HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
So the new box cant be used for storage/carrying?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
Nothing, as in it hasn't even shipped yet? If so, make sure they don't have your order mistakenly marked for the 11 cm, v939, then contact either customer service at cservice@banggood.com or Aaron Qin (who works for them) on this forum. I got very quick responses from them by emailing customer service just before they open for business at 9 AM China time.
Well, I guess I have to rephrase the nothing a little bit: after they needed a week to process the order which had stated the well know "ships within 24 hours" when I hit the buy button, they dropped it off with an obviously completely useless carrier on July 1... and THAT is the status ever since - accepted, preparing shipment ... that is the nothing which it is for 11 days now. And I am really sorry, but I cant be tooo considerate here. That is the risk of the seller that when the carrier he picks is useless he as the seller will have to sort this out with his crappy carrier. I as a customer want either my stuff or my money ... and right now I DONT have either ... a condition which I will work very hard to change in a weeks time ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:57 AM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
418 Posts
Are you talking about FlyTExpress? If so, they never show any info once it leaves them. Do you have a China Post number to follow it along further? Mine shipped on the 4th, but I've been following it with the China Post number in the FlyTExpress tracking info.
MikeSRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Yes, please use the tracking number (could be for China Post or Hong Kong Post) on the respective online tracking system to see the progress of the delivery. I had a shock earlier with my 2xV911 order until I discovered the tracking number.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
Are you talking about FlyTExpress? If so, they never show any info once it leaves them. Do you have a China Post number to follow it along further? Mine shipped on the 4th, but I've been following it with the China Post number in the FlyTExpress tracking info.
I am very well aware of the fact that the "AAA whatever ..." that FlytExpress provides is useless. But on their site, under reference#, THAT is where they have the actual China Post tracking #, which is RA543554218CN (for anyone interested in tracking the package to NY customs, where it will spend ANOTHER week or so, IF it EVER arrives there ... and then on to PA)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
418 Posts
Just trying to help. I can't read your mind and you started by saying nothing had happened with your order, when in fact it has shipped. You can take issue with BG for taking so long to ship it, but then you're at the mercy of China Post and US Customs. I deal with a lot of shipments from HK and China and have had some arrive in as little as 7 days and others almost 30. That's what you have to put up with to get it that cheap.

FWIW, mine has the exact same status as of the 4th. From that point I've seen it go as much as a week before the item arrives in the US.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:00 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,548 Posts
I ordered my V929 RTF from BG on July 5

I think 出口总包直封封发 means it left China on July 8. It has not shown up on Canada Post tracking yet.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:14 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
June 29 - Ordered
June 30 - Shipped
July 10 - arrived at Canada Customs

I should have it another 2 to 10 days.

Pretty darn good for 'free' shipping to Canada.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:16 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I ordered my V929 RTF from BG on July 5

I think 出口总包直封封发 means it left China on July 8. It has not shown up on Canada Post tracking yet.
If you use the English tracking website, that is translated to "departure from outward office of exchange". That's the same status mine had on the 7th, and it hasn't arrived in the US yet (at least according to USPS). I have seen cases where I get no notice of arrival, then it shows up in the post office, or it shows in customs, then turns up at my door. Needless to say, tracking on this stuff is pretty random.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:17 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
erdnuckel2 it is outgoing customs at Hangzhou International dated 4th July.
Used http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTrace.jsp and Google Translate.

My 2nd V929 had that status since 3rd July and did not change till today, I had checked late last night and the Postman dropped it off this morning.

So yours may be in US anyway, have you recently checked UPPS or whatever with the code, yours may work,
Post Office here do not recognise the China Post tracking number.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
They have an English version at 183.com.cn. There's a link on the top left of the page to switch it.

Anyway, I much rather be talking about flying the thing, but all we can do is wait.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
I ordered on June 1st and still do not have it.
According to Flyt Express they shipped it and BG is telling me to be patient
I guess I am at the mercy of the sytem....

Order Number: A000091206020011 Reference Code:RA543556219CN

Ship Type:CNRAMWW

Description:item A000091206020011 Depart from Flytexpress Sorting Center to scott pratt UNITED STATES at 2012-6-22 21:37:34
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:14 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Mike I have used english version, it is just the replies are in chinese.

Cloud Flying if you look at the V929 page on Banggood near the bottom, you will see the new Styro package from 9th July can be used for storage/carriage.

The one I, Brandigan and maybe others got was an interim measure as retail package not really strong enough (see last page in main thread for vsorb?? pics) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1538
Old Jul 11, 2012, 03:19 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Scott it was Hangzhou International outgoing customs 28 Jun so I would expect it to be in States by now.

Have you checked USPS tracking as I believe they show the Chinese tracking no.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Jul 2012
42 Posts
I just ordered a Turnigy 9X radio this morning and I'm wondering if the V929 model that comes with the transmitter will also work with the Turnigy 9X.

Can anyone recommend if it's worth ordering spare parts at the same time, and, if so, which parts are worthwhile.

I should probably say that I have no quad or other RC flying experience. I am a kite and balloon aerial photographer who is considering getting into multirotors, and wanted to try flying something inexpensive before I go wholehog and crash $3000 worth of gear. I have seen advice to others to try a Blade mQX, and thought this might be a cheaper way to give a quad a try and also be able to use the Turnigy radio. Does this sound like a reasonable way to go for someone like me?

In case anyone is interested, here's a sample of my aerial photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ml_kap/...207855/detail/

Is BangGood still the best place to order the 929?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Michael L is offline Find More Posts by Michael L