs a larger field than the old venus, might need to practice a lot to make this a backyard flyer
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
Soaring Fanatic!
Joined Dec 2008
797 Posts
Great Thread so far
Besides needing a bigger field, are there any other major differences to to Venus 3D?
I've been seriously considering this ship since one of my LHS has them in stock.

-8th
8thelephant is offline Find More Posts by 8thelephant
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thelephant View Post
Great Thread so far
Besides needing a bigger field, are there any other major differences to to Venus 3D?
-8th
Differences;
I'm scared to catch the katana, might get cut, pun intended.
The katana handles much more wind. Really surprised on how much wind this thing cuts thru.
The katana feels less floaty
Battery hatch stays on in a rough landing! (Its designed on the side, pretty cool)
So far I can't parachute land the Katana like I can the venus, prolly just my skill.
It looks more like a plane thsn the venus. (My buddies called the venus the ugly plane)

All in all I really like the Katana more than I did the venus, but will probably get another venus. Something about flying in my backyard and being able land that olane into my hands that I know I will miss.