HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,975 Posts
SS
the interrupt activity thing and its solution would probably also solve the issues people had with their quadro esc, as reported by (Jo)Hannes in the above and elsewhere, wouldn't you think so?
OlliW is offline Find More Posts by OlliW
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:30 PM
Germany
Joined May 2011
391 Posts
Which issue?
4712 is offline Find More Posts by 4712
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2009
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
SS
the interrupt activity thing and its solution would probably also solve the issues people had with their quadro esc, as reported by (Jo)Hannes in the above and elsewhere, wouldn't you think so?
The only issue I've seen Jo(Hannes) have was the device erase issue, and that is not related to this.
sskaug is offline Find More Posts by sskaug
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:42 PM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,975 Posts
oh, he hasn't reported the issue here? I should have double checked (I am not talking about the device erase thingy)
somewhere he and others reported that they had short drops during flight, couldn't get rid of it, and hence abandoned flashed quadro esc... sounded similar to the above to me... would have to search for it...

EDIT: zumindestens auf Deutsch
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post259492
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post261869
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined Dec 2009
479 Posts
Quote:
oh, he hasn't reported the issue here? I should have double checked (I am not talking about the device erase thingy)
somewhere he and others reported that they had short drops during flight, couldn't get rid of it, and hence abandoned flashed quadro esc... sounded similar to the above to me... would have to search for it...

EDIT: zumindestens auf Deutsch
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post259492
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...l=1#post261869
Sure sounds like the same thing!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:31 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,975 Posts
what I then don't quite understand is: if this is a high rpm thing and/or an interrupt traffic thing, then why does this occur sometimes with multicopters but not regularly with mCPX main motors?
I mean, multicopter direct drives I considered so far as relatively slow rotating, at least as compared to a main heli motor which needs to be geared down substantially.
Is there some important difference in the code for multi and main or why doesn't this effect affect main motors?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
@sskaug:
Hi !
I am following the progress of your great FW project for sil esc. Currently i am thinking of flashing my skywalker 20 esc (motor roxxy 2827/26) as well. When will your new fixed FW be available? Or are are there save/working settings with your current fw releases for quadrocopters/multicopters?
Cheers
Kraut Rob
Crashpilot1000 is offline Find More Posts by Crashpilot1000
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
479 Posts
Quote:
what I then don't quite understand is: if this is a high rpm thing and/or an interrupt traffic thing, then why does this occur sometimes with multicopters but not regularly with mCPX main motors?
I mean, multicopter direct drives I considered so far as relatively slow rotating, at least as compared to a main heli motor which needs to be geared down substantially.
Is there some important difference in the code for multi and main or why doesn't this effect affect main motors?
I was surprised too that multis run at such high electrical rpms.
First of all, the mcpx main runs low pwm frequency, where the twitches start occurring at around 160k erpm instead of around 140k erpm for the high pwm frequency that is default for multis.
And 160k erpm for a mcpx main is typically (6 pole motor ant 8T pinion) around 6700rpm in headspeed which is more than most people run at .
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Dec 2009
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashpilot1000 View Post
@sskaug:
Hi !
I am following the progress of your great FW project for sil esc. Currently i am thinking of flashing my skywalker 20 esc (motor roxxy 2827/26) as well. When will your new fixed FW be available? Or are are there save/working settings with your current fw releases for quadrocopters/multicopters?
Cheers
Kraut Rob
Hi!
Now that the problem is identified and a solution exists it should be pretty quick to release a new code (rev 9.4). Will probably do it in the weekend.
Thanks,
Steffen
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:02 PM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskaug View Post
Hi!
Now that the problem is identified and a solution exists it should be pretty quick to release a new code (rev 9.4). Will probably do it in the weekend.
Thanks,
Steffen
Awesome. Another huge thanks for your efforts mate!

No pressure though... In your own time

Cheers.
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Hi All,

I'm thinking I may have received some fake skywalker 20A ESCs and I'm hoping someone may be able to identify what the ESC actually is.

Purchased from tomtop_UK here...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayIS...E:L:OC:AU:3160

No anti-counterfeit label as noted here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=10

They have an Atmel Chip! Maybe its a revision??? But I'm guessing not

Genuine Skywalker on the left - Suspect on the right...
(View pics large for detail)

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Soma; Jan 19, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:37 AM
Registered Addict
Bod, Norway
Joined Mar 2007
875 Posts
Soma, Atmel chip? Wouldn't that be better? Would be possible to run SimonK ?
Stigern is online now Find More Posts by Stigern
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:54 AM
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
http://fpv-community.de/showthread.p...r-mit-Atmel-MC

They have been flashed successfully with simonK standard tgy FW.

Cheers
Kraut Rob
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:25 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,715 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it.

That thread you linked to Rob is only 3 days old Well done!

So could this be a new, genuine version of the Skywalker? I think I might email Hobbywing to check. I'm mainly concerned about the reliability/safety of counterfeits.

Its great that they have been successfully flashed with SimonK. Does this mean, once flashed, I can update firmware through the 3 pin plug?

Thanks again!

EDIT just checked Hobbywings site and they list both a 20A and 25A Quattro. Hopefully this new one hase standard 45mm mounts!
http://www.hobbywing.com/productoverview.asp?bigid=14
Anyone have info one 25A one? I can't find anything.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:16 AM
Joined Jul 2012
34 Posts
@Soma:
Thanks!
I am not familiar with flashed esc at all, so i want to begin with blheli . So i have no idea of the simonk/ further procedure.
I think these esc are no plagiates. Sometimes the manufacturer changes the hardwaredesign (cpu etc) without notice (they also did that in the past). That is pessimal for the customer trying to fly a quad with different hardware revision esc sharing the same name. I doubt the esc with different hardware behave exact the same way. They should print on their hardware revision, so you know what you buy/have.
Cheers Kraut Rob