SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:10 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Old video!

Here's an old video I came across on my iPhone. Here's the description from yt: "I had filmed this a few months ago while writing a review for this model for HobbyOne.com.hk. This is my friend Kenny flying it at a fun fly. The weird thing is that at the time, it looked like my iPhone hadn't recorded any of it. A few days ago, it appears on my phone as of I had just filmed it! I thought I better get it out before my phone loses it again!!"

Enjoy:
Old video of my Walkera New V120D02S. (1 min 23 sec)

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Hi Rafa ,

Good job on your review!
I am thinking of getting one.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
Hi Rafa ,

Good job on your review!
I am thinking of getting one.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I hope you do get one--I'd like to get your take on this whole 'full time 6-axis' thing.

Rafa
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:23 AM
Bring back the Huey!
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
I'll second that. Your work has been a God send on helping us.
Great Video Rafa. Some day maybe. My inverted looks like that but only if done in super slow motion and then a quick fade before impact.
Stupid Rain and Wind storm has me grounded today.
Sim...Sim...Sim
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:51 AM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Does anybody know the size of the screw that attaches the tail grip holders to the shaft. (Little tiny ones). The new V2 has screws that are made of the soft metal unknown by anybody except Walkera. It snapped when removing to install stripper clutch. I'm Grounded and Seriously POed.
Help
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:25 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSmurf View Post
Does anybody know the size of the screw that attaches the tail grip holders to the shaft. (Little tiny ones). The new V2 has screws that are made of the soft metal unknown by anybody except Walkera. It snapped when removing to install stripper clutch. I'm Grounded and Seriously POed.
Help
You will probably have to buy this screw set to get them..http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-v120d02..._screwset.aspx Is Walkera still using the Allen headed ones on the NEW heli? You might be able to find a heli-Max Novus 125 screw set at you local hobby shop if they handle Heli-Max parts Heli-Max Complete Screw Set
[HMXE7334] http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lete-Screw-Set

But they will be Phillips head ones but will still fit..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Sep 20, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
You will probably have to buy this screw set to get them..http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-v120d02..._screwset.aspx Is Walkera still using the Allen headed ones on the NEW heli? You might be able to find a heli-Max Novus 125 screw set at you local hobby shop if they handle Heli-Max parts Heli-Max Complete Screw Set
[HMXE7334] http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lete-Screw-Set

But they will be Phillips head ones but will still fit..
Thanks Bob
No, everything is Phillips head soft metal. I didn't even tighten hard and it snapped. I don't even know why the Allen keys are still included.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Bob
No, everything is Phillips head soft metal. I didn't even tighten hard and it snapped. I don't even know why the Allen keys are still included.
They must be using up the older V120D02S or was it the D02 that had the Allen headed ones.. parts kit.. I don't like using any lock tight on these as it's to hard to remove them if you do.. And you will get plenty of vibration at the tail warning you if they are coming loose.. But then I'll check everything else on the heli trying to solve the problem and it's not till they fly off that I finally remember about checking them..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
I ordered both screw kits, hopefully its in there. Lesson learned for all out there. Snug....only
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:10 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
I ordered both screw kits, hopefully its in there. Lesson learned for all out there. Snug....only
Always a good idea to order the screw set when buying a new heli or with your first parts order.. That way you will never need them..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:04 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Always a good idea to order the screw set when buying a new heli or with your first parts order.. That way you will never need them..
The irony of this ordeal is, I went to take the screws out after I removed the tail blades and they came out fine. The blade grips would not come off, they were pressed on really tight, so I put everything back together and felt the screw turn easy and not snug up tight. I decided to place an order before I went and changed the tail.
Being a great day to fly, I spooled it up and at half throttle I watched the tail blade and holder go flying past me. Well, guess the screw didn't tighten. I found the blade and grip and then noted the broken screw upon inspection.
Stupid, stupid me, I know better, I just wanted to fly this. Least I found out the grips came off easy that way.
So, I had the parts already ordered, but wasn't sure if they came in the screw pack or I could get it locally. (I hate waiting)
I just took out my frustration on the Genius (left the big ones alone...trouble usually happens in 3's)
Again, Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
690 Posts
Hi Rafa,

Nice review and thread you started here. If the $$$ are available for X-MAS I think one of these will be my present to myself

Three years ago it was couple of 4#6S's, two years ago a CB100 for the cold winter indoors, this year a couple of 450's for the summer and one 4#6S converted to V120D01. I've been getting a little aggressive with the 450's. I thinks it's time to take it to the next level with a V120D02S. This heli sounds like fun and the durability might just be the ticket to practice some moves I have chickened out on with the 450 this year.

Happy Flying Everyone !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Thanks Bill,

I think you'd enjoy this model. I wonder what the new whiz bang will be by Xmas. Lol. Happy weekend,

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Hi Rafa,

Nice review and thread you started here. If the $$$ are available for X-MAS I think one of these will be my present to myself

Three years ago it was couple of 4#6S's, two years ago a CB100 for the cold winter indoors, this year a couple of 450's for the summer and one 4#6S converted to V120D01. I've been getting a little aggressive with the 450's. I thinks it's time to take it to the next level with a V120D02S. This heli sounds like fun and the durability might just be the ticket to practice some moves I have chickened out on with the 450 this year.

Happy Flying Everyone !!!

Bill S.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:26 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Thanks Bill,

I think you'd enjoy this model. I wonder what the new whiz bang will be by Xmas. Lol. Happy weekend,

Rafa
Yeah, LOL !!! The next best thing will come out soon after I buy something

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:17 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
I know that some are complaining of excessive compensation by the 6 axis gyro, especially in FFF. I do not feel any compensation in FFF. In fact I feel that it is much more locked in throughout. It also feels a bit better doing with mild stationary 3D. The big difference is in slow moving mild continuous, especially rolling upright to inverted or vice versa. It just has a much smoother feel than the 3 axis gyro.

However, I have the problem with excessive compensation with my Master CP whereas others are happy with theirs. It seems there is a lot of variation between receivers as they leave the factory. Here is a picture of my pot settings on the 6 axis V120D02S.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw