SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
168 Posts
Discussion
Flying field "No fly zone" blues

This past week a group of guys from different states were shut out of our belove flying field due to zoning issues. This has been a flying site for over 15 years and have never had a complaint uptil now! I as a pilot enjoy flying I like being in control and I like seeing and talking with the other pilots. I feel as if I've been stripped of a rite to breath or something. The weather is fine blue sun filled skys and no flying. I think that land should be set aside for such activities. Not only is this hobby educational! But it's also a social hobby. Some people belong to local VFW's and Italian American club polish club. Gun clubs, fantasy leagues and so on and so on. The point I'm trying to make is how fast things can change! How quickly a smile can turn to a frown. I feel like it's winter time and I should be building a plane or tweaking it for some in-door fun. This no fly zone is also hurting a local hobbyshop. The owner of this shop is up in arms over this lock-out. Not only is it hurting the season but his business. He not only runs his shop but he also runs the field. He maintains the grass,trash and food being sold support issues. He is the all around guy. What can be done? Is this the beginning of the end? Has anyone out here had similar issues with being lock- out? I'd like to hear from readers on this issue! Thank you for reading these blogs.
Jyester is online now Find More Posts by Jyester
to remove ads between posts