HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,442 Posts
Hi mnemennth,
I read your review and update regarding the motor on the v929.

I have a older v929 with the 4port board. Both when they first came to market. And it has red/blue motor as well as white/black motors.

So, I don't know how this relates to motor timing.

Also, have you ever noticed that if you weight a motor directly on a scale, it affects the reported weight? Possibly due to the magnet?

Now, if you place an object and tare it out. Then weigh the same motor, the true weight is less.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Hi mnemennth,

I have a older v929 with the 4port board. Both when they first came to market. And it has red/blue motor as well as white/black motors.

Also, have you ever noticed that if you weight a motor directly on a scale, it affects the reported weight? Possibly due to the magnet?

Now, if you place an object and tare it out. Then weigh the same motor, the true weight is less.
made that experience when trying to weigh the Xtreme 180SR motors for the Lama V4/CX2 - the weight difference that was reported was roughly 30 or so %
(Well over 40g vs. about 33)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:22 AM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Hi mnemennth,

Daryoon -

This is the first I've heard of the early model V929 having anything but the motors with red/blue wires. I found out about this the hard way by ordering spares online, only to receive the motors I described.

Just out of curiosity; did you get your V929 new? And did it come advertised with the "Flip function"?

Can anyone else here verify they've also got the older model V929 configured like Daryoon's, and whether they came advertised with the "Flip function"?

As for the motor weight; out of curiosity, I weighed a similar 0820SR motor I had (One of the bleeping red/blue wire ones) and it weighs 5.25 grams in the center of my scale, and 5.10 grams on top of a thread spool. I DID notice that there ARE areas the motor will roll to and stop on the platform; obviously SOME magnetic pull there.

Since we're talking approx +/- 0.15 grams, well within the expected variance for daily changes in barometric pressure, I'm not going to worry about updating the review for that difference. I WILL, however, be sure to keep it in mind next time.

I use an AWS ACPro-200 200grams x 0.01gram resolution; available from Amazon.com for $13-18. GREAT little scale, and stainless steel platform.

mnem
I can't find my Goblins.
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:32 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemennth View Post
Daryoon -

This is the first I've heard of the early model V929 having anything but the motors with red/blue wires. I found out about this the hard way by ordering spares online, only to receive the motors I described.

Just out of curiosity; did you get your V929 new? And did it come advertised with the "Flip function"?

Can anyone else here verify they've also got the older model V929 configured like Daryoon's, and whether they came advertised with the "Flip function"?
My V929 first batch (4-plug Version), bought 2012-08-14 at banggood has black/red (Yes, BLACK/red!) for CW (looking from above) and black/white for CCW

-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:08 PM
United States, TX, Victoria
Joined Jul 2012
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
My V929 first batch (4-plug Version), bought 2012-08-14 at banggood has black/red (Yes, BLACK/red!) for CW (looking from above) and black/white for CCW

-mike-
Mike -

Okay... those are the motors used on the later models like mine. Did yours come advertised with the "Flip stunt" mode?

I'm beginning to think these modifications were made "on the fly" during production, rather than released all together as a single "upgrade model" as I first thought.

It looks like they first went to the more powerful motors, then maybe modified the firmware on the old mainboard. Then, once they had that sorted so the "Flip stunt" mode worked, they added the lighting channel like the V939 used to make the V949 model.

At that point, I'm guessing they just discontinued manufacturing the old V929 board, substituting the V949 board. This is the current state of the art for the V929 which has now become their "base" model.

Hmmm...

mnem
Hold on... I'm cogitatin'.
mnemennth is offline Find More Posts by mnemennth
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:40 PM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Charger

If the turnigy nano have the same plug, it is possible use the charger provide for WlToys? or I need a new Batt charger?

Thanks in advance
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
UDI U816 U816A Hubsan X4 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts 3.7V 260mAh Li-Po Battery
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...0-p-48851.html

Turnigy nano-tech 260mAh 1S 35-70C Lipo Pack (QR Ladybird/Genius CP/Mini CP)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Mini_CP_.html

IMPORTANT!!!! Following need the polarity to be reversed!!!!

Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 35~70C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Pro_100_.html

Turnigy nano-tech 300mah 1S 45~90C Lipo Pack (Fits Nine Eagles Solo-Pro 100)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Pro_100_.html
juanquy is offline Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
If the turnigy nano have the same plug, it is possible use the charger provide for WlToys? or I need a new Batt charger?

Thanks in advance
JC
You can still use your WLToys charger.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, KS, Buhler
Joined Feb 2011
46 Posts
Thank

Thanks appreciate your anwser I was ready to make a Cable to use it with my DC6 charger.
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
You can still use your WLToys charger.
juanquy is offline Find More Posts by juanquy
Old Mar 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanquy View Post
Thanks appreciate your anwser I was ready to make a Cable to use it with my DC6 charger.
JC
With this harness you can charge 5 of them in parallel :
1 to 5 Charge Cable For 3.7v 1 Cell Walkera Battery (888045)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-to-5-Charg...-/271078390293
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old May 16, 2013, 02:02 PM
Romania, IS, Iași
Joined May 2011
54 Posts
v929 (1 min 38 sec)
ccatalin is offline Find More Posts by ccatalin