SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
I have the v120d02s v2 and the 130x. The 130x does fly better, but my tail had a weird vibration during flips sometimes. The 130x has never been crashed and landings were really soft. I replaced the flanged tail bearings it helped with the tail vibrations, but still hasn't completely fixed it.

The 130x problems is why I got the walkera new v120d02s v2. Walkera has so much experience with the 120 size helis now. The v2 looks really durable, I couldn't believe how think the carbon fine is on that thing. It probably will never break.

Also, what I did was put the 130x canopy on the v120d02s, it's a perfect fit, I had to CA #1 70 orings onto the 130x grommets. The visibility is perfect now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dna001 View Post
Hi
My M8 has also got 2 130x`s and just by looking at how they fly an idiot could tell the 130x flys better :-).
It is also running 2cell and an in-runner burshless motor the size of a broom handle, but then it is a bigger heli and also looks like it was thrown together in a hurry :-)
Has anyone got any thoughts on the Turbo Ace 215-15C Brushless Motor
Or the Spin Brushless Out-Run 15500kv
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Thanks martin. I guess for good 3D, I have to hope walkera will offer another firmware. I'll probably try just negative expo on the cyclic. I had a lot of problems doing tic tocs on the v120d02s v2. I have no problem doing them on the mcp x, 130x, 450. My sloppy piro flips wasn't that bad on the v120d02s v2.

It would be awesome if walkera actually gives out their code, so people can modify it. If they gave out their devo 8s source, I'd modify it so it would start the timer on throttle out. Also, would be good to be able to control the volume of the alarm when it goes off. I couldn't find a mod to put a bigger/louder speaker in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
That depend what you want and your flying skill, but it will never completely behave like a normal CP.

My setting are:
EXT pot (both) all the way to the max, no expo/ATV 110% for cyclic.
Gyro pot at 2 o'clock, lower than that and it rediculously pitch up in FFF, fly like crap.
-65/+65 all pitch curve.
throttle 100% flat, except for normal mode.

That's the best compromise I find for setting, and not very good for 3D.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Hey Guys,

So listen to this. I made some changes on my V120D02s.

Today I got a new Rx2636H-D in the mail for the "new"D02s that matches what Rafa's got in his green machine. I also got the new green canopy because I think it looks cool and is different from the black and red color schemes I already have.

So after a quick change over I took it up for a spin. I set the pots to match exactly what I had on my Rx2622:
Elevator/Aile G at about 10:00
Elevator/Aile Extent at 12:00
Rudder extent at 3:00

On my Rx2622 I set the gyro no higher than 10:00 or I get shakes. This is the max position with this RX to get the most stable platform for hovering.

With the pots matched up I took it outside to test the difference. Lift off and hover were dead stable, almost so easy a cave man could do it. The weird thing is I got this backwards and to the right drift that I never had before. I'm thinking Rafa had the exact same drift with his "new"V120D02s. I had to use the trim tab settings just like the old days with the CB100. I gave it some left trim and quite a bit of forward trim and then it began to hover nicely in one spot.

Moving the sticks around I could tell that even with the elevator/aileron extent turned up, the gyro would not let me pitch up or down very much. The gyro does a fantastic job keeping her level making aggressive moves hard to do. I played around with the gyro pot and turned it down to just under 9:00. This setting made her feel much more nimble and much more like she used to fly with the Rx2622. I finally found a happy medium for me at just over 9:00 that was just enough stability but not too much. I can see that in the future as I get better and fly with more aggressive moves I could dial back the gyro more and get her to really loosen up.

Take offs and landings are much more graceful and easy to pull off. I can pretty much do a scale take off and landing with this new Rx and I couldn't really do that with the old one.

I got out too late so the sun was down. I did my flying on the driveway with the outside garage lights on. My garage is detached from the house so there's a wind tunnel between. The wind shot through and blew sideways at the D02s and the new gyro compensated perfectly to keep her straight and level. Not so much as a slight wiggle so I'm very impressed with this new Rx.

Since this one is fully capable of being updated, it should be the last one I ever need to buy for this heli.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Oh, and Rafa, I don't have the 215T in this heli, she's still has the stock motor. I think the increased punch out and power comes from the foam rotors. I've got the 215-T on both my D05's for extra head speed. The speed is needed to compensate for the bad gear ratio on the tail and also more power for a bit heavier heli.

See ya

Travis
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
Thanks martin. I guess for good 3D, I have to hope walkera will offer another firmware. I'll probably try just negative expo on the cyclic. I had a lot of problems doing tic tocs on the v120d02s v2. I have no problem doing them on the mcp x, 130x, 450. My sloppy piro flips wasn't that bad on the v120d02s v2.

It would be awesome if walkera actually gives out their code, so people can modify it. If they gave out their devo 8s source, I'd modify it so it would start the timer on throttle out. Also, would be good to be able to control the volume of the alarm when it goes off. I couldn't find a mod to put a bigger/louder speaker in there.
Yes, tic toc are hard to do, it tried in moving/banging the stick as fast as I can but I can still see there is too much delay to reaction and all become completely screwed, it can however made very nice short rainbow.

A louder buzzer should be easy to do in WK TX, I did it on my Futaba.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:46 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Hey Guys,

So listen to this. I made some changes on my V120D02s.

Today I got a new Rx2636H-D in the mail for the "new"D02s that matches what Rafa's got in his green machine. I also got the new green canopy because I think it looks cool and is different from the black and red color schemes I already have.

So after a quick change over I took it up for a spin. I set the pots to match exactly what I had on my Rx2622:
Elevator/Aile G at about 10:00
Elevator/Aile Extent at 12:00
Rudder extent at 3:00

On my Rx2622 I set the gyro no higher than 10:00 or I get shakes. This is the max position with this RX to get the most stable platform for hovering.

With the pots matched up I took it outside to test the difference. Lift off and hover were dead stable, almost so easy a cave man could do it. The weird thing is I got this backwards and to the right drift that I never had before. I'm thinking Rafa had the exact same drift with his "new"V120D02s. I had to use the trim tab settings just like the old days with the CB100. I gave it some left trim and quite a bit of forward trim and then it began to hover nicely in one spot.

Moving the sticks around I could tell that even with the elevator/aileron extent turned up, the gyro would not let me pitch up or down very much. The gyro does a fantastic job keeping her level making aggressive moves hard to do. I played around with the gyro pot and turned it down to just under 9:00. This setting made her feel much more nimble and much more like she used to fly with the Rx2622. I finally found a happy medium for me at just over 9:00 that was just enough stability but not too much. I can see that in the future as I get better and fly with more aggressive moves I could dial back the gyro more and get her to really loosen up.

Take offs and landings are much more graceful and easy to pull off. I can pretty much do a scale take off and landing with this new Rx and I couldn't really do that with the old one.

I got out too late so the sun was down. I did my flying on the driveway with the outside garage lights on. My garage is detached from the house so there's a wind tunnel between. The wind shot through and blew sideways at the D02s and the new gyro compensated perfectly to keep her straight and level. Not so much as a slight wiggle so I'm very impressed with this new Rx.

Since this one is fully capable of being updated, it should be the last one I ever need to buy for this heli.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Oh, and Rafa, I don't have the 215T in this heli, she's still has the stock motor. I think the increased punch out and power comes from the foam rotors. I've got the 215-T on both my D05's for extra head speed. The speed is needed to compensate for the bad gear ratio on the tail and also more power for a bit heavier heli.

See ya

Travis
The only problem I find with the gyro sens that low is it does not track anymore in FFF, the heli pitch-up as if he struck a brick wall..... turn EXT pot all the way to the max instead.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Sandown
Joined Mar 2007
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
The only problem I find with the gyro sens that low is it does not track anymore in FFF, the heli pitch-up as if he struck a brick wall..... turn EXT pot all the way to the max instead.
I found this to if gain to low, it will pitch up badly in FF, And down in inverted, not nice at all when you are not expecting it.

My setting are
Elevator/Aile G at about 1:00
Elevator/Aile Extent at MAX
Rudder extent at MAX
no EXP
no D/R will try upping d/r when the weather clears up.
I have found the the Elevator/Aile Extent and rudder Extents dont work past about 3:00
Still trying to find out how the get max travel on the rudder with out using a longer servo arm.

Still good fun though :-)
dna001 is online now Find More Posts by dna001
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Sandown
Joined Mar 2007
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Hey Guys,

The weird thing is I got this backwards and to the right drift that I never had before.

Travis
Try rebinding with the heli level, that's how i fixed my backward drift. I think it says to bind with heli level in the manual.
dna001 is online now Find More Posts by dna001
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
It would be awesome if walkera actually gives out their code, so people can modify it. If they gave out their devo 8s source, I'd modify it so it would start the timer on throttle out. Also, would be good to be able to control the volume of the alarm when it goes off. I couldn't find a mod to put a bigger/louder speaker in there.
The timer can be mapped to throttle; there are various posts here on how to do it.

You should follow this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471

The Devo 8 is well on the way to becoming a universal transmitter, with the ability to bind to Spektrum, Nine Eagles, 2801/ 2601/2401 without any hardware modification.

1st binding of Deviation to DSM2 (0 min 26 sec)


1st binding of Deviation to Nine-Eagles SP100 (0 min 17 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
does anyone have the settings for v120d02s devo 7 transmitter. I did have a few flips and turns but all flips are slow. I need more aggressive settings for 3D flying and normal flying.Can anyone help me with settings?
polajnar8 is offline Find More Posts by polajnar8
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The timer can be mapped to throttle; there are various posts here on how to do it.

You should follow this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471

The Devo 8 is well on the way to becoming a universal transmitter, with the ability to bind to Spektrum, Nine Eagles, 2801/ 2601/2401 without any hardware modification.

http://vimeo.com/45047303

http://vimeo.com/45197356
SERIOUSLY?! I don't pay attention to the devo modding and suddenly there's new firmware that's spectrum compatible! Could have saved myself a ton of wiring headaches on my 3GX and just used the satellite units instead of the RX802!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Hi Zadaw,

I think the feature people are wanting now is for the timer to be switched by throttle out, not throttle in. That way you can be in throttle hold with throttle stick up and not be running the timer. Hopefully this feature will be in the next f/w update.

Rafa


Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The timer can be mapped to throttle; there are various posts here on how to do it.

You should follow this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471

The Devo 8 is well on the way to becoming a universal transmitter, with the ability to bind to Spektrum, Nine Eagles, 2801/ 2601/2401 without any hardware modification.

http://vimeo.com/45047303

http://vimeo.com/45197356
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:52 PM
Registered User
Travis MCH's Avatar
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Rafa,

You and I both have our gyro pot set about the same but I've not had any pitch up in forward flight. I didn't notice that when I flew yours either. We both use the Devo8 with about the same pitch curves so maybe that has something to do with it.

I suppose if I do get pitch up I'll turn up the gyro and extent but for now it seems pretty good.
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Has anybody tried using an hp08 2s on the new v120d02s v2 (Will be using an xp 12a esc)? I just want to use a 2s battery so the battery can be shared between the 130x and this heli.

Also, which pinion would you use a 14T or a 16T one?

I was looking at the hacker 6100kv inrunner motor also, I'd probably use a 16T pinion with that. It's like $24.95 (hacker) vs $36 (hp08 2s) or so. The shipping is expensive for the hacker motor though, but will still come out cheaper.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:50 PM
Registered User
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2002
49 Posts
DEVO 7 Fixed ID with new V120D02S bind problem.

I tried to set the fixed id with the devo 7 according to the manual. That is to bind the heli automatically and then set the id with my own and then run. I disconnected the receiver battery and then turned off the transmitter.

However when I turned on the transmitter and receiver, in either order, the heli and the transmitter did not bind. I double checked the fixed id is same as the one I set before.

Is it a known bug ? Does anyone has the same problem ?

Thank you.
GoElectric is offline Find More Posts by GoElectric
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
Live to learn. . .
Rafa's CB100's Avatar
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I have as 8S, not a 7, but I remember having a bit of trouble with this early on. If you set your tx back to Random ID, will it bind? If it does, then something in the procedure is not correct, and the model never made it to Fixed ID.

On the 8S, from memory, you go to the Fixed ID menu after the model is bound, and turn on Fixed ID. Then the keyboard pops up, and it gives you a code, but the step I was missing was a button at the bottom of the keyboard that says, "Setup". Once I pushed that button, the tx asks if I am sure, then yes, then the tx takes 10 seconds or so to setup the fixed ID with the model.

Remember that if you want to start all over, just set the tx back to Random ID, then turn it off. With the tx turned off, plug the bind plug in the Elev port on the rx, then connect a battery to the rx. After a second or so, you'll see a slow flash from the red led on the rx board, like maybe a one second interval. This tells you that Fixed ID has been cleared in the rx. Disconnect the battery, reassemble the model, and you should be ready for Random ID again.

I don't know if this helps at all, or if the process is similar on the 7. Let us know,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoElectric View Post
I tried to set the fixed id with the devo 7 according to the manual. That is to bind the heli automatically and then set the id with my own and then run. I disconnected the receiver battery and then turned off the transmitter.

However when I turned on the transmitter and receiver, in either order, the heli and the transmitter did not bind. I double checked the fixed id is same as the one I set before.

Is it a known bug ? Does anyone has the same problem ?

Thank you.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New "Ultra Durable" 120 CP Heli from Walkera - V120D02S zadaw Micro Helis 14645 Today 04:06 AM
New Product Walkera New V120D02S V2---NEW 6-Axis Gyro and Upgrade online receiver! bigflier Micro Helis 124 Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM
Discussion Walkera V120D02 - Pics & Flight Review **REVISED** dkfuji Micro Helis 3871 Sep 29, 2013 04:08 AM
Sold Like new Walkera V120D02 Daren Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Apr 08, 2012 01:29 AM
Discussion Walkera V120D02 WowHobbies.com review wowhobbies Micro Helis 107 Jan 24, 2011 02:50 PM