HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:50 AM
Old Fogey-ish
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Cool thanks. Yes i got my dynam combo. Sorry, what i was trying to ask about the prop mount is, do i just unscrew those two nuts on the shaft and put the prop there, or is there another prop mount/prop saver i must buy? Not sure if this makes anymore sense....
Yes , you can put the prop right on the motor shaft between the flat washers and nuts . Where the prop is located on that plane it is well protected and there is no need for a prop saver .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:30 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
Okay cool thanks for all the help! Looks like i have no more questions for now, so im going to show you what i have done so far! Let me know how you like it.

(didn't tape any wires down, so thats why the ESC to Motor wires are hanging into the prop slot )
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Okay cool thanks for all the help! Looks like i have no more questions for now, so im going to show you what i have done so far! Let me know how you like it.

(didn't tape any wires down, so thats why the ESC to Motor wires are hanging into the prop slot )
Looks GOOD! Don't forget to have the numbers/letters on the prop facing the FRONT of the plane . Also , what size batteries do you have and how many ?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
When you say letters facing the front, then do you mean the letters should be facing the motor, or the servos? I have 2 800mah 11.1v gens ace 20c batteries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:09 PM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
When you say letters facing the front, then do you mean the letters should be facing the motor, or the servos? I have 2 800mah 11.1v gens ace 20c batteries.
Facing the motor , which will be mounted in FRONT of the prop slot .
You're probably going to have to put BOTH batteries up by the nose to get your CG right . The CG should be about 13-14 inches from the tip of the nose straight back down the center line , and don't forget to put in a little up elevator for reflex . Reflex is needed on a delta to slightly push the tail down , which causes the nose to be slightly up so it can "plane" on the air - much like the tips of water skiis needing to be slightly up above the water surface so the skiis can plane on the water .
Old Jul 21, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
Oh okay thanks. I have some 2200mah 11.1v batteries...would those work as well? Or too heavy? Thanks for the tip on putting in some reflex. How do i know when i have put in enough though? Also, where did you get that wood for mounting the motor? Im thinking of just getting that rather than buying a plastic mount.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Jul 21, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:53 PM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Oh okay thanks. I have some 2200mah 11.1v batteries...would those work as well? Or too heavy? Thanks for the tip on putting in some reflex. How do i know when i have put in enough though? Also, where did you get that wood for mounting the motor? Im thinking of just getting that rather than buying a plastic mount.
The 2200mah 11.1v would probably be the best ones to use for this plane , just make sure your CG is about 13-14" straight back ( down the center line ) from the tip of the nose .
Start with about 1/4" up elevator , then trim as necessary on that first flight ( if there is someone experienced who can trim it for you , that might be good ).
The wood I used for mounting the motor is 4 popsicle sticks taped together , put into the motor mount , then I put a wood screw in the little hole ( drill a pilot hole first so the wood doesn't split ) , and then a little hot glue .
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
Okay cool thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts

By thrown, smooth landing, CG position was found about 42% from TE. Is that becouse 2x dihedral?
jroth123 is offline Find More Posts by jroth123
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:14 PM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroth123 View Post

By thrown, smooth landing, CG position was found about 42% from TE. Is that becouse 2x dihedral?
I don't know , but if it flies well - GREAT ! Show us a video if you can !
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:12 PM
Do You Grok This
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
Looks GOOD! Don't forget to have the numbers/letters on the prop facing the FRONT of the plane . Also , what size batteries do you have and how many ?
Push or pull... Does it matter? Should fly either way right?

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:22 AM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Push or pull... Does it matter? Should fly either way right?

Nightstone
It doesn't matter if it's push or pull ( prop behind or in front of the motor ) , but it does matter that the prop is facing the right direction . Most prop blades have a side that curves out ( the side with the numbers/letters on it ) , and the other side that curves in . For the prop to be most efficient ( most thrust ) the " curved out " side needs to face in the direction you want the plane to travel .
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:06 AM
Do You Grok This
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
It doesn't matter if it's push or pull ( prop behind or in front of the motor ) , but it does matter that the prop is facing the right direction . Most prop blades have a side that curves out ( the side with the numbers/letters on it ) , and the other side that curves in . For the prop to be most efficient ( most thrust ) the " curved out " side needs to face in the direction you want the plane to travel .
Brain fart on my end. Was thinking the motor was turned around. Prop always faces front.

I decided to just get a Y cable and will finish the build tomorrow. Lets keep it tame for a bit. I did build an elevon model a while back and played with it till i toasted it.

Here is a pic

Will do a vid If i can get the wife to film it.

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
Old Fogey-ish
Joined Aug 2010
2,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Brain fart on my end. Was thinking the motor was turned around. Prop always faces front.

I decided to just get a Y cable and will finish the build tomorrow. Lets keep it tame for a bit. I did build an elevon model a while back and played with it till i toasted it.

Here is a pic

Will do a vid If i can get the wife to film it.

Nightstone
Looks good!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined May 2011
4,303 Posts
Nevermind, im going to just use a GWS prop....disregard this post.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Jul 23, 2012 at 08:24 PM.