HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by pavcon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:00 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
Dx6i B5K potentiometer or DX6i for parts

I want a dx6i pot because mine was ruind when my radio fell off the washing machin and p[lanted the aileron stick deeper. tankfully it was n the the pot shaft bent... so looking for one to buy because to send it back to spec it will cost more than 100 usd to get it fixed
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
DX6i pot

Hello,
i had teh same problem a while and could not find a 5k pot to match that used in the DX6i. I ended up sending it in to horrizon service center and they replaced all the POts for free since they were deemed bad quality.
If you have a service center close by, i recommend sending it in. if not, i suggest you try and unbend the pot slowly untill you get it to a satisfying working condition.
DO NOT remove the pot. they are very fragile and almost impossible to fix if you end up opening it. And since you can't find replaacement, ......
good luck
nlazouzi is offline Find More Posts by nlazouzi
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlazouzi View Post
Hello,
i had teh same problem a while and could not find a 5k pot to match that used in the DX6i. I ended up sending it in to horrizon service center and they replaced all the POts for free since they were deemed bad quality.
If you have a service center close by, i recommend sending it in. if not, i suggest you try and unbend the pot slowly untill you get it to a satisfying working condition.
DO NOT remove the pot. they are very fragile and almost impossible to fix if you end up opening it. And since you can't find replaacement, ......
good luck
thanks I appreciate the reply.. prob is sending a Tx in it's box it's 30 euro to go + 30 euro to come.. and it won't be fore free since this is the US version of the Dx6i and I live in europe.
maybe maybe if I go below 2kgs in the package because this is lighter than my dx8 I will pay around 50 euro for shipping..
still too much. I will try to bend it back as a first measure. ..
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no luck.. ruined it as you did. I'm sinding it in... too much expense but what can you do? I iwll have to sell it later on to get my 18
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:36 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Apr 2011
203 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
I have an Turnigy 9x that I screwed the pot up trying to clean contacts. I think it uses the same pot. I have been keeping my eye out for replacements. Please, if you find a replacement pot, post source.
cgriffith is offline Find More Posts by cgriffith
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:32 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2008
678 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
I dropped my dx6i and now the throttle doesnt work either, everything else is in perfect condition. Thinking of selling mine to buy a Turnigy 9x. I can sell you mine but the problem is I'm traveling and won't be back until end of Aug. By that time if you haven't found replacements yet then let me know. I'm in Montreal, Canada.
nguyen.tran is offline Find More Posts by nguyen.tran
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycoldface View Post
I dropped my dx6i and now the throttle doesnt work either, everything else is in perfect condition. Thinking of selling mine to buy a Turnigy 9x. I can sell you mine but the problem is I'm traveling and won't be back until end of Aug. By that time if you haven't found replacements yet then let me know. I'm in Montreal, Canada.
kk then
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I think I have found a compatible pot
but they won't send to cyprus
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...s-m8-136a.html
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:08 PM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Apr 2011
203 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
On the Turnigy, the pot did not have threads. It is held in place by a retention clip. Is the DX6 the same or different?
cgriffith is offline Find More Posts by cgriffith
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
no threads on the dx6i pot either I think I don't have the radio here.. it's at my folks house...
I will cjeck tomorrow.. not it's 1.43am here