HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Alert
Hobby King FREE Item Offer ALERTS!! - ALERTS ONLY!!

Hobby King FREE Item Offer ALERTS!! - ALERTS ONLY!!

*** DRAFT *** (To be updated and edited as required or removed altogether) *** DRAFT ***
(Last Edited November 13th 2012)

The on Online hobby store 'HOBBY KING' from time-to-time offer items for free. AKA 'FREEBIES'

Hi all this is an attempt to create a thread that clear chatter and simply lists Hobby King Freebies as they become available and are post here by you guys.
So with that in mind please read on...

IMPORTANT NOTE: This thread is ONLY for posting a Link to the Freebie and if possible a Picture and short Description of the item.
See Posts #17,18,19 & 24 for examples of how a 'Freebie' post should look similar to.

Please Do Not: Discuss general chats here.
Please Do Not: Discuss what Freebie you scored here.
Please Do Not: Or at least be careful about discussing the price of the freebie - even though it's a freebie Hobby King seem to have a thing about prices being mentioned on open forums! (Note#1)
Please Do Not: Post that a Freebie offer has ended - that just generates a false ALERT flag from this thread.

PLEASE DO Use the original Hobbyking daily free item (with min. purchase) thread linked below for general chatting about Freebies.
"Hobbyking daily free item (with min. purchase)"

How the 'FREEBIES' offer work and what to do to get one:
- Browse around and put between $60-$90 of items in your cart (Note#4)
- Click on 'View Cart' if there is a CURRENT freebie on offer you will get a pop-up informing you what is with a picture, link and normal (inflated?!) retail price
- (Make sure you don't have any sort of 'pop-up' blocker running, if you do add an exception rule for 'hobbyking.com'
- The fact that a freebie is available will also show up up on the main page below where it says 'Welcome Back! Joe Cheap'
- If you get the pop-up, (try to work fast from here!) go to the link it gives by opening it in a new tab and/or add it to your wish list - for temporary safe keeping of the item
- Go to your wish list and add more/other items until your cart total is over $150 - Do NOT add the freebie until the cart is over that $150. (Note#5)
- Go the Webpage of the Freebie and add to your cart by selecting 'Add To Cart' - [EDIT: (Nov 5th 2012) Don't use the Wish List 'BUY NOW', seems that adds the item at full HK cost most times. Use the Webpage that Freebie is listed on and use 'Add To Cart' as just mentioned]
- Go to 'View Cart' and the Freebie item should should up with a value of '$0.00'
- Go to check out ASAP and get payment over done with before the darn 'freebie' goes on backorder, goes to full price or does the magic vanishing trick!

Methods of how get alerts about freebies:

1/ Join alert service 'THE FREEBIE INFORM SERVICE' page made by 'Dmitrius' - I believe there cost of $0.10c per alert attached the service.
I have not used it, but by all reports I've read many people a very happy with it.
(I will soon test this service and report my findings)
1b http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/freebie/ - $0.10 Per Email, $0.20-$0.30 per SMS notification
Any questions regarding the above service contact Dmitry Maltsev <freebiehk@yandex.ru>
2/ Subscribe to the thread "FREEBIES" Thread on Hobby King Forums started by 'Anthony_Hand'
3/ Subscribe to the thread "Hobbyking daily free item (with min. purchase)" on RC Groups started by 'UFly'
4/ Sign up to Hobby King's Twitter and Facebook gizmos (I dunno if they work, as I don't use any of those social media things designed for 15 year old's and people with no live lives or seem have need to share their life with anyone!
5/ Have a look at Post#939 on the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=939
(Use at own risk: I have not tried this method either)
6/(Note #3)

FAQ's (Note#2)
Q: How do get a freebie pop-up to appear?
A: Keep between ~$60-$90 worth of items in you cart +
Must be signed in and view cart +
Do not have pop-up blockers turned on for hobbyking.com

Q: How often do Freebies become available?
A: Dunno. Random!

Q: When are freebies activated?
A: Quote: "When I'm feeling charitable. It costs me dearly to run freebies. - Poor Man Anthony" !!

Q:Which Warehouses do the Freebies come from the most?
A: It appears to be International(Hong Kong), then USA then AUS then EURO.

Q: What time of day do Freebie happen?
A: I've notice normally around 12am-2am Hong Kong time.
(Perhaps when a Mr. Anthony Hand gets home from work, has had a good and few beers and feeling good and generous!!??)

Q: How long does a freebie offer last?
A: Dunno. Minutes to hours!

Q: Does the freebie include free postage?
A: No. You have pay postage via weight/volume like any other item.

Q: Can the Freebie be sent Air Freight rather Epress Mail Service.
A: Normal Air Mail/Package option is available, but depend on total weight/volume of your whole package.

Q: Are the Freebies offered simply excess stock, factory rejects or junk?
A: Sometimes they can be questionable, but 99% of the time they put up some pretty neat, and expensive stuff!

Q: What price range are Freebies normally in?
A: It varies from cheap cart fillers <$20 to large aircraft and motors >$250

Q: Can I order more than one freebie per order?
A: No, only one freebie per order is available due past abuse of the offers.

Q: How long will the Freebies offer be running?
A: If work around abuses of the system continues to be found, who knows - it might end tomorrow. To start with most of us thought it was only going to last until Xmas day 2011! - So maybe it will go to Xmas of 2012 or longer or forever - wow! - If so, i must be a money spinner, that all I can say!

If you have suggestions or updates for this post/thread, please dont post here, rather use links below...
Email me at Fugitive_Bill@whlsites.com or use the original Freebies thread, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535601 I read every few hours.

NOTES

Note #1 - Hobby King do NOT like any of their prices mentioned in open forums! - Prices vary (sometimes greatly) depending on your membership level and the fact that if you are logged on at all. They also seem inflated their 'regular' price to give the allusion of a bigger 'you save' amount!!

Note #2 - I made all the FAQ's up, I don't really know the answers for sure, but I have some idea.

Note #3 - Please PM me or post in the RCG Freebie Thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535601 if you know of any other 'Freebie Alert Systems'.
Personally all I do is just read the two threads on Hobby King Forums and RC Groups Forums regarding the Freebies and check my Hobby King Shopping Cart as often as possible.

Note #4 - I'm uncertain of the exact dollar amount to have in the cart, but I keep it between over $50 and under $100

Note #5 - This amount was $100 but seems to been changed to $150 in most cases - possibly to force weight and therefore shipping costs up!!)

*** INSERT Example picture of what the FREEBIE Pop-Up LOOKS like *****

Rider added 1st Sept 2012...
Here's a QUICK GUIDE TO GETTING A FREEBIE (if the above notes were 'as clear as mud' as some drop kick on Hobby King Forums called this post)
(So I gave him a mouthful, then I was promptly banned HK Forums !! - I presuming by someone called "speedy72vega")

Here we go...
1 - Put between ~$60~$90 of items in your cart.
2 - Stay by your computer and Check/Refresh/F5 your cart every 60 seconds 24/7. (Kidding, just do it as much as you can handle - I do it every few hours when online)
3 - When you see a 'FREEBIE' pop-up, note what the item is. (Copy it's URL and/or put item in your Wishlist)
4 - Go back to your cart and add items so cart exceeds $100. (This has now changed to $150 - To push spending, weight and shipping charges up!?)
5 - Add the FREEBIE noted at Step 3 to your cart (From the copied URL or from Wishlist)
6 - Refresh cart. Now freebie item should be listed in cart valued at $0.00
7 - Go to check out and pay as soon as possible and get the hell out of there before the Freebie goes into back order!
(It happens fast in some cases - so I suggest getting your freebie BEFORE mucking around posting the link!)

End Post#1

Good Luck & Regards, - B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Last edited by Fugitive_Bill; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:48 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
POST#2 - RESERVED for Future use.

See Page 2, Posts #17,18,19 & 24 for examples of what a 'Freebie' post should look similar to.

Here is a description how a FREEBIE post should preferably look like -

(LINK to Freebie)

(Picture of Freebie)

(Description of Freebie)

(Weight of Freebie)

(Advertised public price of Freebie) (Allowed??)

End Post#2

-BILL!

EXAMPLE FREEBIE POPUP
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Last edited by Fugitive_Bill; Oct 01, 2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:12 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
Nice idea. how do you stop people from posting off-topic inane questions?
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:24 PM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
678 Posts
@ redline19k: By deleting a post like yours!!!
ANd mine now!
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Apr 2012
330 Posts
they just tweeted: We will be turning the freebie machine on again today. - Anthony
vcazan is offline Find More Posts by vcazan
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:47 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
keep this to actual links only please
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
Thank inverted for the reminder. Yes, freebies only please.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:40 PM
Sweden, Södermanland County, Katrineholm
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
they just tweeted "It's on now!!"
TraxxasSweden is offline Find More Posts by TraxxasSweden
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Sweden, Södermanland County, Katrineholm
Joined Jul 2012
51 Posts
new freebie! http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17695
TraxxasSweden is offline Find More Posts by TraxxasSweden
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:13 PM
Once you taste flight...
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Dec 2011
2,782 Posts
Over already
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Delete all of these useless posts including mine. Why are people so damn stupid!?
Resparky is offline Find More Posts by Resparky
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
Yes.. delete all the posts. Thanks for suggesting that, i'm sure all the subscribers are grateful. It's always surprising how people just won't follow the rules.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:02 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Please delete this post too..

Sorry, couldn't help myself
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, MO, Grandview
Joined Feb 2012
111 Posts
New freebie
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23972
Remember no comments or questions in this alert thread please.
mstopps is offline Find More Posts by mstopps
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
14 Posts
freebee time

UR kidding urself if u think there will ever be a valid freebee posted here..

HK twitter is first post for freebies, then u have to wait for it to appear on the official HK freebee page. Then u have to wait until it is posted here. The PNP F9F 70mm EDF i got as a super freebee was sold out in four minutes only the cutting mat lasted more than 10 minutes so watch the twit feed or the official HK thread and u may have a chance HTH
kaoskane is offline Find More Posts by kaoskane