Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:49 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Discussion
RIP micro stryker

So after several fun flights and close calls I brought the Micro Stryker inside and put it on the counter. Well I wasnt paying attention and I set it next to a candle and a few minutes later all was toast.

Does anybody know of any airframes that the servos/motor/esc board will fit into?
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Well Traveled Glue
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:33 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,856 Posts
I would put a piece of thin balsa under it and trace the contour of the melted part, then glue it on and make a balsa elevon. should still fly well.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tamiya FJ Cruiser Review
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,071 Posts
"ehh" .Cut it clean glue in a peice of foam sand it to shape with 80 grit few bits of filament tape to strengten the join new elevon out of balsa on both wings and fly it like you stole it
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr View Post
I would put a piece of thin balsa under it and trace the contour of the melted part, then glue it on and make a balsa elevon. should still fly well.
Well to be fair, the frame is more glue then foam I get bored and fly wayyy to close to the edges.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Why not just get a new airframe for $30....
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
its about $52 for everything i need. But for that I can build a much larger wing or a different kinda plane to fly. I love the stryker but I keep getting myself into trouble with it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joe_Crash
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
424 Posts
Can't help with the mini Stryker, but I sure feel your pain about the Jeep. I have gone through 3 axles - and two drive shafts. I love the way the CJ5 looks though - never thought it'd be a "classic", lol. I put all the abuse on my drive train driving the beaches down in North Carolina on the Outer Banks. It doesn't look it from the road, but you can drive like 40 miles on the beach down there! (Obviously fishing is my other addiction. The 1st involves glue, foam, tape and lipo's. )
That fire is out of control! Those were started by lightning, if I heard correctly, not like the huge wildfire in CA a year or two back by arsonists right?
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Oct 2008
4,046 Posts
the fire in fort collins was started by lightning, but it was a clear day when ours started. I know because I was a mountain over hiking when it started.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:29 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,405 Posts
pmpjohn is developing some pusher jets custom designed for use with teh stryker guts. Send him a PM.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320