HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mandevil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jun 2011
114 Posts
Discussion
Bixler repaired

Today, after more than month my Bixler has flown again.

The repair consisted of gluing back the broken horizontal stabilizer, gluing broken elevator into one piece, gluing together the nose and gluing it back to fuselage. I decided to hinge torn ailerons and elevator with proper hinges. I used 1128 mm plastic hinges, three per aileron, four on elevator. I made slots with Excel knife and glued the hinges in with CA glue (which is BAD idea, it allows essentially no time to work). Hinged surfaces work beautifully -- much easier movements than with original attachment and also the servo chatter is no more. All electronics seems to be working OK (ESC needed soldering of snapped lead). Here is a gallery with some captioned photo documentation.

The repaired plane itself.
mandevil is offline Find More Posts by mandevil
to remove ads between posts