HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:47 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,799 Posts
Discussion
USA police attempt to raid Garge sale in family house in San Hose and .....

USA police attempt to raid Garage sale in a family house in San Jose and are forced to withdraw back to the curb when local knowledgeable citizen on the laws inform them that they are breaking the USA law on the forth amendment .

The USA federal government don't even want you selling you model planes either so it effects you too . They want that if you do a garage sale that you apply for a commercial license . If there is anything you sell that is on the recall list (and that's most everything from China ) the fine is first time $15,000 and the second time $500,000. That sure dents the profits from the garage sale

http://www.infowars.com/police-attem...icked-to-curb/

SJPD attempt to raid our garage sale... they are kicked to the curb! (3 min 54 sec)

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:10 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,422 Posts

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:17 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
I didn't see the 'guns' completely. But if they were airsoft guns without the orange tip, then the cops would have certainly had probable cause to check them out, as they seemed to be visible from the street. The cops 'raided' my brothers house when the neighbors complained of 'assault weapons' being carried around on the woods near his house. The cops inspected the guns, with orange tips installed, and went away shaking their heads. Airsoft guns look so much like the real thing, even someone familiar with firearms have a tough time discernng them from real at a few yards away. In my state, and I assume in CA as well, removing the orange tips in public places will lead to them being confiscated.
thunder1 is online now Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
423 Posts
Not sure being confrontational with the police like that is a good idea unless you are moving to another state the next day. Just say'en.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:57 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Apparently the woman talking made confronting the police her mission in life, based on the conversation "you know me and I know you" etc. And the website.

Can't private citizens can sell their own guns to other private citizens? If so, why can't you sell them in a garage sale?
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Aug 2011
91 Posts
there's several issues here to consider. The girl and the older man claim they did not have probable cause. A complaint from another person provides probable cause. The problem is they had no warrant and the person who lodged the initial report remained annonymous. The officers were going beyond the scope of what they could look at as they were scouring the entire tables in case they saw something questionable. The Police officers were told repeatedly that they were on private property and told to leave immediately. They took their dear sweet time in leaving. The video shows of what did happen but not what could have happened of the property owner asserted their rights under the 4th amendment. Let's be glad cooler heads prevailed.
Peacemakr40 is offline Find More Posts by Peacemakr40