HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:41 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,977 Posts
Rave
HobbyKing 24 Hour Service

Bought a SCT from Hobbyking. Order has gone through packing and was to be shipped in a couple hours from USA warehouse.

15minutes ago - noticed an item NOW in stock that I really wanted yet couldn't afford with money spent on sct. Never used HK 24hr Support Centre so decided to attempt to cancel my order and credit funds.

Cheryl was polite and immediate in filling my request to cancel processed order. awaiting warehouse confirmation and credited funds... not sure if it would happen same way again, but for me in this situation, I had excellent HK customer service.
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:20 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I've had nothing but great interaction with HK support. Have switched items in orders, laat minute changes etc with helpful customer service. Only downside of switching orders for a credit is the shipping cost gets added to the credit and you cannot use that toward the new shipping. So if it was $200 + $50 shipping you will get $250 credited and have to spend credits on items only...then spend whatecer the shipping cost is with yourn credit card.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:50 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,672 Posts
Glad you guys had a good experience.
KE Spin is online now Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; Jul 14, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:37 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,754 Posts
I don't have much faith in HK's service but even blind squirrels find a nut every now and then so I'm sure they have some happy buyers. I only order from them when I have to and only order what I can afford to loose as it is a crap shoot.
I too don't agree with having to pay to ship something back that is DOA or an Out Of Box Failure but that's the way most of the Chicom's operate.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jul 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
United States, CT
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
Hobbyking customer support is the worst ever!
A couple of months ago I ordered dozens of items in a single order. Once it arrived, one battery was missing. I immediately sent them a message to their customer support. I had to wait weeks before someone answered me. They wanted me to take pictures of the box with all the items on a scale. After weeks they asked me to take pictures of the single ITEMS!!!
I mean..after months do they really expect me to keep all the items inside their boxes?? Once I bought them am I suppose to use them or waiting months for this parody of a custormer support???
They are funnier than clowns!

I will never buy again from them. the only items I really need to buy at this point are batteries, because the planes from company like hk and nitroplanes or banana hobby suck! I'll buy my battery from nitroplanes from now on.
overip is offline Find More Posts by overip
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
604 Posts
Without using the search function and if I were a betting man, I'd say the odds are strongly against the satisfaction rating of HK.
Doubledog is online now Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Jul 15, 2012, 05:02 PM
Garden City KS
Joined Jul 2004
83 Posts
I've had issues with the HK service from china but it did get worked out in48 hours which I not that bad. Sounds like HK in the USA are taking care of there customers! Good to hear!!
Opus44 is offline Find More Posts by Opus44
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
3,685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overip View Post
Hobbyking customer support is the worst ever!
A couple of months ago I ordered dozens of items in a single order. Once it arrived, one battery was missing. I immediately sent them a message to their customer support. I had to wait weeks before someone answered me. They wanted me to take pictures of the box with all the items on a scale. After weeks they asked me to take pictures of the single ITEMS!!!
I mean..after months do they really expect me to keep all the items inside their boxes?? Once I bought them am I suppose to use them or waiting months for this parody of a custormer support???
They are funnier than clowns!

I will never buy again from them. the only items I really need to buy at this point are batteries, because the planes from company like hk and nitroplanes or banana hobby suck! I'll buy my battery from nitroplanes from now on.
Have you checked out the new durafly line over at hobbyking? Or even skyangel which they are carrying? durafly is fantastic. The t-28 is hands down better than the eflite/horizon t28 and its a fraction of the cost. Oh and it comes with retracts, leds and flaps. They are good for more than just lipos these days
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined May 2011
7 Posts
I too had great support on the HK 24 hour support line

I also had great support from Hobby King Support line. I try to mostly order only from the USA warehouse. Very quick shipping. Hobby king appears to be getting more and more stuff at their USA warehouse.
pat.curtin is online now Find More Posts by pat.curtin
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:36 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,766 Posts
I've done their online chat, email, etc...

online chat has never been more than 5 mins wait, and email has been no more than 1 day response.

The longest I've had to wait was for a missing windshield on a cub, but even that was resolved.

I've always had great support from them, so can't complain.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member