Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:13 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiggio View Post
How did you get your battery telemetry working?

I've got a Devo 10 and think I enabled it, but I don't see any data when I go into Sensor View on the radio?

Thanks!
You would have to update the receiver's firmware using the UP02 cable, the UP02 adaptor, and the tools and files that can be downloaded from Walkera's website. It's not that tricky, really, once you've got the necessary hardware. Instructions can be found on the website. I had all the needed stuff because I recently updated the f/w in my Ladybird.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Thanks for the info and settings. I guess I can start to see where the stable hover could develop a bad habit. I wonder if it would be possible to dial it out a bit.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
I agree that for beginner, the V2 is very very very stable and I recommend it, you can let go off the stick outdoor in some wind and it stay level no matter, of course the wind will blow it and it drift, but drift level.

The cons I find of having the self level always active, is it make the center stick some sort of death and the heli feel like a coaxial, I got bad habit of that feeling and when I take my bigger heli(450, 600 & 700) it's alway a relearn.

To make it come to life a little, I put the ''ele/ail ext'' pot all the way to the full position, 110% travel ail/elev, with some 10 to 15% negative expo (expo in the way to make cyclic more reactive center stick). For beginner, no expo and the pot mid way is a very stable set-up, but do not go too low with the pot, because it induce cyclic delay, it's like self level is more active with low setting, if you get in trouble, you cannot recover fast enough.

Rudder 120% travel with 30% negative expo make the tail to come to life also, but beware it's easy to blow out the tail outdoor.

Piro rate are to my liking but cyclic flip/roll rate are a little low, the self level is there against faster roll/flip.

For FFF outdoor I think heavier blade will be requiered, because it constantly pitch-up, so beware.

All in all this is an awesome micro heli, indoor or not too much wind outdoor, very stable and/or fast if you like, once inverted, if you don't panic, it's really easy to hover inverted.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helikido View Post
Doesn't seem much of an upgrade for the v1 lol. I'm glad they just changed the rx. not the heli so that spares can stay around longer lol. anyways, 6 axis is not good for beginners. The next thing you know is that they think they know how to fly a cap and buy a 450 and the next thing you know is them coming on here and crying about crashing their helis and that 450s are garbage because they need to learn everything all over again lol.
Funny, I thought the same thing on the maiden flight of the V120!

Now I'm a newbie flying 3-axis Genius CP and used to it, so I'm no expert by any stretch.

I started out with the GCP in 6-axis mode when I first got it to get used to a CP from coaxials and can't help to notice that the V120 flies just like the CP in 6-axis mode. Give it some forward and it goes until you leave go, and it levels off. This V120 does the exact same thing!

I'm beginning to think this V120 is a good entry point for beginner CP pilots who want a bigger bird. It may also even provide a good bridge between beginner and intermediate pilots.

However, I think experienced pilots are going to be annoyed with the 6-axis gyro, IMHO.
indiggio is offline Find More Posts by indiggio
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
You would have to update the receiver's firmware using the UP02 cable, the UP02 adaptor, and the tools and files that can be downloaded from Walkera's website. It's not that tricky, really, once you've got the necessary hardware. Instructions can be found on the website. I had all the needed stuff because I recently updated the f/w in my Ladybird.

Rafa
Ugh. From the looks of it, you have to purchase the UP02 adapter then?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Ugh. From the looks of it, you have to purchase the UP02 adapter then?
Cable and adaptor, or have a friend who has them.

Rafa
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Cable and adaptor, or have a friend who has them.

Rafa
I don't have any friends, just acquaintances...

More $$$ out of my pocket,
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:26 PM
United States, CA, Chowchilla
Joined Aug 2009
957 Posts
Quote:
I don't have any friends, just acquaintances...

More $$$ out of my pocket,
Then just ask them to let you borrow them. I'm sure they will let you lol. this hobby is also all about such things.
helikido is offline Find More Posts by helikido
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Jun 2005
155 Posts
Quote:
Then just ask them to let you borrow them. I'm sure they will let you lol. this hobby is also all about such things.
Unfortunately none of my friends are into this hobby.

They like to hold onto their money!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Oct 2011
41 Posts
So does this new version keep moving when you let go of the stick? I'm sort of used the the way my msr-x fbl head works, which is that it just stays in whatever attitude you put it in (unless it's windy, in which case it pitches up with every gust). Does the new V120 act like a coax and go back to hover when you release the stick? That doesn't sound like fun.
Bill Mercer is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mercer
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, CA, Chowchilla
Joined Aug 2009
957 Posts
is the v1 d01s firmware upgradble?
helikido is offline Find More Posts by helikido
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:04 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
is the v1 d01s firmware upgradble?
Oh yeah, there's the other difference. I don't think that the V1 rx is updatable.

Rafa
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Give it some forward and it goes until you leave go, and it levels off. This V120 does the exact same thing!
Interesting, does it stop completely or does it keep going after it levels off? I heard mixed reviews, saying is still keeps going and maintains the linear speed in that direction unlike genius. The person who tried it compared to higher level FBL systems in that respect.
Skovoroda is online now Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mercer View Post
So does this new version keep moving when you let go of the stick? I'm sort of used the the way my msr-x fbl head works, which is that it just stays in whatever attitude you put it in (unless it's windy, in which case it pitches up with every gust). Does the new V120 act like a coax and go back to hover when you release the stick? That doesn't sound like fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Interesting, does it stop completely or does it keep going after it levels off? I heard mixed reviews, saying is still keeps going and maintains the linear speed in that direction unlike genius. The person who tried it compared to higher level FBL systems in that respect.
I was pretty sure I already knew the answer to this question, but I just flew a pack out in the street in front of the house to prove it to myself. If it's in forward flight, and you just let go of the stick, it keeps going, and does not stop like a coax. It just adds to the mystery of this new 6 axis thing.

Rafa
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
does anybody want to EXCHANGE their stock esc for a deans converted esc?
i will include three deans converted batteries to sweeten the deal. teh esc comes off a v120d02s
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 12, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
I was pretty sure I already knew the answer to this question, but I just flew a pack out in the street in front of the house to prove it to myself. If it's in forward flight, and you just let go of the stick, it keeps going, and does not stop like a coax. It just adds to the mystery of this new 6 axis thing.

Rafa
Nice, i guess the 6 axis is 3 gyros and 3 accelerometers. Basically if you tell it go forward, it will go forward compensating for drifts off course and keep the linear speed constant. Does it have magic pot on the RX as well that nobody know what it does? Seems like Walkera needs to get their marketing together. What i've heard that adult FBL systems do the same, they eventually return the swash to the level, if tested stationary, but they don't return it in flight, they only apply course corrections to make heli do exactly what it has been told, unlike previous generations that only tilt the swash and keep it that way til its told otherwise. So overall it is more advance FBL with heading hold gyros ( i might be wrong in the terminology here ). If only walkera will add pyro compensation to the 120 it would be sweet, or maybe one day there will be open source FW written for it. We are already on the right track with user upgradable firmware, it is only the matter of time now.
Skovoroda is online now Find More Posts by Skovoroda