Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:38 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
169 Posts
Discussion
Making the most of the weather

Finally we had the crap weather during the week, and the fine stuff on the weekend. Saturday and Sunday were top fun at Swan Hill Model Aero Club.

I've got the week off now, so planning another big afternoon on Wednesday in amongst some rainy days around the Mallee.

Saturday saw four members out there in calm but overcast weather: I flew my new TWM T-34 Mentor with the Thunder Tiger 47 Pro, the Black Horse Eagle 40 with a OS 46la, the FMS 1400mm Corsair, and the trusty SE5a, which has gotta be past 100 flights now.

Hints flew his Phoenix Models PC-9 40-size, with an OS46AX, Todd had his Boomerang 60, and ran his new engine in the Black Horse Twister that might maiden next week.

Scott, our el Presidente, flew his big Stik with its 35cc petrol engine and his FMS P-51 1400mm warbird.

Fantastic day - and we didn't pack up until after dark.

Sunday was a bit breezy but still Hints, Todd and I flew most of the afternoon with the same models.

Hoping the weather stays predictable for Robinvale's fun fly on August 18-19 - looks like a few of us will be up there.

Aiming to finally maiden the Sea Fury - some minor issues with the retracts and engine tuning - raining today so not likely to make any progress on the latter.

Stay tuned for some flying video from the field over the next few weeks...
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts