SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Help!
Build plans using E-Flight UMX Hyper Taxi parts

I made the mistake of buying a UMX Hyper Taxi. I made quick work out of completely destroying the airframe and do not want another one as I know it would suffer the same fate. I' m an average pilot (at best) and this contraption whipped me without mercy!

I would like to salvage the Taxi and take as much advantage of the UMX, electronics, motor, servos etc.. as possible. Could anyone suggest a micro foamy w/ plans or any other fun, durable scratch build using these Hyper Taxi goods?

Plans, feedback or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
dont750ss is offline Find More Posts by dont750ss
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:10 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont750ss View Post
I made the mistake of buying a UMX Hyper Taxi. I made quick work out of completely destroying the airframe and do not want another one as I know it would suffer the same fate. I' m an average pilot (at best) and this contraption whipped me without mercy!

I would like to salvage the Taxi and take as much advantage of the UMX, electronics, motor, servos etc.. as possible. Could anyone suggest a micro foamy w/ plans or any other fun, durable scratch build using these Hyper Taxi goods?

Plans, feedback or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Well, you cannot use that receiver in a typical airplane setup.... So, either you build another aircraft like the Taxi (there's at least one design floating around), or you're the first one trying to build a wing with that hardware (I think that would be the only other possibility...).

Your best bet maybe to try to trade your receiver for an AS3X airplane receiver. (Somebody who has scrapped a Beast, Bee Gee, etc, but want to get into something funky like the Taxi rather than building another airplane). Not sure if selling it would be an option since there may not be much demand on it.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jul 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Check this post

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=482

It's from the hyper taxi thread.

Actually, you should post in the thread itself.

Just do a search on hyper taxi.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug