HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SteveSw, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, NY, Bethpage
Joined Nov 2011
94 Posts
Discussion
Mike Midkiff FF Fokker Dr1

Just finished up building one of Iron Mike's designs, the Fokker Dr1.

I had bought his plans and short kit a couple years back and just never got around to building it. Must say that I was very impressed with the quality of the wood and the laser cutting. The parts fit the plans absolutely perfect which is a first for me and makes building much easier than having to fudge things later on.

I used domestic tissue and nitrate dope for covering. I made stencils and airbrushed on the markings.

As we know trimming a triplane is no easy task and I hope I'm up to the challenge. Mike supplied some good tips on setting up the wings so I trust it shouldn't be that bad.
SteveSw is offline Find More Posts by SteveSw
to remove ads between posts