HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
4,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder View Post
Man did she rock this weekend !!! She launched even with some of the best planes available and higher than many. She flies like a dream ! I did not so well purely due to me and nothing to do with the plane!!

Paul
I will attest as a witness, Paul's Firefly can really get up there on launches.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
582 Posts
I flew with Paul and Tbird at the Atlanta Punkin Chunk. The Firefly really does launch to the stars. I have canceled my order for a Blaster 3 to go with Paul's Firefly. Of course I reserve the right to try to design something myself to whip his butt Not likely to happen though.
Ken L
Ken Lilja is offline Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hey was that a Thermal ????
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
I flew with Paul and Tbird at the Atlanta Punkin Chunk. The Firefly really does launch to the stars. I have canceled my order for a Blaster 3 to go with Paul's Firefly. Of course I reserve the right to try to design something myself to whip his butt Not likely to happen though.
Ken L
I really appreciate the kind words. It has been a long toad but this plane really is something special. I hope I can learn to fly better so I can do her justice.

Ken don't start designing it's a recipe for sleepless nights, hair loss, and just ole fashion insanity !!!!
The_Builder is offline Find More Posts by The_Builder
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
582 Posts
Quote:
Ken don't start designing it's a recipe for sleepless nights, hair loss, and just ole fashion insanity !!!!
Got those covered. Been there, done that and have the straight jacket.
Ken L
Ken Lilja is offline Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,275 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
Got those covered. Been there, done that and have the straight jacket.
Ken L
You're all set. You have all the tools necessary, you might as well have at it

"The other" Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
Chesty
Reedy Creek, Qld, Australia.
Joined May 2003
373 Posts
How much are your Gliders Builder ?
What's the wait time ?
ClimaxPilot is offline Find More Posts by ClimaxPilot
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
FireFly Maiden...Complete!

Yaaaay!! I finally got to maiden the FireFly - it was a beautiful, cold (very, very cold) Sunday so after losing the kids, I gave a mate a ring who's a bit of a pro at these DLG things and trekked on out.

As it turns out, he gave some of his mates a ring who also turned up with a Blaster 3 and a TopSky Disser....so much for a low key maiden, it made me nervous as %^$W!!! Anyway we ended up with a fly-off between the Topsky, Firefly, Blaster and a custom Stobel Mark had brought with him.

I'll post the proper flight review later as the guys have promised to email me their input so it's as independent a review as possible. We swapped my How-High altimeter between the FF, Blaster and TopSky and tested our top pilot on his launches. One thing I will say is that the FF launch is stratospheric in the hands of Mark (see the photo, but it's even higher than it looks as he's launching from the valley/dell to the right due to road/wind direction).

Cheers Paul - cracking little DLG and just right for me as you said it would be! Love it. This is a keeper
quincross is offline Find More Posts by quincross
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
I am so thrilled you like her. Now you have to give her a proper name. It is a real thrill to know folks like you are enjoying what I build!!!!

Paul
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Quote:
I am so thrilled you like her. Now you have to give her a proper name. It is a real thrill to know folks like you are enjoying what I build!!!!

Paul
Yeah mate - love it - the whistle especially (I think it's the push rods). Congrats on the design - clearly hard work pays off!

Yeah a name....mmmm....

Toying wth calling the FF......... "Geoff"......or some other name that's clearly got a full facial beard and wears work boots, as the FF really is that different from anything else I've flown in the "thermal" scene
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincross View Post
Yeah mate - love it - the whistle especially (I think it's the push rods). Congrats on the design - clearly hard work pays off!

Yeah a name....mmmm....

Toying wth calling the FF......... "Geoff"......or some other name that's clearly got a full facial beard and wears work boots, as the FF really is that different from anything else I've flown in the "thermal" scene

In that case call it Jane. His a character from Serenity and FireFly. Look for a little USB drive to come in the mail.....

Paul
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Apr 2003
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimaxPilot View Post
How much are your Gliders Builder ?
What's the wait time ?
Paul,

do you have a price range on the Firefly? Is there an expected release for production?

Thanks, Mark
buzzfly is offline Find More Posts by buzzfly
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
192 Posts
I don't know if Paul has any slots left but look here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1762344

Ron R.
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Nov 2009
2,448 Posts
Mark, I will do the end of season deal but there is no way I can have it out by Wed..... Right now I am about 2 weeks on shipping orders. If it is going outside the US add another $15 for shipping.

Paul
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
SoCal
Joined May 2006
192 Posts
If Paul could have one out by Wednesday, I would have gotten mine long ago.

As it is I'm still waiting patiently by my mailbox for mine.

Ron R.
rrunyan is offline Find More Posts by rrunyan
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Joined Dec 2007
254 Posts
Quote:
In that case call it Jane. His a character from Serenity and FireFly. Look for a little USB drive to come in the mail.....

Paul
I was only joshing with naming my FF "Geoff" - but you know what I mean, it's such a no nonsense, untemperamental plane - it just "get's on with it" - so it really does deserve a man's name

Will keep my eye on the mail and choose accordingly - cheers mate, I owe you