HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:37 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,721 Posts
The rear part of this airliner just the the Twin Jet or Fun Jet of MPX.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:48 AM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,862 Posts
Sonic liner

lt maybe popular now, but sales were poor . I had one It didn't fly
well with the brushed motors , so Muiltplex dumped it
I know compared to most of there plane this was offered
only a very short time
pulsery2k1 is online now Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
I got out to the strip today with good weather and low wind, had 2 tries at take off but could not get the b777 to fly-----I want to put retracts on this but with the extra weight it will go nowhere, so I am going to see if I can put some 70mm edf's in there and some new motor's, speedies and run it on 4s batteries like the setup in my a320, a 3300 4s battery fit's I have checked, that should put some lead in it's pencil, I have all these in my spares box so I will give it a try, if it takes off with ease and flies well I will then add retracts

Mike

windrider b777 attempted take off from grass.mp4 (0 min 47 sec)
limodune is offline Find More Posts by limodune
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:52 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,857 Posts
Bummer, or Bugger as you Aussies say! What is the "C" rating on that battery? I just ordered mine a couple of days ago....we have a paved runway, and I hope 3S3300/40C will get it up???
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:39 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
330 Posts
I got 2 flights on mine and it seemed to have more than enough power. Using a Turnigy 3S 3300 30-40c battery. I'm flying off of pavement though so dont know how much of a difference that makes..
Looks like light winds again on Friday so will be flying mine again. Just getting more practice before I attempt flying my 737's
Limo:
Looks like not enough speed before attempting to lift off. My video shows mine took a long run before getting airborne and It was going pretty fast. Maybe a running hand launch would work?
Hawaiian
Hawaiian Flyin is online now Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
I used new 20-30c batteries, the instruction manual states 20-25c

Mike
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:45 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
330 Posts
I'm no expert as far as batteries go so dont know if the difference in the C ratings would make much of a difference. Just seemed to me from your video that it needed more speed to lift off. But that might be because of the grass providing too much resistance. Hope you get it figured out. It's a cool plane to fly!
If I manage to go on Friday I'll try to take some more video and show how long it takes mine to lift off.
Hawaiian
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2010
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limodune View Post
I got out to the strip today with good weather and low wind, had 2 tries at take off but could not get the b777 to fly-----I want to put retracts on this but with the extra weight it will go nowhere, so I am going to see if I can put some 70mm edf's in there and some new motor's, speedies and run it on 4s batteries like the setup in my a320, a 3300 4s battery fit's I have checked, that should put some lead in it's pencil, I have all these in my spares box so I will give it a try, if it takes off with ease and flies well I will then add retracts

Mike

http://youtu.be/E1FwhFoSw3I
Good looking 777 Mike,

I am guessing the weight of the wheels and vinyl are doing it a disservice. You can get away with extra weight if you add flaps. I have a couple Windrider 737s that I added flaps to and they fly like a dream.

Flaps are a faster mod than most think...
Doug W is offline Find More Posts by Doug W
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
Yes it's the grass, although it's short the thick stubble is hard, 30* + temp's does that and makes it like Velcro

HW
I have looked at your take off and also Ming's---it seems to be a long roll out before take off, I have to produce more thrust to over come the drag of the grass, I have some E-Flite airliner narcelles that I have already converted to 70mm edf size so I will attach them to the exiting base on the wings, I am not keen to cut-mess around with the exiting nacelles just yet, a little bit more R&D first with the E-Flite ones

Well some good new's the b787 I ordered Monday has arrive today (Thursday) so some thing to smile about :-)

Mike
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:59 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
330 Posts
"Well some good new's the b787 I ordered Monday has arrive today (Thursday) so some thing to smile about :-)"

Wow! 4 days! I hope my 787 comes in that quickly too!
Keep us updated on progress with the 777. Going to take my FedEx to make more deliveries on Friday..
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:54 AM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
All this b777 take off's and landing's is getting me jealous

Forgot to mention the last parts of a a380 in kit form turned up today also from PWRC, ordered the parts Saturday morning, that will get 70mm edf's also

Mike
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Oct 2011
418 Posts
Doug

Yes the extra weight does not help but the bigger wheels are a must, the vinyl stretched out with heat pretty easy so I think it must be one of the lighter ones, BTW I followed you lead on how to vinyl using sections and overlapping and how to approach the nose area--it was a great help, I know your a737 well I am a blatant lurker on the b737 thread

I opened up the engine hatch to undo the wires for nacelle removal but an inspection showed I can easy install the larger edf's, there is plenty of room for them, so a bit of foam hogging and they will be in, I'm sorta stepping up from the b772 GE-94B engine (93,700lb thrust) to the b773 GE90-115B1 (115,540lb thrust)

Mike
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
330 Posts
With 70mm fans that things gonna fly like a F-16!
Going to fly mine again tomorrow. Going to move the battery back a bit since it was pretty nose heavy. Hopefully that will help where I can lift off sooner and fly and land a little slower.
Hawaiian.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:02 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Flyin View Post
"Well some good new's the b787 I ordered Monday has arrive today (Thursday) so some thing to smile about :-)"
Wow! 4 days! .
Glad you got yours! My 777 has been sitting somewhere around the Airport in HongKong for the last 4 days waiting its turn to be put on an airplane for NYC. ....or the HK tracking system is down???
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,721 Posts
Quote:
Glad you got yours! My 777 has been sitting somewhere around the Airport in HongKong for the last 4 days waiting its turn to be put on an airplane for NYC. ....or the HK tracking system is down???
It happen during X'mas time.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor