HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Aug 2010
74 Posts
Help!
How to Add LED Lights to DJI X450 Quadcopter with Naza FC + GPS + Camera Gimbal

Can anyone tell me how to wire up some LED lights on my DJI 450 quadcopter with Naza FC + Naza GPS + Camera Gimbal for GoPro....

I have done this a lot with rc planes, but I usually run a JST wire off the planes ESC connected inline with a (GWS ICS-50 Li ESC for Li-Poly Packs
GWS ICS-50 Li Electronic Speed Controller with JR/Universal Connector) connected to the lights and into the Futaba R617FS RX so I can move a switch on my radio to turn on the lights...

If I just wire the lights to the DJI Plate to the + / - then the lights will come on anytime I plug in the battery...? Right?

Sorry for being naive, I am new to quadcopters, but would love to know how to do this.

Pictures would be AWESOME!!!

Thank you
flywmoi is offline Find More Posts by flywmoi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,389 Posts
You can wire them directly to the PDB or what I have done on previous builds is use a JST and then you can find a connector that goes in between the battery and the power lead that has an auxillary JST...so you can just plug it in anytime you want...
SDSURFnGLIDE is online now Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
I am running mine right off the DJI plate. 4S , but my LED strip works fine on 4S.
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, CO, Loveland
Joined Jun 2002
63 Posts
What LED strip do you have that works fine on 4S?

Thanks, Jim
Hammbone is offline Find More Posts by Hammbone