HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppaPope View Post
Awe, that's unfortunate! I suppose we could hold out hope that they may sell another version that comes with a programmable TX. I don't have any existing TX, I just know I would need one that's programmable for the throttle and pitch curves. I was looking forward to getting a nice little cheap CP that I could service via LHS. Looks like I'll be going with the Exceed XH100 then.
I went with the XH100 myself for exactly the same reason. I ordered mine last week from xheli before the more recent price drop unfortunately, I paid 139, now it is 126 and change! I am relatively new with CP and I too thought that I would require a programmable Tx. It's ashame because I sure did like the FBL100 price point!

I saw somewhere that hobbycool has the same hisky heli with programmable tx for 160 shipped. Thing is if this tx protocol only works on this one heli, it seems like a better investment to go with the walkera or the re-brand by exceed.

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:42 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrojolt View Post
Indeed... I'm not going to get one... don't need another transmitter and for 100 bucks we can have a 450 FBL clone.
Yeah, but if you're me, it won't actually fly! Thats why the RTF's are tempting, They fly until you crash them at least!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,106 Posts
I bought my XH 100 from Nitro models at $139.00 but that day they had 11% discount and paid $138.00 shipped. So current price isn't that great. If you have a T9X rig you can build a EXI 450 heli with goodies for $150.00 . I love little micos but bigger is better for some of us.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Jul 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:23 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Enkhuizen
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
It arrived! (finally)

I'm not converting my review from my site from HTML to BB entirely lol, you can find my review here:

http://www.fatedev.com/?p=101&Detail...+bundle+of+fun

Waiting on my video from a friend.

Overall a really cool mini 3D heli
stonerscolony is offline Find More Posts by stonerscolony
Last edited by stonerscolony; Dec 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM. Reason: bad url link, site restructured
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:01 AM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
Turnigy FBL100 3D mini heli from HobbyKing (1 min 11 sec)

Not so super long but still super cool
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:12 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
180 Posts
I also bought one of these and its a great little heli. I also have the SoloPro 3D which I found was very twitchy and didnt enjoy flying. This FBL100 is a joy to fly and a great into flybarless helis at a great price.I'm using it as practice for the HK450Pro 3D Im currently building. The radio cant be programmed but it feels nice and does all the basics right out of the box. I've ordered extra batteries as the 2 supplied just arent enough for me. The AC plug pack runs 110 to 240V so I just used an adapter to fit the local 240V socket.

One of my flying buddies has the Blade mCpx and they are identical.but still mechanically different. The FBL100 is obviously a redesigned mCpx. The FBL100 has a square tail boom while the mCpx's is round, the mechanical shape of the boom mount is different, the tail fin is different, the body is different, the swash plate on the FBL100 is heavier with larger ball joints and the landing gear is lighter and thinner than the mCpx. The FBL100 also has a unique 'curved' shape to the tail blade.
papernkero is offline Find More Posts by papernkero
Old Jul 30, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
My friend is bringing his mCpx also to compare but off the bat he told me when he seen me fly the FBL100 has more power and the tail holds better also.

I snipped the adapter of the supplied wall charger and soldered on 4MM bullets to use my own balance charger.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
There is a good deal at buychina 136$ free shipping worldwide http://www.buychina.com/products/14733894116
ercapoccia is offline Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:11 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,508 Posts
Alright so I have both the MXCP and the HK FBL100.

The MCPX is more for a beginner. Its pretty locked in hover, its easy to recover from mistakes and you have to fly it cautiously or else you get tail blow outs.

THIS HK FBL 100 IS AWESOME!!!!! Super twitchy and responsive so if you are a beginner dont even think about it. On my first battery I was doing some flips in idle up mode and slapping the throttle all over the place. Not one tail blow out which was amazing.

The downside. I had 3 small crashed into grass hitting throttle cut every time. On the third crash the black wire came loose from my motor. It would be a very hard fix so i think I am going to just order a new motor. Im going to order a Hi Sky motor though and hope it fits on. The HK motor wiring is to brittle.

So the upside: NO TAIL BLOW OUTS while flipping.

Downside: Cheap tail motor.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,746 Posts
Wow, that is high praise for this little bird. Better than an MCpx. Shame it does not bind to DSM or 9X or I would buy it in an instant.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 01:31 PM
Italy
Joined Nov 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Wow, that is high praise for this little bird. Better than an MCpx. Shame it does not bind to DSM or 9X or I would buy it in an instant.
They are going to sell BNF versione compatible with spektrum and futaba.

Here is the thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=46

I think this discussion should be closed because of the other!
matrixFLYER is online now Find More Posts by matrixFLYER
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:34 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER View Post
They are going to sell BNF versione compatible with spektrum and futaba.

Here is the thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=46

I think this discussion should be closed because of the other!
I understand that this posting you refer to is telling there are going to be plug-in RF modules for the 9x transmitter to make it compatible with Spektrum etc. But perhaps I read this wrong, english is not my native language.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:23 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,508 Posts
Sharam, no kidding. I was really getting tired of my tail blow outs on my MCPX even after extending the boom. I didnt have one tail blow out with my HK fbl100 in any of my flights yesterday.
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:57 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,746 Posts
Yes, I also do not understand that referenced post. I have no interest in futaba or spektrum modules for my 9x as I already have 2 Turnigy 9x radios and a DX6i. Would like a cheaper bnf version of this heli but might bite if I get a good freebie or it gets discounted. Sounds like its a nice park flyer. Still don't have my 450 in the air. Someday...
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Jul 2007
624 Posts
Friend brought his mcpx today we got a chance to fly together and over all even he said he'd rather fly the FBL100.

Attached below are some photos I took of both together for comparison:

FBL100 tail motor is bigger
mcpx landing skids have more clearance.
The canopy pin holes are only 3MM out of line to swap between (so none-drilled canopy would technically fit both)

Heads - same, linkages - same, just about everything is.. the same lol.

I am getting the mcpx landing skids to put on my FBL100 and my friend is getting a FBL100 tail motor to put on his mcpx. I think both will seriously improve the model