SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
Just don't change the random ID and then press Run or Setup.
vlad_vy is offline Find More Posts by vlad_vy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy View Post
Just don't change the random ID and then press Run or Setup.
+1

Always had problems if I set the id. I just use the random one it provides and never had a problem. I have bound GCP, V120 & LadyBird all w/out issues.
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:26 PM
AKA Shane
Utica, MI
Joined Sep 2009
296 Posts
I just put a new RX2636H-D receiver in my old V120D02s that I use with a Devo 10. I've also updated the firmware to the latest from the Walkera website for both the tx and rx. I like the new receiver much better than the old. Piros are much cleaner; the heli doesn't tilt to the side. I can now do funnels with no problem, they made the old rx go nuts and the heli would crash. FFF isn't as smooth, but I haven't adjusted the ail/elv gain yet. In FFF there is some porpoising. One problem I did find... when I bind with a fixed ID it works in the beginning, but randomly loses the bind and won't rebind unless I reprogram the receiver. Random binding doesn't appear to be a problem and I've had several trouble free flights.

I really like using telemetry. I'll set the voltage alarm and fly until the transmitter buzzes. I never have to worry about crashing because I forgot to turn the timer on and ran the battery too low.
hz6b9k is offline Find More Posts by hz6b9k
Old Aug 19, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
hz6b9k

I recently put the RX2636H-D in my V120D02s and I've experianced the same thing as you. In certain cases the heli is much more stable and level but it has a hard time with fast forward flight. You are right, I get the porpoising and pitch up issues that you and others have had. I'm still playing around with the pot settings but so far no luck smoothing out forward flight. Even with the gyro pot turned nearly all the way down this RX is still too controlling for fast sport flight. I think for doing tricks in place this RX should be pretty good. Right now I favor the stock RX2622-D
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:14 AM
Heli Nation
United States, PA, York
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
I just got the New v120 and I did the update on my rx and my devo 10 tx, but the telemetry feature does not seem to work properly. When I active the voltage telemetry feature, the alarm start buzzing immediately. Even if I put in a fresh battery, the voltage alarm will continuously goes off. Has anyone else experienced this?
bato757 is offline Find More Posts by bato757
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bato757 View Post
I just got the New v120 and I did the update on my rx and my devo 10 tx, but the telemetry feature does not seem to work properly. When I active the voltage telemetry feature, the alarm start buzzing immediately. Even if I put in a fresh battery, the voltage alarm will continuously goes off. Has anyone else experienced this?
Try the other voltage inputs in the TX, make sure the alarm is actually looking at the correct sensor. I'm not by my TX at the moment, but try turning the alarm off for whatever voltage sensor you've got it on now, an try activating the alarm for another channel. What voltage do you have the alarm set for?

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
On my Devo 10, I have:

Sensor Setting
Sensor Status : Active
No Signal Warning : Inhibit
Voltage
Internal: 5V : Inhibit
External: V1 : Active
Alarm Voltage : 3.4 V
External: V2 : Inhibit

Works well for me. Just enough time to get back over concrete, so I don't land in grass.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:02 AM
Heli Nation
United States, PA, York
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Try the other voltage inputs in the TX, make sure the alarm is actually looking at the correct sensor. I'm not by my TX at the moment, but try turning the alarm off for whatever voltage sensor you've got it on now, an try activating the alarm for another channel. What voltage do you have the alarm set for?

Rafa
I had the first sensor on (internal) and it was set for 3.6 and can't be set lower.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Heli Nation
United States, PA, York
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
On my Devo 10, I have:

Sensor Setting
Sensor Status : Active
No Signal Warning : Inhibit
Voltage
Internal: 5V : Inhibit
External: V1 : Active
Alarm Voltage : 3.4 V
External: V2 : Inhibit

Works well for me. Just enough time to get back over concrete, so I don't land in grass.
I will try to set mine up the same way. Is there a to have the voltage displayed on your screen?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
I had the first sensor on (internal) and it was set for 3.6 and can't be set lower.
Have you tried turning off the alarm for external 1 and trying external 2? I think the voltage sensor might be on external 2 for whatever reason. Easy test.

Rafa
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:09 AM
Heli Nation
United States, PA, York
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Have you tried turning off the alarm for external 1 and trying external 2? I think the voltage sensor might be on external 2 for whatever reason. Easy test.

Rafa
I will try that. I just couldn't find much info on it. Is there a way to have the voltage displayed on the screen while flying?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
I will try that. I just couldn't find much info on it. Is there a way to have the voltage displayed on the screen while flying?
I haven't found a way to do that.

I have the time displayed on mine that starts the moment the throttle stick is moved.

I use it to track flight time/battery life.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:55 AM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
+1

Always had problems if I set the id. I just use the random one it provides and never had a problem. I have bound GCP, V120 & LadyBird all w/out issues.

It is not whether it binds successfully automatically or not that I worry about. I just want to have a lesser chance that someone else transmitter that binds with my heli. Last week, I did connect the heli battery before turning on my transmitter first, my bad, and someone else, 30 feet away, turned on his before I turned on mine and bind with mine. His heli took off and mine took off too without me controlling it

Not sure my transmitter and receiver firmware are up to date, may be that is the next thing I should try.
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoElectric View Post
It is not whether it binds successfully automatically or not that I worry about. I just want to have a lesser chance that someone else transmitter that binds with my heli. Last week, I did connect the heli battery before turning on my transmitter first, my bad, and someone else, 30 feet away, turned on his before I turned on mine and bind with mine. His heli took off and mine took off too without me controlling it

Not sure my transmitter and receiver firmware are up to date, may be that is the next thing I should try.
There's the best reason to always turn your transmitter on first, then connect battery to heli... Imagine if you'd have had your fingers near the blades or worse!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I just noticed that there is a f/w update available on Walkera's site, V1.1. The notes say, "The program provides improved throttle lock set a negative value appears related death, throttle BUG."

Back when I was writing the review, I noticed that, since it's on Fixed ID, if I bound the model with throttle hold on (which was set to -5), then turned throttle hold off, the motor would start to turn slowly. Apparently, the rx takes the -5 that the tx is putting out and assumes it to be zero, so that when you take it off throttle hold, the rx is actually thinking 5% or something like that. I took care of this by setting my throttle hold value to zero instead of a negative number. I'm guessing that this f/w update addresses this concern.

Rafa