SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined May 2010
64 Posts
Discussion
I Love my Pusher Jet!

I finally built a successful pusher jet and can't stop flying it. I had always been into the 3D and slow flying planes since beginning the hobby, and had tried unsuccessfully before to build a pusher jet. . I built it from one piece of blue fan fold from lowes, and there's only about 25 bucks of electronics in it, not including the transmitter and receiver of course. These little stick mount motors from HK are great. I really enjoy the sound and speed of this jet. I'll think I'll call it the Green Demon. It's my own design that I just drew out on the foam after looking at several google images of RC jets.
Super Fast RC Foam Jet (Maiden Flight) (4 min 50 sec)
DJFishinman is offline Find More Posts by DJFishinman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
ExPat
Spain, Murcia, Mazarrón
Joined Apr 2010
1,600 Posts
Hey DJ

Congratulations your Green Demon Jet, it looks good and flies great, you must be very pleased..
Enjoyed the video, many thanks for sharing, cheers
Andy
Aero Andy is offline Find More Posts by Aero Andy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aero Andy; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:41 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,085 Posts
DJ, how do you manage with massive tailerons like that ? Is it 'expo' off the scale and 10% rates. Looks like it goes really well, I might try something similar but don't think I could cope with half the wing moving
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined May 2010
64 Posts
Hey, and thanks for commenting! ..those tail surfaces are big, but I can always take some off...it's harder to add more later. ....26% rates and expo set at 70%...It will turn quickly and you still have to be gentle on the sticks. I ended up cutting some off of the part directly behind the plane, but left more out on the edges...and it really seems good to me now...of course, I really don't have much experience with jets to compare it with anything else.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2010
64 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the video and thanks for commenting!