sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:18 PM
France, IdF, Neuilly-sur-Seine
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaakku View Post
Just want to confirm that was able to flash 4 x Plush 25A successfully. Tested with Arcucopter 2.7 & APM2.0.

Start is a bit tricky. Once 1 motor did not start, otherwise motors need to be tricked to start. Once going it works fine.
Rev 6 flashed.
What change did you made in Arducopter 2.7 code ? Did you change min / max throttle ?

@sskaug, is a small firmware planed for multicopter with no configuration and throttle range, like simonk firmware ?
airmamaf is offline Find More Posts by airmamaf
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:27 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmamaf View Post
What change did you made in Arducopter 2.7 code ? Did you change min / max throttle ?

@sskaug, is a small firmware planed for multicopter with no configuration and throttle range, like simonk firmware ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...tcount=58right now you dont need to change any esc settings i dont think only endpoint on the FC. the MULTI style firmware is already setup best for multis.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:25 AM
France, IdF, Neuilly-sur-Seine
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
@sirbow2, I saw you advise to use your firmware (TURNIGY_PLUSH_25A_MULTI_REV5_0.HEX) instead of REV6, is it still true ? I tried my HK Plush 25A with REV6, and after 3/4 throttle, there's a kind of step, e.g. before it's linear and after esc roughly change motor's speed. You know what could be the reason ?
airmamaf is offline Find More Posts by airmamaf
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:32 AM
France
Joined Dec 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
@sirbow2, I saw you advise to use your firmware (TURNIGY_PLUSH_25A_MULTI_REV5_0.HEX) instead of REV6, is it still true ? I tried my HK Plush 25A with REV6, and after 3/4 throttle, there's a kind of step, e.g. before it's linear and after esc roughly change motor's speed. You know what could be the reason ?

Same thing for me on a Plush 25A with rev6 and rev6_test (multi)
Step at 3/4 throttle and step to start
I found that the ESC is warmer compared with the original firmware
A pb of timing ?
excalibur46 is offline Find More Posts by excalibur46
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:14 AM
vpb
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
Hi sirbow2, can't wait to try reflashing my plush 30A, i've checked it recently, it's silab. But now I have to order and wait about 2-3 weeks for the toolstick. Is there a way to flash with USBAVR? I have one from the previous kk board here :-(.

P.S: the hex I go with will be TURNIGY_PLUSH_30A_MULTI_REV6_0.HEX?
Tks!
vpb is offline Find More Posts by vpb
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Dec 2009
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur46 View Post
Same thing for me on a Plush 25A with rev6 and rev6_test (multi)
Step at 3/4 throttle and step to start
I found that the ESC is warmer compared with the original firmware
A pb of timing ?
The plushes have a slow driver that causes the step at full throttle. Read post #50 for more details. Original plush use 8kHz pwm, so the step will be smaller.
Maybe the 20kHz high pwm frequency that is default for BLHeli makes the esc a bit warmer. You could try low pwm frequency. Also the startup of BLHeli uses a stepper mode drive of the motor that consumes a bit of power. I'll look into other start modes that may be better suited for a multirotor application.
sskaug is offline Find More Posts by sskaug
Old Aug 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
Quote:
nope. use the rev6. i made that one rev 5 because there was no rev5 25a hex.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 03:00 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpb View Post
Hi sirbow2, can't wait to try reflashing my plush 30A, i've checked it recently, it's silab. But now I have to order and wait about 2-3 weeks for the toolstick. Is there a way to flash with USBAVR? I have one from the previous kk board here :-(.

P.S: the hex I go with will be TURNIGY_PLUSH_30A_MULTI_REV6_0.HEX?
Tks!
im waiting for some(usbavrs) myself and will get back to ya when i do it. but it is possible. youll need two usbavrs though as you have to put the silprog firmware on the usbavr
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:28 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
Note for all current and future windows 8 users! you must run silprog in windowns xp sp3 compatibility mode or else silprog will crash during programming!

also, in win 8 i am unable to move the window while it is sending the hex to the arduino. no biggie.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:41 PM
vpb
Joined Jun 2012
51 Posts
I can buy some more usbavrs here, as hobby resellers stock so many of them here. Can you give me the instruction and I can... try first?
vpb is offline Find More Posts by vpb
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Dec 2009
360 Posts
Rev6.1 is now posted: https://github.com/bitdump/BLHeli

The changes are:
- Added input signal qualification criteria for PPM, to avoid triggering on noise spikes (fix for plush hardware)
- Changed main and multi mode stop criteria. Will now be in run mode, even if RC pulse input is zero
- Fixed bug in commutation that caused rough running in damped light mode
- Miscellaneous other changes

Cheers,
Steffen
sskaug is offline Find More Posts by sskaug
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:15 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpb View Post
I can buy some more usbavrs here, as hobby resellers stock so many of them here. Can you give me the instruction and I can... try first?
with the current silprog firmware, this is impossible because the usbasps/usbavr use usb to communicate, not serial (flashing is done via serial to the arduino and then to the esc).
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:25 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,292 Posts
How different is the BLHeli firmware and the SimonK firmware?
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:05 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,934 Posts
they have pretty much the same goal, but simonk is simpler (fewer settings) and works better than blheli currently. blheli is pretty close, though, jsut needs some timing issues fixed up (on the plush at least, dont know about other ESCs)