HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Are those modules like the tactic adaptors for tx-r aircraft, so they can plug into a spectrum TX?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Are those modules like the tactic adaptors for tx-r aircraft, so they can plug into a spectrum TX?
There should be no problems If these modules use the signal from the trainer port.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 11, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Ok I own both a mcpx and a turnify fbl100. I have extensively flown and crashed both, the fbl100 has a more locked in feel and is very stable when transitioning inbetween 3d manoeuvres it does not have the pitching tendancies or the cyclic wobble that the mcpx gets. The tail is also very locked in and it has a little more power. However it is not as crashable as the mcpx I found the main gear came off the main shaft very easily, the bearing would come out of the frame and also the swashplate would come apart. Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
Ok I own both a mcpx and a turnify fbl100. I have extensively flown and crashed both, the fbl100 has a more locked in feel and is very stable when transitioning inbetween 3d manoeuvres it does not have the pitching tendancies or the cyclic wobble that the mcpx gets. The tail is also very locked in and it has a little more power. However it is not as crashable as the mcpx I found the main gear came off the main shaft very easily, the bearing would come out of the frame and also the swashplate would come apart. Mcpx parts do fit straight onto the fbl100 I am now using mcpx main shaft main gear and swashplate many crashes pick it up fly it again. I have also owned both genius cp and minicp they outperform both and hold up well in crashes except for the servos as they do strip gears if you are not quick on throttle hold when you crash.
Sounds good if FBL100 has no tail pitch loss and we use main gear and swash plate. Think I'm going to get one. So it should loop, roll and invert easier than stock mcpx v2? But you are saying the Walkera Genius and Mini still outperforms it?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
Joined Oct 2009
81 Posts
Finally got a chance to fly this beast and seems I have a bad all in one board. It wanted to roll hard left and forward coming off the ground. Tried adding a little trim and it got worse. I took the main blades off , pulled the board and unplugged the main and t/r motor connections. At 1/2 throttle the swash goes up and forward. At full throttle all servos extend and then the pitch throttle comes about 1/2 way down by its self. At full throttle I gave it full forward and it stayed full throttle with a centered right stick. All movements are erratic and jerky. Hooked it all back up but left the blades off and with the motors turning same thing. Buying it from HK I know they won't offer any king of service so I guess I'll by a new board before I even try to fly it. Glad I have 6 other heli's to fly. Who has these boards and did we decide that the MCPx board will work? Any suggestions appreciated.
Rockytop448 is offline Find More Posts by Rockytop448
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytop448 View Post
Finally got a chance to fly this beast and seems I have a bad all in one board. It wanted to roll hard left and forward coming off the ground. Tried adding a little trim and it got worse. I took the main blades off , pulled the board and unplugged the main and t/r motor connections. At 1/2 throttle the swash goes up and forward. At full throttle all servos extend and then the pitch throttle comes about 1/2 way down by its self. At full throttle I gave it full forward and it stayed full throttle with a centered right stick. All movements are erratic and jerky. Hooked it all back up but left the blades off and with the motors turning same thing. Buying it from HK I know they won't offer any king of service so I guess I'll by a new board before I even try to fly it. Glad I have 6 other heli's to fly. Who has these boards and did we decide that the MCPx board will work? Any suggestions appreciated.
The servos are plugged into the correct sockets?? Do the servos move in the correct sense for pitch and roll when throttle is off?

Hobby King have spares for these including the board (although the boards are currently on back order). The only annoying thing about mine is the swash plate repeatedly separates on anything less than a perfect landing to the point where its now very loose.in the bearing. I might need to add a drop of epoxy to keep it holding together until spare swash plates arrive.
papernkero is offline Find More Posts by papernkero
Last edited by papernkero; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Enkhuizen
Joined Jul 2007
619 Posts
I have a repeating bug that occurs sometimes that when you connect lipo and begin powering up servo begins pitching the blades forwards slowly keeps going until max. I disconnect and plug back in and all is well, it is for this reason every time I now hold the heli to test before setting it down to fly.
stonerscolony is offline Find More Posts by stonerscolony
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:00 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8 View Post
Sounds good if FBL100 has no tail pitch loss and we use main gear and swash plate. Think I'm going to get one. So it should loop, roll and invert easier than stock mcpx v2? But you are saying the Walkera Genius and Mini still outperforms it?
There are reports that Walkera will in future make all their helis compatible with all their existing transmitters including the 2801pro. If you wait a bit longer, you may find a Mini CP compatible with the 2801 pro. The Mini CP is much more stable than the mCPX V2 when inverted. Its motor rarely gets bogged down and it is almost impossible to get a tail blowout. You can also consider the new Devo 7e trasnmitter which is quite cheap.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:21 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papernkero View Post
The servos are plugged into the correct sockets?? Do the servos move in the correct sense for pitch and roll when throttle is off?

Hobby King have spares for these including the board (although the boards are currently on back order). The only annoying thing about mine is the swash plate repeatedly separates on anything less than a perfect landing to the point where its now very loose.in the bearing. I might need to add a drop of epoxy to keep it holding together until spare swash plates arrive.
In the other thread it was said the mCP x swash is a direct replacement
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
In the other thread it was said the mCP x swash is a direct replacement
The problem is that to do that Id have to replace the entire head assembly because the ball joints are larger on the FBL-100 swash plate so the links won't fit. The only thing in common is the main shaft diameter.

Epoxy seems to have done the job so far until spares arrive.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:54 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jun 2010
40 Posts
I've got the same problem as RockyTop has, only mine hard roll to the right and forward. Trims don't work. I've tried but the swashplate just doesn't want to center when throttle's up. If I turn on Throttle Hold then the swashplate will center itself and moves around nicely, but then the heli wouldn't fly. Has anyone got a fix to this problem?
coaxialnewbie is offline Find More Posts by coaxialnewbie
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:42 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaxialnewbie View Post
I've got the same problem as RockyTop has, only mine hard roll to the right and forward. Trims don't work. I've tried but the swashplate just doesn't want to center when throttle's up. If I turn on Throttle Hold then the swashplate will center itself and moves around nicely, but then the heli wouldn't fly. Has anyone got a fix to this problem?
I had an issue develop with mine yesterday. I found I needed full throttle just to fly. Turned out a small piece of grit from a landing in dirt had got into the pitch servo gear, limiting the full upward movement of the swash plate. Moving the pitch servo gear by hand located the spot where the gear was jamming and I used a small brush to clear the gear. The grit was so small it wasn't visible but it certainly had an effect.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Is this a good beginner rc helicopter to start learning? I'm torn between this and the mcpx.
kidlat is offline Find More Posts by kidlat
Old Aug 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Jun 2010
40 Posts
I don't think mine had problems with grits and dirt because I unboxed mine just yesterday. I'm sure the problem lies with my board, especially the 3 axis gyro. Can I recalibrate or reset the board? Also if I have a RTF model, would rebinding it help?
coaxialnewbie is offline Find More Posts by coaxialnewbie
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:11 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlat View Post
Is this a good beginner rc helicopter to start learning? I'm torn between this and the mcpx.
Beginner in CP or beginner in helis? Makes a big difference.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan