brilliant
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:06 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Romney apparently got a standing ovation, of some sort, at the end of his speech.
That wasn't a standing ovation; the audience were on their feet and clapping because they were happy the 'entertainment' was finally over and getting ready to head for the door!
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:42 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
To do a simple shaming of the OP intent of bashing Romney using a false assertion, just watch the FULL video of that speech and then come back and tell us how bad his reception was.
If you watch, you'll see that he was booed twice, and not all that loud at that, and he was applauded a lot during the speech, and given a standing O after.

Watch Mitt Romney's Full Speech at NAACP National Convention (23 min 48 sec)
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
To do a simple shaming of the OP intent of bashing Romney using a false assertion, just watch the FULL video of that speech and then come back and tell us how bad his reception was.
If you watch, you'll see that he was booed twice, and not all that loud at that, and he was applauded a lot during the speech, and given a standing O after.
You mean such a 'Leftist' group actually displayed a lot of respect for a Republican presidential candidate? Say it isn't so!

Wonder if president Obama will be afforded the same respect from those on the right...
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:03 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
Joined May 2004
2,643 Posts
Naacp doesn't like him? I like it.

Romney keeps surprising me with his backbone and I'm liking him more and more.

BTW, the fact that successful people like him isn't a drawback for me, though I certainly understand why those who are members of the " handout class" think that is a bad thing.
Griffin is offline Find More Posts by Griffin
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:11 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,638 Posts
It is funny that having a president that is in good with the creators of economic life is a bad thing. Better to lie about your connection and claim they are evil. Does the much loved Obama care really help those folks that in rabid agreement with it? Maybe, but I don't think they will like it after the reality of it kicks in. May have to cancel their data plans on the iPhone
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,167 Posts
I caught part of Joe Biden's speech. It was a stemwinder. I thought it interesting that the VP rather than the President, gave the speech. First, the VP is less authoritative than the President, and can thus speak with more clarity. Secondly, and I wonder what you guys think about it, was there a different impression compared to watching a black man giving the speech?
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
715 Posts
Something neither man mentioned.

Quote:
The Biden comment likely sits well with NAACP members as, on Tuesday, the NAACP unanimously passed an “emergency resolution” calling the bipartisan votes to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal and civil contempt of Congress a “travesty of justice.” The resolution is meant for the NAACP to “express their outrage at the treatment of the first African-American and one of the best attorney generals in history.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/12/bi...#ixzz20QiBokoD
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:59 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Texas will go to Romney. So i find it interesting that Romney still took his time to come address Obama's most devoted bloc. In light of Obama having no chance in Texas, he sends Biden down there to speak, while he is busy sucking the teet of the rich, with 20,000$/srat dinners with the capitalist he hates so much. Just in interesting look at priorities
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
What's wrong, buddy, can't take a joke? Both candidates are in my book.
Good topic of discussion, but I'll note once again that a different opinion is greeted by ad homs and diversion, and the mere mention of the NAACP brings forth comments with racial overtones.

Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Funny stuff
The NARWP was funny. The overtones are an embarrassment.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau