HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
No movement...

Hey guys, been prowling the forums here for months now and decided it was finally time to join. I noticed this V929 when searching for an affordable FPV platform and while I am getting mixed reviews about its outdoor capability... I simply cannot pass up the cost! I am a bit dismayed looking at some of these posts given my Banggood.com shipping status has not budged in 72 hours... I do not even have the "Payment Accepted" status that comes before "Ready to Process" in GooberSB's order above. Well, this isn't the first time I have had to wait in China-Limbo
But it just makes the delivery that much sweeter

July 04 2012, 11:16 AM Ready To Process
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:45 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2007
22 Posts
929 Came in mail today,,,,

hi guys,,
i ordered a v929 on the 23rd of last month and it came today,, also came in the original box,,, just got it out and flew it,, amazing,, you will enjoy this!! to me it flies like a 9958 have to be ahead of it a little to keep up,, and it is fast!!
herpcondo is offline Find More Posts by herpcondo
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadNerd View Post
Hey guys, been prowling the forums here for months now and decided it was finally time to join. I noticed this V929 when searching for an affordable FPV platform and while I am getting mixed reviews about its outdoor capability... I simply cannot pass up the cost! I am a bit dismayed looking at some of these posts given my Banggood.com shipping status has not budged in 72 hours... I do not even have the "Payment Accepted" status that comes before "Ready to Process" in GooberSB's order above. Well, this isn't the first time I have had to wait in China-Limbo
But it just makes the delivery that much sweeter

July 04 2012, 11:16 AM Ready To Process
Welcome!! Glad you are used to the "China-Limbo" lol as it can be pretty darn off putting. Cant have it all lol. I have yet to fly this quad in the wind but I have flown the mqx in the wind and it does pretty good.

Keep an eye out over at hobbyking for their $100 brushless PNP quad. Ill be snagging one when they come back in stock http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Quad_PNP_.html
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:54 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Be prepared to buy plenty of spare motors then , i had 16 of them i now have 3 useable ones , the windings break if you fart in the wrong direction.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:55 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,253 Posts
The 11cm version (v939?) is now showing up as out of stock. I've had trouble with banggood running out of things after I place an order. They hold the order for a few more days and then I get a notice from PayPal that I got a partial refund from 5star. So if it seems to be taking a long time to box and ship it may be due to lack of inventory. I've never had a deal go bad with banggood where they keep the money but don't deliver. In fact, they immediately refund the price of unavailable items or cancel the whole order if too many of the items are unavailable. The downside is that it takes up to a week to discover that something you thought was on the way is, in fact, not.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:36 PM
Registered User
Del-Dredd's Avatar
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Should be "Not in Stock Yet" as that is the correct condition, to go out of stock you must have had stock in the first place.

The V939 has not been released from factory yet.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
The 11cm version (v939?) is now showing up as out of stock. I've had trouble with banggood running out of things after I place an order. They hold the order for a few more days and then I get a notice from PayPal that I got a partial refund from 5star. So if it seems to be taking a long time to box and ship it may be due to lack of inventory. I've never had a deal go bad with banggood where they keep the money but don't deliver. In fact, they immediately refund the price of unavailable items or cancel the whole order if too many of the items are unavailable. The downside is that it takes up to a week to discover that something you thought was on the way is, in fact, not.
I really hope this is not the case... PayPal has taken the funds from my account but my order status on Banggood does not give me a status of "payment accepted" which it appears came before "Ready to Process" on your order GooberSB. Did you use PayPal? And I am assuming because the syntax is the same you copy and pasted from the Banggood Order Status page? I will be very upset if next week I end up with a refund

Update: I went back to the order status and noticed a dropdown menu of different status selections... turns out my "Ready To Process" status shows up under the "Backorder" selection... grrrrreaaattttttt.... *facepalm* looks like I will be one of those refunds
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Last edited by QuadNerd; Jul 06, 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: *Update*
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:26 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Banggood's page clearly states that the smaller one has not been releases yet and that you have the option of doing a preorder. It has said that since the big one was released as far as I have seen. Blaming a store for not bothering to read the full product page seems a bit off to me.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:37 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Banggood's page clearly states that the smaller one has not been releases yet and that you have the option of doing a preorder. It has said that since the big one was released as far as I have seen. Blaming a store for not bothering to read the full product page seems a bit off to me.
To be fair, when you clicked on the smaller version before, it said "Shipping in 1-3 days". But I agree.. Its on the page just waaaay down there lol.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
Banggood's page clearly states that the smaller one has not been releases yet and that you have the option of doing a preorder. It has said that since the big one was released as far as I have seen. Blaming a store for not bothering to read the full product page seems a bit off to me.
I am talking about the V929 (the big one)... website said and still says "Shipping in 24 hours"
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:45 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-Dredd View Post
Should be "Not in Stock Yet" as that is the correct condition, to go out of stock you must have had stock in the first place.

The V939 has not been released from factory yet.
When I ordered my v929 the shipping time for the v939 was showing "1-3 days" instead of 24 hrs so I thought it must be available for shipping. Now that they are saying "temporaily out of stock" I figured they had aloready sold out of them.

Also, the RTF product page has more information about the new packaging and delay of the v929 than the BNF product page does.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:49 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadNerd View Post
I am talking about the V929 (the big one)... website said and still says "Shipping in 24 hours"
Click the "11cm" box again. The base price listed is for the 11cm version but the shipping details seem to default to the 19cm version.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
hmmmmm

I must be confused... I am ordering the V929 not the 11cm V939 (which I understand is not released yet) The V929 is released and says it is shipping within 24 hours on their website... however my status has been switched to back order. I ordered it on the 4th... Looks like i missed the window by one day as MikesRC ordered it on the 3rd and had his shipped

hope I am not one of the many customers on their facebook page who complain about months and months with no item and difficult refunding...
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Ok! I figured it out... The friggin 2 dollar battery I ordered along with the quad says out of stock!!! Ughhhh now I have to go through customer service I suppose and cancel the battery if I want the beetle this month lol.
QuadNerd is offline Find More Posts by QuadNerd
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:26 PM
Registered User
Del-Dredd's Avatar
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Are you sure you ordered the bigger V929, it uses the same page but you need to click the little box with 19cm and the additional charge, if you did not click the box you ordered the smaller V939.
Somebody else had done that and did not realise.


See you found the issue while i was typing, left this as info for others though.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 5149 Oct 29, 2014 01:57 AM
Mini-Review WLtoys V929 Beetle Ladybird Quad Mini-Review FyreSG Mini Multirotors 3754 Oct 16, 2014 08:31 PM
Discussion V911 price/dealers/deals/tracking thread jameschen072 Micro Helis 1269 Jan 19, 2014 08:16 AM