HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by thomanie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 09:02 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
Discussion
Corona catching up FASST

Corona RC has apparently been catching up fast on their 2.4G FASST compatible lineup lately. Sadly the Corona webpages are lacking info on most of this lineup.

Their latest addition is the R14FA is a 14ch FASST compatible rx. With a street price well below 40 USD, or less than 1/5th of the similarly spec'ed brand name rx, this looks very interesting for anyone looking for a 14ch FASST compatible receiver. To my knowledge this is the first true 14ch FASST compatible rx. Earlier the only option was to pair up 2 of the FrSky/OrangeRX 8 channel FASST compatible receviers to get 14ch reception. With the R14FA selling for about the same as the 8ch FrSky, the 14ch reception price was just cut in half!

Corona also has a 4ch R4FA, a 6ch R6FA, an 8ch R8FA. The R4FA and R6FA are apparently compatible with FASST surface radios too. Pricing is - not surpisingly - very close to the similar FrSky lineup. As the competition is turning up the heat, I wouldn't be surprised if we soon also see FrSky releasing a 14ch FASST compatible rx. And speaking of FrSky FASST compatible rx'es - it seems FrSky is releasing an end-pin version of their TFR6, the TFR6-A.

I haven't tried any of Coronas FASST compatible rx'es - at least not yet - so I cannot comment on their ability and reliability. The FrSkys have been rock solid, so if the Corona lineup are anything like the FrSkys they will also be excellent value!

*Disclaimer: I don't have any affiliation with neither FrSky or Corona - just a blogging end user of some of their products.
thomanie is online now Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by thomanie; Jul 31, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:42 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Using the R14FA and so far so good. The only problem is that using the instructions I cannot get the RX to go into the HS mode.

If anyone knows a new procedure to do this let me know.

Otherwise this seems as solid as my Futaba recievers which so far have been perfect.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb