HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 10:39 AM
Gaui X3, Diatone 250 Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,627 Posts
Mini-Review
Realflight 6 Mini-Review

Realflight 6 is the newest and best way to learn RC. With everything from the reset/rewind feature, which allows you to fly again with a push of a button or rewind to an exact moment in the last flight to see what went wrong and fix it, to the high quality graphics and unbelievable realism.

The transmitter is designed off of Futaba's very popular 6EX 2.4GHz transmitter, with of course some added channels. The transmitter has some true feel to it. It really does feel like a real transmitter! In the front, on the bottom of the transmitter, there are 4 easy things to get you flying again. The reset/rewind button, menu/select button, cancel button, and arrows for scrolling the menus.
Another cool feature on the Interlink Elite controller is that it has digital trims. Unlike models from RealFlight G3.5, etc. the trims are unable to be jacked with, so you don't need to worry about the trims being messed up every time you go to fly. This is one feature many people seem to take for granted. The heli transmitter comes with the know moved to the front and T-Hold switch where it would be in a true heli transmitter. Also, the simulator comes with a cord or 2 to plug in and use your own transmitter. Compatible with many brands like Spektrum, Fuataba, and JR. I have noticed however it is tricky to get the Dx6i to work with more than the main 4 channels.
Along with using your own transmitter, you can play Multimode
so you can fly with a friend on the SAME computer! Speaking of multiplayer, there is also online multiplayer, so you can fly with people around the world! There are over 15 different modes, including combat with paintball, rockets, guns, and streamers! Others include Photofield Fun Fly and Fun Fly (No weapons).
With this simulator, you can be a pro in no time!
Now for when I tell my story.

I got Realflight 6 on Saturday, June 9, 2012 after only a couple of days! I have been practicing every day, for at least 4 hours. AT LEAST. I will tell you now, I haven't improved one bit. Just kidding, I have gotten SO much better at everything. 3D with helis, including inverted, nose in (and sideways and back) inverted, tic tocs, and many more things. In addition, I have also improved greatly on airplanes, as I can now do rolling circles, harriers, torque rolls, blenders, inverted, knife edge, straight and level, hovering, 4-point roll, land with one wing, snap rolls, hovering until it runs out of A.) battery or B.) gas, flat spins, inverted flat spins, and more! Definitly impressed!

Down sides:
-A lot of the big planes were VERY floaty
Many of the big gas and electric planes were extremely and unrealistically light. After hours of adjusting them, you can get them to be just right.
-Many airplanes came with very little throws.
Pretty easy fix, but most of them are like this.
-Many just don't fly right.
A lot of the planes on the simulator either A.) had too much power; or B.) had too little. This is an easy but unrealistic fix, but I am very annoyed that I have to do that.
-The physics are fine in some planes and helis, but others aren't.
For example, the Flatout Foamies from Electrifly, etc. were unbelievably touchy. They also don't break in a crash, especially since they are depron! They only shatter in water... ask me how I know that.

Other than those things, it's great!

Overall, 4.99999999999 of 5 stars.

Full star review:

Quality: *****
Price: ****.5
Graphics: *****
Realism: ****.5
Planes: ****.25
Helis: *****
Fun: *****
Combat: *****
Multiplayer: ******
Usefulness: *****
Addicting: ***** (watch out)
Helpfulness: *****

REQUIRES: Minimum Recommended System:
(Note: Some graphical features may be disabled. Aerodynamic calculations will remain high-quality)

Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Local administrator access required)
Intel Pentium 1.0GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
5 GB Hard Drive Space
DVD Drive
3D Accelerated Video with: 32 MB Dedicated Video Memory
Full Windows DirectX 9 compliant (Shader Model 2.0 or better

Optimal System:
For best graphical performance
Dual Core 2.4GHz CPU
2 GB RAM
3D Accelerated Video with: 512 MB dedicated video memory
Pixel Shader 3.0 support

Results may vary. It is not Great Plane's or Knife Edge's fault if you get hurt when playing combat.
BladeScraper is offline Find More Posts by BladeScraper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Nice review but your star rating is misleading for instance when you give planes the Stars are you saying its 4.25 stars or 2.5 stars hard to tell
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
I see 4 stars, and a .25. I'd say that's 4.25 stars.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Excellente
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:38 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
Excellent might have to pick up a copy
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,627 Posts
!