HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:51 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil aus View Post
What instruments did you use Kjell when you plotted out the wiggle ?
I am using a 3D CAD program.
I am always building my invents in the 3D Cad program before I try to build prototype.
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:19 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Help required.

Hey everyone, i havent been on this forum for quite a while - good to see all the progress that has been made by everyone!

I am hoping i can get a mechanism like the one that is developing in this forum, made to operate in water - similar to "Lil_Aus - swashdrive boat" If anyone can make me the driving mechanism, so i can attach the motor. It can either be scaled model, or otherwise i can give you rough dimensions.

It can be basic, far from perfect and i am not too fussy. Its just something to work with.

I am happy for you to set the price of how much it will cost.

I am in Melbourne, Australia - i can send money, plus money for post.

Im pretty desperate! If anyone has any similar mechanism lying about let me know happy to pay for anything really.

My names Josh by the way.

Thanks guys.
SudorracMechEng is offline Find More Posts by SudorracMechEng
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:59 PM
Mad on everything Swash
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudorracMechEng View Post
Hey everyone, i havent been on this forum for quite a while - good to see all the progress that has been made by everyone!

I am hoping i can get a mechanism like the one that is developing in this forum, made to operate in water - similar to "Lil_Aus - swashdrive boat" If anyone can make me the driving mechanism, so i can attach the motor. It can either be scaled model, or otherwise i can give you rough dimensions.

It can be basic, far from perfect and i am not too fussy. Its just something to work with.

Im pretty desperate! If anyone has any similar mechanism lying about let me know happy to pay for anything really.

Thanks guys.
Thanks for the offer Josh, but i can't help you at this time, maybe someone else can.
None of my prototypes are for sale, most are destroyed being turned into the next variant anyway. But i may produce a sellable item in about 12 to 24 months in 1/4 scale which will handle around 600 watt motor....maybe ?
Maybe Kjell can help, he is the only other person i know experimenting with fins in water
Lil aus is offline Find More Posts by Lil aus
Last edited by Lil aus; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Help Required.

Thats okay, i thought it may be asking for a little too much thats why i was willing to be generous on the amount i would pay. I needed it within the next two weeks - i thought if someone had the skill and the equipment would be an easy bit of money to be made. Thanks anyway! I might have to try and find some drawings or something, that i can send of to some friends to get machined perhaps. Not sure which bearing to use for the high loads in water.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:40 AM
Kjell Dahlberg
Mallorca Spain
Joined Nov 2005
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudorracMechEng View Post

Thanks guys.
Hi Josh.
I have bee experimenting with occilating marine propulsión for many years. In this moment I am connected to UIB (University of the Balearic Island's) investigation in occilating marine propulsión.Let me know what you need and maybee we can help you.
kjellgood@gmail.com
KJELL is offline Find More Posts by KJELL
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:15 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil aus View Post
Thanks for the offer Josh, but i can't help you at this time, maybe someone else can.
None of my prototypes are for sale, most are destroyed being turned into the next variant anyway. But i may produce a sellable item in about 12 to 24 months in 1/4 scale which will handle around 600 watt motor....maybe ?
Maybe Kjell can help, he is the only other person i know experimenting with fins in water
Hey mate, what type of bearings did you use in that system?
Do you have any drawings of the set up? or dimensions?

thanks!