HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:19 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
toe in the mains around 2degs and give it a try
The adjustments to the struts was a success!! The Raptor taxi's very nicely now. Thanks for the great tip.

hobbyking f22 raptor edf (5 min 14 sec)
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
nice job on the F22
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,463 Posts
Whalleyboy you should probably have FOD screens installed to keep the pebbles from ruining your fans . Friend of mine was flying his F18 foamie off a street similar to the one you're on and his sucked up some gravel and chipped his fan in the first flight .
pencon is online now Find More Posts by pencon
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:49 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencon View Post
Whalleyboy you should probably have FOD screens installed to keep the pebbles from ruining your fans . Friend of mine was flying his F18 foamie off a street similar to the one you're on and his sucked up some gravel and chipped his fan in the first flight .
That would be a horrible tragedy and likely to happen with my kind of luck. Fortunately I do not plan to fly the Raptor at that location and hopefully will not need to go back there for any more taxi exercises. I do plan to fly from a grass runway, one with incredibly well manicured grass. They get a professional grade roller and grass cutter to keep this place up in the summer time. I hope I do not need fod screens here.
However, I am interested in seeing how a fod screen is installed onto an edf jet and would be keen on seeing any references about it.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
A-4 nut!!
Vancouver B.C.
Joined Apr 2002
4,644 Posts
You could try it - but i'll save you the trouble and tell you that you will end up with massive losses.
skyhawk is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,463 Posts
I mean just for taxiing on a road with sand and gravel , not for flying off a grass field
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:13 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
You could try it - but i'll save you the trouble and tell you that you will end up with massive losses.
I am not installing fod screens. Just thought the idea was interesting.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:19 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
That would be a horrible tragedy and likely to happen with my kind of luck. Fortunately I do not plan to fly the Raptor at that location and hopefully will not need to go back there for any more taxi exercises. I do plan to fly from a grass runway, one with incredibly well manicured grass. They get a professional grade roller and grass cutter to keep this place up in the summer time. I hope I do not need fod screens here.
However, I am interested in seeing how a fod screen is installed onto an edf jet and would be keen on seeing any references about it.
Where are you planning to fly it???
super kupfer is online now Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:31 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Where are you planning to fly it???
I am a member of Lynden RC Flying Club in Washington state. This is where I plan to fly this Raptor and my twin 70mm Projet A-10 which is currently under construction. When flying my foamies I only go as far as Cloverdale B.C. to an isolated road.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,463 Posts
Whalleyboy , thought I'd let you know Mission Wings just sent out a letter for renewing club dues and made a comment on anyone interested in joining get their name on the list ASAP . Probably too far of a drive for you . It is an awesome field though with a giant Mountain at the end of the runway . Very Scene-ic
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Whalleyboy , thought I'd let you know Mission Wings just sent out a letter for renewing club dues and made a comment on anyone interested in joining get their name on the list ASAP . Probably too far of a drive for you . It is an awesome field though with a giant Mountain at the end of the runway . Very Scene-ic
I would be very interested in a membership, providing the runway can work with jets that use 2" foam wheels. What do you think? Logistically speaking, the distance/time to Mission vs Lynden is probably close to the same minus the need to cross the border. I think it would also be nice to fly with other jet pilots.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,463 Posts
I'm not sure if your jet would take off with 2 inch wheels or not , a habu would , and my FMS f4 does but I can't speak for your f22. I do have a nice bungee launcher though .Unfortunately I don't have anyone's number from the club but try contacting One Stop Hobbies in Abbotsford they might have a number list .
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:07 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
I'm not sure if your jet would take off with 2 inch wheels or not , a habu would , and my FMS f4 does but I can't speak for your f22. I do have a nice bungee launcher though .Unfortunately I don't have anyone's number from the club but try contacting One Stop Hobbies in Abbotsford they might have a number list .
I probably would be ok flying there with the 2" wheels on the Raptor. I sent an email to the Mission Wings website admin. I will also talk to One Stop Hobbies for more info as well. Do you ever fly with "Broken Props" out of Aggasiz? I hear they got access to a nice runway.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:18 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,463 Posts
No I haven't been out to the Agassiz field . I think I heard someone at one stop say that the Aggasiz field is accepting members
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
Hey guys, Anyone know where I can find some good lipo packs that are long and slim as opposed to short and fat?
I had been using Gens Ace rebranded packs and they are short and wide and my battery trays in most my jets like the nano type packs better as they come slimmer.