HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Jul 2012
68 Posts
Discussion
CA glue

What is the popular choice for some CA glue? I need to glue my propeller cone back on my Firebird Stratos, had a very small incident lol

On a side note, had a great day flying today. Had to pack up and go home earlier than I wanted though, wind got up too much for a rookie like me.

thanks in advance,
Josh
JBFlyer85 is offline Find More Posts by JBFlyer85
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
Glue

CA glue? All kinds and brands. I would suggest you choose one brand that offers a lot of choices. Get a slow dryer, a medium, activator, and a really fast one. Before working with these glues I would suggest you go to your Local drug store and get a box or two of rubber gloves. I glued my thumb and forefinger together and if I had not had DEBONDER (get that also) I would have been in deep poop.
For things you NEVER want to come apart use EPOXY. For things you might need to get off at some poing in time use CA.
For example; On my A-10 warthog I used Epoxy for the attachment of the ducted fan module. for the rudders I used CA as they will at some point in time get broken use CA.
Are you getting the picture?
If you are flying foam planes be sure they are FOAM SAFE.

If you have a question ask it here. No one is going to laugh at you so don't worry if it might sound dumb. That is the purpose of this forum; to help others.

GOOD LUCK
Once you get into this U will ge hook and you are going to have a hell of a lot of FUN.
winggunner46 is offline Find More Posts by winggunner46
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
For glueing on spinners I usually use 5min epoxy, but medium CA works too. Be careful to use it sparingly, its not cheap. While you are at it get a bottle of kicker, you will want it. Just use a few dots of glue, make sure its straight, and give it a few sprays of kicker (CA accelerant)
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
68 Posts
Thanks WingGunner I'm afraid I'm already hooked lol. I'm having a blast with this plane. I was disappointed I had to pack up and head home because the wind got to much.

The propeller cone is foam but having to glue it to a plastice propeller.
I have read that Gorilla glue is popular with some foam plane flyers as it is foam safe. any thoughts?

Any other suggestions for foam safe CA glue?

thanks again,
Josh
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jul 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
For glueing on spinners I usually use 5min epoxy, but medium CA works too. Be careful to use it sparingly, its not cheap. While you are at it get a bottle of kicker, you will want it. Just use a few dots of glue, make sure its straight, and give it a few sprays of kicker (CA accelerant)
Thanks for the help and suggestion RCAddict
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,263 Posts
I like the two part epoxy...
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2010
93 Posts
Good advice

all the above are good advice. I have no experience with Ape Glue, but hear good things about it.

Hang in there and GET ANOTHER PLANE so you can continue to fly if U crash one. AND you will crash, we all do. LOL
winggunner46 is offline Find More Posts by winggunner46
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:33 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Gorilla glue does work fine. I don't know if you have used it before, but you put a little bit on one side of what you are going to glue, spray water one it, then mix it around. When the excess glue comes out of the two halves of what you are glueing, wipe it off with a paper towel. Gorilla glue does foam quite a bit, so check on it every now and then to wipe away the excess. As for the water trick- GG is water activated, so you will be wating for hours for it to dry if you don't do that. Hope this helps!
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)