Ming Lou
Ming is online now Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:16 AM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
I'm in the UK at the moment and will be in HK next week till the end if the month so no maiden till I get home
Ming what is the location of the flying site that we see in the video's would love to see the airliner's taking flight

Mike
limodune is online now Find More Posts by limodune
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:28 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,713 Posts
HKMEC website:
http://www.hkmec.com/airfield.htm

Ming Lou
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
no maiden yet...... i run everything on deans connectors. i can deal with most others with jumpers that i've made but not the ones that came with this jet. one day maybe they'll standardize this or at least offer us a choice! so, my 777 won't be flight ready until the end of the week.

hawiian flyin.... in the past i've just made a slit in the foam with an exacto knife to get at the servo arm screw. looks like you'll need to do some carving since the servo is a tight fit in the pocket (no room to get the arm off once the screw comes out). good luck. on a different note so far these little rotating retracts are working well (i have the 1100mm corsair as well) but i do have a spare set since i know they can be problematic.
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:32 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Servo problem fixed. Weather calling for light winds this weekend Hoping to try flying it this weekend if I can get it done.but I doubt it. Things like work take up most of my time. Still need to finish painting it before I put it all together. Trying to figure out where to locate my receiver. Not much room in there.
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
HKMEC website:
http://www.hkmec.com/airfield.htm

Ming Lou

Thanks

Mike
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:55 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Mar 2012
336 Posts
I am going to buy one of these. I love civil aircraft (collect diecast airliners), just maidened my first EDF civil aircraft which was the HK A380. Because until now I have been concentrating on aerobats and warbirds, I only just found the windrider site. Going to order a 777 asap and do up an Ansett livery.
Spudz27 is offline Find More Posts by Spudz27
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:01 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Here's where I'm at right now. Waiting for my decals from Callie Graphics.
Ming: I have a question on the balance point. The instructions say 200mm. saw one of your post that stated 5mm back from the point you showed on the wing. Took a measurement and that came out to 185mm form the leading edge of the wing. Is that correct? Hope to try and maiden next weekend.
Thanks
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
wow, looks great!

did you epoxy or otherwise glue the wing halves together when you built it? mine is all built, just a few finishing touches left. i used packing tape on the top of the wing joint to hold it together unless somebody has a better idea.

rob
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:12 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
I glued the wings together using Gorilla Glue. Use that stuff on all my foam planes. Works great. Got it balanced last night. Balanced it at the point Ming pointed out. Had to carve a bit of foam out from the fuse for my battery to slide forward. Just need my decals and it's ready to go. Going for this look.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
That is looking nice

Mike
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:30 AM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
Here's where I'm at right now. Waiting for my decals from Callie Graphics.
Ming: I have a question on the balance point. The instructions say 200mm. saw one of your post that stated 5mm back from the point you showed on the wing. Took a measurement and that came out to 185mm form the leading edge of the wing. Is that correct? Hope to try and maiden next weekend.
Thanks
Did you vinyl the fuse?
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,713 Posts
200mm is ok.

Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
Did you vinyl the fuse?
Not vinyl. I sanded the fuse with 600 grit paper. Then I mixed some microballoons and WBPU and gave it one coat. Sanded that down smooth. Then sprayed one coat of white Krylon Fusion for plastic paint. Then one more coat of WBPU by itself Came out ok, Same process for the tail. Hope to get it airborne next week!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
here's mine in stock configuration. i still have to do some carving to get the battery forward for the cg to work. hope to maiden in the next day or two.