HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSmurf View Post
OK, I have read all I can on the D02s and am just as confused as when I started. So, I'll just ask.
I have the genius and love it, but I can't get it to loop, flip or do other moves. Seems way underpowed. I am considering the 02 v2. Will this work for me. I own a 450fbl and I'm a big chickens*** when it comes to it, but don't care with genius because its so crash resistant. My questions are, is it strong enough for the upcoming crashes and will it do the 3d or is there one better. Thanks in advance for your help
The V120D02S will definitely work for you. The Genius didn't work for me and I used the V120D02S to learn basic 3D. One you have got the hang of the moves, it may be worthwhile to switch back to the Genius at some stage. It is still quite durable but not as durable as the Genius.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:29 AM
Bring back the Huey!
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Thank you. It seems most of my crashes are occuring because I cannot get the Genius to flip without full negative and if I get it inverted it doesn't have enough power to keep it up.
Is the new 6 axis or older new 3 Axis better?
Again, thanks all
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Thank you. It seems most of my crashes are occuring because I cannot get the Genius to flip without full negative and if I get it inverted it doesn't have enough power to keep it up.
Is the new 6 axis or older new 3 Axis better?
Again, thanks all
Personally, I could not see that much difference between the two. The 6 axis version appears to be more stable and is better for beginners' 3D.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:38 AM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Personally, I could not see that much difference between the two. The 6 axis version appears to be more stable and is better for beginners' 3D.
Again, Thank you. Sounds like this is the one I'm going to get. I fly my 450/500 in the yard so I'm not intimidated by the size of the yard or Heli. I was just getting seriously mad because I couldn't get the Genius to do anything. Give it full throttle and you can here it bog and slow. Only way I got a loop or flip was to get it way up, scream down and flip it or loop it. When I got it inverted you could here it die in negative and down it would go.
Hopefully this will do the trick...then I will have enough nerve to flip the bigger ones.
Again, thanks and now its time to go spend more money.
PS: Nobody tell the wife.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 12:24 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I think you'll have a good time with this one. Let us know,

Rafa

Quote:
Again, Thank you. Sounds like this is the one I'm going to get. I fly my 450/500 in the yard so I'm not intimidated by the size of the yard or Heli. I was just getting seriously mad because I couldn't get the Genius to do anything. Give it full throttle and you can here it bog and slow. Only way I got a loop or flip was to get it way up, scream down and flip it or loop it. When I got it inverted you could here it die in negative and down it would go.
Hopefully this will do the trick...then I will have enough nerve to flip the bigger ones.
Again, thanks and now its time to go spend more money.
PS: Nobody tell the wife.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:22 AM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Well, I ordered the new V2 version. Thanks all. I'm using my Devo 7 (I can actually understand it). Question on the curves you guys are using. I know my genius has the pitch set down to 70% and I use TC of 0-50-100 (N); 95-95-95 (ST1) ; 100-100-100 (ST2). PC of -35-0-100 (N) ; -100-0-100 (ST1) ; -100-0-100 (ST2).
Should i set the 120 the same way or leave it 100% pitch and use Walkeras strange curve numbers?
Also, should I do that Slipper Clutch thing?
Thanks
I did finally manage to get the Genius to go inverted.....did good till it moved...brain and fingers went duh and in the woods it went. No damage but back to the Sim more.
Its always easy on the sim, real life Duh
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:36 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Well, I ordered the new V2 version. Thanks all. I'm using my Devo 7 (I can actually understand it). Question on the curves you guys are using. I know my genius has the pitch set down to 70% and I use TC of 0-50-100 (N); 95-95-95 (ST1) ; 100-100-100 (ST2). PC of -35-0-100 (N) ; -100-0-100 (ST1) ; -100-0-100 (ST2).
Should i set the 120 the same way or leave it 100% pitch and use Walkeras strange curve numbers?
Thanks
I did finally manage to get the Genius to go inverted.....did good till it moved...brain and fingers went duh and in the woods it went. No damage but back to the Sim more.
Yes you should get a slipper clutch.. I'll have more of mine in stock by the end of the week..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Yes you should get a slipper clutch.. I'll have more of mine in stock by the end of the week..
Outstanding. Let me know when and how to get one from you.
Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:04 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Outstanding. Let me know when and how to get one from you.
Thanks
Just send me a email to slipperclutch@mi.rr.com and I'll add you to the list...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Quote:
Thanks
I would drop to pitch TA to 60% or so. This could be one reason that your motor gets bogged down when inverted. In any case, you should check whether the servos run into each other at the extremes of pitch. I never got much out of the Genius in terms of 3D either. One day, it would flip normally but it would drop out of the sky the next day when I went inverted. I think it had got something to do with the meshing between the main gear and the pinion. I never got the stage when I could hover the Genius inverted. However, I used the Genius motor in the Mini CP without any problems.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:15 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,116 Posts
FBL pitch gauge

What pitch gauge are you folks using for your V120 FBL?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2006
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
What pitch gauge are you folks using for your V120 FBL?
I'm using this one.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3801
naruto is offline Find More Posts by naruto
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Bring back the Huey!
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I think you'll have a good time with this one. Let us know,

Rafa
Hey All
I got my Shiny New Lime Green V120D02S V2 today. Of course Mother Nature didn't Co-operating and gave me some wind off and on, but I gave it a couple of test flights. My mini-review -- Great...worth every dollar.
To give it some perspective, I own a Trex 500, 450 Pro FBL with Beastx and the Genius. My flying skill is just starting 3D with finishing touches on Nose in stuff and consistent circles. Anyway back to the Heli....
Wow, I lucked out and got a set-up straight and correct from Walkera. I already had my Devo 7 programmed in and away we went.
Hovered solid with no drift at all (OK, except when the wind hit it). I noticed right away the amount of power it has. I tested the hovering for a while and the only thing I noticed was it would go up or down faster than my other heli's, touchy throttle, but always enough power to scream straight up. Tail was rock solid with no piro on punch ups or downs.
Enough of the hovering, it was time to air it out. Little skippy took off like a rocket. Did I mention plenty of power. Turns where great, held the line through as did all other movements.
Put it in a vertical to try a stall turn and found out it keeps on going..no die off like the Genius. Second time I went for the loop and over it went...I Looped...then had to land, that shaking hand thing started.
Wind came up and ended my fun after that. So, overall impression so far is Fantastic. With my D/R and Expo changed, It flys like my 450, fast, responsive, straight and true. Difference being I was to scared to loop the 450, not this.
Seeing as I'm not that great I can't comment on the 3-axsis vs this new 6-axsis, but I can say it does fly just like my 450.
With docil settings it fly's nice and easy and I had no issues other than the up/down from the throttle and me getting used to it. The green is nice and easy to see, even for me with tone blindness against trees.
I can't comment on survivability yet, I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later. Now its on to the servo saver mod and putting on the slipper clutch.

I want to thank you all because you were correct, this is a great Helicopter.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:05 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Good to hear! I'm still having a blast with this thing, my Genius is getting jealous.

Rafa

Quote:
Hey All
I got my Shiny New Lime Green V120D02S V2 today. Of course Mother Nature didn't Co-operating and gave me some wind off and on, but I gave it a couple of test flights. My mini-review -- Great...worth every dollar.
To give it some perspective, I own a Trex 500, 450 Pro FBL with Beastx and the Genius. My flying skill is just starting 3D with finishing touches on Nose in stuff and consistent circles. Anyway back to the Heli....
Wow, I lucked out and got a set-up straight and correct from Walkera. I already had my Devo 7 programmed in and away we went.
Hovered solid with no drift at all (OK, except when the wind hit it). I noticed right away the amount of power it has. I tested the hovering for a while and the only thing I noticed was it would go up or down faster than my other heli's, touchy throttle, but always enough power to scream straight up. Tail was rock solid with no piro on punch ups or downs.
Enough of the hovering, it was time to air it out. Little skippy took off like a rocket. Did I mention plenty of power. Turns where great, held the line through as did all other movements.
Put it in a vertical to try a stall turn and found out it keeps on going..no die off like the Genius. Second time I went for the loop and over it went...I Looped...then had to land, that shaking hand thing started.
Wind came up and ended my fun after that. So, overall impression so far is Fantastic. With my D/R and Expo changed, It flys like my 450, fast, responsive, straight and true. Difference being I was to scared to loop the 450, not this.
Seeing as I'm not that great I can't comment on the 3-axsis vs this new 6-axsis, but I can say it does fly just like my 450.
With docil settings it fly's nice and easy and I had no issues other than the up/down from the throttle and me getting used to it. The green is nice and easy to see, even for me with tone blindness against trees.
I can't comment on survivability yet, I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later. Now its on to the servo saver mod and putting on the slipper clutch.

I want to thank you all because you were correct, this is a great Helicopter.
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:08 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
Just remember that oomodel and helipal are selling servo replacement gears as well as arms. They are not an exact copy of the stock ones but will work all the same.