Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:56 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
will try never uploaded before but hey first time for all,not really sure how to do pics but will try.did a quick maiden and she is tail heavy will rebalance and try again but hey no damage i love it
diyman is offline Find More Posts by diyman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyman View Post
will try never uploaded before but hey first time for all,not really sure how to do pics but will try.did a quick maiden and she is tail heavy will rebalance and try again but hey no damage i love it
When you click on " post reply" , scroll down to attach files - manage attachments . If the photos are on your computer , click "browse" . When you see the photo you want double click on it . Then back on the "manage attachments" window you should see the file listed next to "browse" , and on the right it will say "download" - click on "download" . Repeat for more photos . When you've downloaded all the photos you want to the "manage attachments" window , click on "save changes" at the bottom of the "manage attachments" window , then close that window .
For videos , download the video to YouTube , copy the link to the video and paste it into the post reply window .
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:38 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
sounds easy enough thanks so much
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:19 PM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon View Post
Well I made the jet with paper off and a KFm4 airfoil , and oddly the original paper-on KFm-less prototype flies better . The new one seems sluggish ... go figure .
Weight? has to be...

I tested those $5.99 Orange RX receivers today. They work great. Even let the thermals take my snowball way up and still had control. Would I trust them on something expensive? Nope. But for foamies they are great. No complaints.

Nightstone
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Downtown Phoenix Skyline
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:40 AM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Weight? has to be...

I tested those $5.99 Orange RX receivers today. They work great. Even let the thermals take my snowball way up and still had control. Would I trust them on something expensive? Nope. But for foamies they are great. No complaints.

Nightstone
You're probably right , more foam ( more weight ) adding a KFm top and bottom . So for me gaining the benefits of a KFm airfoil at the cost of more weight isn't worth it for a jet that I want to fly FAST !
I might have to get some of those orange rx's on my next order - price is right !
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
orange rx

hey guys i have been using the orange rx since they came out i have about twenty in my rx box plus ive used them in 6 dollar to 600 dollar planes with no worry once you get used to them they cant be beat plus they are built using the same tech. as spektrum just my two cents
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
this is just one of many foamies ive done if anyone wants to see my hanger just ask ill post more pics
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
this is just one of many foamies ive done if anyone wants to see my hanger just ask ill post more pics
WHOA!!! Is that a canard SE with nails for ballast ? Have you flown it again since the tail heavy maiden ? I'd love to see a video of that monster flying !
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
crap!!!

well would of been a great video but my batt was dead on arival. but let me tell you what you missed it was like somthing out of a movie and yes those are nailes and a canard and it flew great till the lipo went boom ever seen coroplast on fire oh so pretty blue and then straight into the ground like a missle i think the cplast is to heavy will try again with fff but i think i should pull out the watt meter first lipo to go boom on me.
later guys
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
well would of been a great video but my batt was dead on arival. but let me tell you what you missed it was like somthing out of a movie and yes those are nailes and a canard and it flew great till the lipo went boom ever seen coroplast on fire oh so pretty blue and then straight into the ground like a missle i think the cplast is to heavy will try again with fff but i think i should pull out the watt meter first lipo to go boom on me.
later guys
Up in flames , huh ? I'll bet it was a good show ! I've had a couple of ESC's get toasted in flight - no batteries yet .
Praymond had great success building his out of blue core , didn't even have to use reinforcement with the grain going across the wing . The blue core is light enough for him to do vertical take-offs !

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22356382

Swazey2 (3 min 44 sec)
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:55 AM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
Cg???

well here is my second attempt at the paper plane went much better this time.would you guys look and see if the CG looks correct in the pics
thank you so much for all the help
diyman
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
well here is my second attempt at the paper plane went much better this time.would you guys look and see if the CG looks correct in the pics
thank you so much for all the help
diyman
Looks right .
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
diyman
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
ok thanx we will go at it again ive charged the batts in the video cam so wish me luck will post as soon asap
diyman
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:20 PM
20 years on the Internet
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2012
799 Posts
looks good... Lets see some video....

Nightstone

Al... My order is still stuck in customs. 9 days now. Way to go USPS.
Nightstone is offline Find More Posts by Nightstone
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Downtown Phoenix Skyline
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
looks good... Lets see some video....

Nightstone

Al... My order is still stuck in customs. 9 days now. Way to go USPS.
That's frustrating ! Do you have any airframes built ?