HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:42 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
I originally ordered the 939, based on someone here being told that it shipped when he requested to change the order to the 929. Later, he found out that they shipped him the 929 and the description changed from "1-3 days" to "out of stock". I contacted BG and asked them to change my order to the 929, which they did at no extra charge and withing 12 hours after I asked. The next day, it shipped. I've ordered stuff from a dozen mainland China and Hong Kong stores and few were as responsive (miracle-mart is usually very good) as BG. It may take another week to actually leave China, but that's what you have to put up with if you want the low price. I could buy one today on Ebay from a US vendor and have it in a couple of days, but it's almost twice the price.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Last edited by MikeSRC; Jul 06, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
nice

Good to hear their customer service is prompt... unfortunately of course I caught this mistake right as the weekend starts. should I be using Sales@banggood.com? it is the only customer service email I have found. Pretty annoyed because the batteries were originally in stock on the 4th and must have sold out right before my order was processed... which halted the whole thing. Guess, I can thank all you RC junkies in here for ordering all the Tigers batteries as they come in LOL! . Someone better post a gnarly V929 video on YT this weekend so I can get my fix
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:24 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
The customer service email is cservice@banggood.com. I believe it's on their FAQ page. I've sent them emails just before they open at 9 AM (China time) and both times got a response by 9:30 AM. Put your order number in the subject line of the email.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Activity Date/Time Location
Processed Through Sort Facility June 30, 2012, 11:13 pm ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed Through Sort Facility June 30, 2012, 9:41 am HONG KONG, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance June 27, 2012, 11:56 am HONG KONG

This is latest status I have, I actually ordered on the 23rd. Those rats are probably flyin around the customs office in NY....

I believe I paid $51.55, I jumped early.

My 808 #11 keychain camera arrived a few days ago, it was ordered the same day as the 929...the camera and I are both anxiously awaiting flight videos to post up.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Last edited by BD Murdock; Jul 06, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 04:13 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadNerd View Post
Good to hear their customer service is prompt... unfortunately of course I caught this mistake right as the weekend starts.
You could try messaing Aaronqin as he works for BG.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=382644

He is active even after work hours. When it is 9pm in China, the US is at 9am.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:04 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
My first one arrived in UK yesterday supposedly so maybe get it Monday.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 07, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Out of curiosity I just spoke with a USPS rep, some of you guys probably know much more about this than I do, to find out if they could give me any idea when the package I'm waiting for might leave NY.

She said that once registered mail (free shipping from BG) hit's the USA that's the last thing a tracking number will show. It could still be in NY or it could be on the mailman's truck out for delivery. She said there are simply no more updates after it hits these shores. That's a wee bit disappointing, kinda kills the fun of a tracking number.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 05:41 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
That's strange mine showed both arrival at my local post office and delivery through the tracking site.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 07, 2012, 09:24 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
I pre-ordered and while it has "shipped" I am very dissapointed that I have still not recieved it...
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:46 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Out of curiosity I just spoke with a USPS rep, some of you guys probably know much more about this than I do, to find out if they could give me any idea when the package I'm waiting for might leave NY.

She said that once registered mail (free shipping from BG) hit's the USA that's the last thing a tracking number will show. It could still be in NY or it could be on the mailman's truck out for delivery. She said there are simply no more updates after it hits these shores. That's a wee bit disappointing, kinda kills the fun of a tracking number.
This is only partially correct. It is true that the HK tracking numbers cannot be tracked through HK Post once they get to the US port of entry. However, just go to the USPS web site and track it from there. I track mine to the local PO every time and I ordered at least 40 packages from China just last year.

It is also true that HK Post does not have any more updates once it gets to the US. But the USPS does. The USPS web site will even show the package is out for delivery and send you an email when it gets signed for or picked up.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:30 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post

Sorry, but to my personal experience with almost everything I got registered from china to date ... her statement is not correct ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Did I FLY today??
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:35 AM
Hobart,Tasmania,Australia
Joined Mar 2001
106 Posts
Most tracked parcels I get from China don't show anything after hitting Australia until it's delivered.
geebee is offline Find More Posts by geebee
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I pre-ordered and while it has "shipped" I am very dissapointed that I have still not recieved it...
I too am very dissapointed my large packages from hobbyking dont take two and a half weeks... It is out of the sellers hands once it leaves their warehouse but the fact that mine didnt ship for over 5 days after my order when the site said it was "shipping in 24 hours" is what gets me lol. Ahh well I am still excited for it to get here.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Well this is all interesting...If she gave me incorrect information then my Quad from BG is still just sitting in NY...since the 30th...It's going to take longer to get to Colorado from NY than it did from HK to the US.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
I'm surprised that stuff going to CO goes through NY instead of LA (which is a lot closer). Everything I get from China go through LA in a few days at most.