Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:02 AM
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Help!
Build plans using E-Flight UMX Hyper Taxi parts

I made the mistake of buying a UMX Hyper Taxi. I made quick work out of completely destroying the airframe and do not want another one as I know it would suffer the same fate.

I would like to salvage the Taxi and take as much advantage of the UMX, electronics, motor, servos etc.. as possible. Could anyone suggest a micro foamy w/ plans or any other fun, durable scratch build using these Hyper Taxi goods? This would be my first scratch build so I need pretty thorough instructions.

Plans, feedback or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
dont750ss is offline Find More Posts by dont750ss
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:43 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dont750ss View Post
I made the mistake of buying a UMX Hyper Taxi. I made quick work out of completely destroying the airframe and do not want another one as I know it would suffer the same fate.

I would like to salvage the Taxi and take as much advantage of the UMX, electronics, motor, servos etc.. as possible. Could anyone suggest a micro foamy w/ plans or any other fun, durable scratch build using these Hyper Taxi goods? This would be my first scratch build so I need pretty thorough instructions.

Plans, feedback or any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
You might try asking on the Hyper Taxi thread on the Micro RTF forum.

I can think of a few nice, easy planes, but I know nothing about the electronics in the HT. I'm sure that the HT thread has guys on it who have lready built something around the guts.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Excellent! I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the tip Pete.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,947 Posts

Are you in to wings? You could scale about any wing from 16 to 18''s. I'm having a bit of tail wag at WOT but it does fly great in the wind though.
This is the one I used.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1173701
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Great job on both... I can see you are a detailer! You sparked some interest. Battling wind is always a problem in Dallas so the thought came to mind that anything of the required scale will end up being very flight availability limited. I certainly have an interest in building something to fly rather than repair too.

Is there any noted gain from the UMX? My Taxi ended up being a nothing more than a lawn dart so I'm still left to wonder.

Appreciate the info.. off to buy some foam!

Don