HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
60 Posts
Question
Is epoxy a good glue for rudder hinges?

Is epoxy a good glue for rudder hinges? Seems like a good glue for my easystar rudder.
easystarfpv4 is offline Find More Posts by easystarfpv4
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Nonononono baaaddd idea. Epoxy dries very hard and you will not be able to use your rudder. If you have hinges that slide into slots in the foam use medium or thin CA. You will have to specify what type of hinges they are
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Old Jul 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
... Yet another very, very Googleable question from this user who seems to refuse to do even the most basic research.

Honestly, it's easier and faster to just Google it and have 106,000 answers show up in 0.37 seconds (actual numbers for "EasyStar hinge glue").

I just don't get it. There's at least one HUGE EasyStar thread here; why not ask there instead of starting ANOTHER new thread?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Don't insult the newbies C4H10, they don't know any better :P
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
Look at the list of threads the guy has posted. Most of them are incredibly basic questions, and in the last one he was just outright rude to another long-standing RCG member. That one certainly blew up in his face.

This has all been explained to him multiple times and he doesn't seem to listen.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:39 PM View Post
easystarfpv4
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Alright, that's not tolerated here and will only get you banned. I don't know if you're just an immature kid or trying to piss people off.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:56 PM View Post
easystarfpv4
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
Edited to reflect further situation development.
Last edited by C₄H₁₀; Jul 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:35 PM View Post
easystarfpv4
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
USA, VA, Spotsylvania
Joined Jan 2011
3,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystarfpv4 View Post
Most definitely.
Dude, seriously? He knows his stuff. listen to him. If you can't listen to people, they're gonna give you crap. fact of life.
Stop being lazy and do some research. Stop being an arsehat like so many people on the internet. It's not worth your while to to all this. the point of this hobby is to learn and enjoy yourself, not make life for yourself and everyone else difficult.
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Aug 2009
12,371 Posts
EL, don't waste your time with this one. These tend to pop up occasionally. Someone will seem like a reasonable user, maybe a bit on the edge, and then they go nuclear and usually disappear soon after.

Textbook case right here
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:36 PM View Post
easystarfpv4
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:45 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,395 Posts
I'll go on a limb and say YES epoxy is good for hinges!

No it is not a good glue for hinges, but epoxy itself can make a nice hinge. When set between two pieces of glass and allowed to cure in a thin enough spread it makes a flexible yet durable hinge. Once cured, cut to rectangular hinge shape, make a few holes on either side for whatever glue you use to keep the hinges on the weep down into.

For a hinge I usually use blenderm tape. When I use a nylon hinge I use the same CA I use on the plane. Usually I use CA hinges, if not and they are actual nylon hinges I'll use thick CA (foam safe for foam).

Typo edits:
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:55 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts

bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky