HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by healthyfatboy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,088 Posts
Trader Rating: 258
Sold
Custom Steel Tonka Body for FPV Summit

I made this for my Summit to do FPV as a spare body but there's no need for me to have two. It's basically plug and play ready for your Summit to get it up and running without video gear. The camera housing was made for a GoPro HD Hero 2 but could easily be modified to fit the original HD Hero.
It fits in place of the stock body posts in the same location and is a quick change from the stock body if you want to go back and forth. Just be sure to add preload to the springs as this body is heavier than stock.
Save yourself the hassle of having to square out the holes for the body posts and doing all the cutting and trimming of the steel and plastic to make it fit just right over the Summit.

$100 shipped in the CONUS.

If you want the GI Joe that goes along with it, add another $20.
healthyfatboy is offline Find More Posts by healthyfatboy
Last edited by healthyfatboy; Jul 08, 2012 at 07:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2012, 06:00 PM
USA, OH, Cleveland
Joined Apr 2010
150 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
What would have to be modified on the mount to make it work with a first generation GoPro?
SnarkyMcSnarkson is offline Find More Posts by SnarkyMcSnarkson
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,088 Posts
The cut for the AV out would need to be made in the box on the bottom half as opposed to the top half for the HD Hero 2.
PM Sent.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2,088 Posts
Sold! Thanks RCG!
Closed Thread