SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Alert
PHOTOS ADDED! July 20-22 Quebec Canada / New York - Les Arpents V'air Aerotow 2012

Les Arpents V'air Quebec Aerotow 2012
Chemin De La Grande Ligne
Lacolle, Quebec J0J 1J0

Registration here: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/event-de...tion.php?id=36

This is a great group of people and a spectacular, huge flying site of sod and open farmland for miles. A perfect combination for a memorable scale soaring weekend!

Food each day, Saturday night banquet, extensive raffle and gifts for the pilots. The group in Lacolle does it right. Please support their event and help grow scale soaring.

It is literally less than 2 miles over the USA / Canada line and easily accessible from the NY Northway.

Thanks!

Steve
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Last edited by SPasierb; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
119 Posts
Hi
I would like to invite you to our 2nd annual aerotowing event.This year looks
like we will have again a great success as we are ready to make your visit
a memorable one.
Many towplanes for all size of gliders,great food,nice prizes,huge flying field
and great people.
I hope to have the pleasure to shake your hand and see that everyone are
having tons of fun that weekend.
See you soon
Daniel
President club Les Arpents V'Air
Lacolle,Qc ,Canada
Discusdan1 is offline Find More Posts by Discusdan1
Old Jul 17, 2012, 08:10 AM
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Dan posted this pilot's area diagram over at RCAeroTowing.com. Thought I'd share it here. What he does not show is there is about a mile of grass at either end of the runway and several hundred acres of farmland surrounding. Got thermals?

Forecast is for 78 degrees, low humidity, and sunshine. Should be a spectacular soaring weekend.

Bliss!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Pictures on the way. I'll post some winners here. The gang flew on Thursday, Friday went until 6:45. We're rolling out to the field now. Spectacular lift both days. The local club members are posting tons of photos and a couple videos starting at post #66 at the link below.

http://www.rcaerotowing.com/forum/sh...ll=1#post12984
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Sharing a few photos from the event. There are literally several hundred more from the local club members over at RCAeroTowing.com in the discussion forums, events section. You'll see the Quebec thread.

This is just a FANTASTIC venue to fly scale sailplanes. Perhaps one the the very best in this part of North America. Hundreds and hundreds of acres of sod surrounded by farm fields.

The club members went all out to welcome their guests. We lucked out with four phenomenal of blue skies, big puffy clouds and STUPID HUGE LIFT.

First up some shots of the place and the people...
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
A very nice collection of tow planes and sailplanes all four days (The "pre day" on Thursday had great conditions too).

It was another fun trip to Quebec. Can't wait for the next time...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
Photos and story from the 2012 Quebec Aerotow are in the September issue of RC Soaring Digest.

Quebec article starts on page 33...

http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/pdfs/...SD-2012-09.pdf
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
119 Posts
Steve once again made a beautiful job here.Great !
Thanks Steve and to RcAerotowing.com for this great success.
Daniel
Discusdan1 is offline Find More Posts by Discusdan1
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
266 Posts
Steve! Thank you very much,great job,beautiful country and farmland.Looks like you Chaps had a Ball! Paul
dufek paul is online now Find More Posts by dufek paul