Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Help!
Why does my blade mqx fly like s@#t?!

After several crashes and dorks, my blade mqx flies horribly! At hover or slow forward flight its fine. How ever,, at high throttle it wigs out, starts tik tocking, goes into a wicked cycle of over correction and then crashes.

Reason I am concerned is it takes high throttle to flip or roll the little bugger,, and as of now, al I got is about up to 2/3 throttle before it starts freaking out.
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,344 Posts
Check your motors all spin freely with the same lack of resistance. Make sure all of your blades are tracking nicely, bend them if not. Check the gears. Try a fresh battery.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
After a few crashes, your motors and your props are not as evenly matched as they were when new. As a result, the mini-computer-brain on board the mQx has a much rougher time getting power levels correct at full throttle. When you go full throttle, let's say that one motor is giving the highest level of the four. The other three are close but not spot-on. That means the "high" motor is going to start to cause a flip. The gyro circuit on the mQx is going to try to compensate, but it over-corrects and you get what you've experienced. The above description is for one motor, but if you've got two that provide full power and two that don't, you can really have a handful.

After losing one somewhere in the neighborhood trees, my replacement was very nearly perfectly balanced. It still had some, as you put it, tick-tocking when I went full throttle. My lesson after another out-of-control flight termination from such behavior is no full throttle.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined May 2012
585 Posts
Mine flies just fine only time i ever get what your talking about is at full throttle the fact is its not brush-less thus not as precise...

however check for twisting of the arms I once split mine down the side and it would twist and cause it to go one direction or the other but not as bad as you described They will twist a bit but should not be very easy to do so more then 1/8 turn if you can get more twist and its easy to do so then you prob should replace you arm. its easy and parts are cheap all over ebay
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:51 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Alright,, so i replaced all 4 props and its flying much better. I think 1 or 2 of the arms are cracked though. CA did not fix them, and they do twist just a bit more than the other 2 arms.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
130 Posts
I just want to know what you did to get it to tick-tock. That would be awesome!!
tfmkevin is offline Find More Posts by tfmkevin
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:16 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
It was like a reverse tick tock as if the fulcrum were above and the arcing path of the heli was below. It would swing side to swaying and rocking. All I had to do was give full throttle and it would do it. Now with all 4 new props its much better. But the aftermarket body its got has thrown off the balance.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:21 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Well, I crashed the s#$t out of it again.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topforce View Post
Well, I crashed the s#$t out of it again.
If you don't crash once in a while, you're not flying hard enough
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Jul 29, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined May 2012
585 Posts
Oh ya haha my poor MQX had been to hell and back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
If you don't crash once in a while, you're not flying hard enough
gitit20 is offline Find More Posts by gitit20