SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
HK and China post get the blame for a lot of things they are not responsible for so you are not alone , Royal Mail and Parcel Force in the UK are just as bad.
I had 2 lipos sat somewhere in the UK for 2 yes TWO years !
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:24 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
I just took that RC084773404HK ...My packages from Hong Kong usually have an "RB...HK" tracking number, you have an "RC...HK"...
RC084773404HK is valid on hongkongpost.com. It says:

Outward Registered Letter

Destination - United States of America

The item (RC084773404HK) arrived at Hong Kong or its destination country on 30-Jun-2012.

It should be in the States since June 30.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Jul 18, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:48 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
HK and China post get the blame for a lot of things they are not responsible for so you are not alone , Royal Mail and Parcel Force in the UK are just as bad.
I had 2 lipos sat somewhere in the UK for 2 yes TWO years !
Were they actually delivered to you after 2 years?

It's like in the movies, hiding some secrets for the future in a delayed mail.

Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
HK and China post get the blame for a lot of things they are not responsible for so you are not alone , Royal Mail and Parcel Force in the UK are just as bad.
I had 2 lipos sat somewhere in the UK for 2 yes TWO years !
Even email can be bad: I once received an email several MONTHS after it was sent.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
For those of you who receive the later version boxes, or if your box arrived as damaged as mine did, this is a great fix to not having a carrying case. Available at harbor freight.




Link to the case: http://www.harborfreight.com/18-inch...ase-39196.html
Link to a 20% off coupon :http://images.harborfreight.com/hftw.../images/22.jpg
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by 3d astronaut; Jul 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:04 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
My V929 is at the local Post Office now, 6 days after clearing Customs. I should get it today or tomorrow. The order was made July 5 at BG. It isn't bad. It could have been better if China Post does not throw stuff at the wrong Customs all the time.

HK still hasn't shipped out the 9X five days after order and reservation. And I am still waiting for 2 other orders from HK made at the end of June to arrive. HK is doing worse than sellers from mainland China lately.
V929 from BG arrived today together with the 2 old orders from HK. The 9x from HK is still not shipped. Their packing bots must be on sick leave or on strike.

The V929 is shipped in a styrofoam box without the original packing. I got the correct colour of canopy but the wrong plug on the charger.

I have an ebay plug adaptor and I probably would change out the battery connectors later on so that it can share my existing batteries and chargers. Hence the wrong plug on the charger is not a big issue.

Great!
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:50 PM
Certified Heli Addict
RaymondM's Avatar
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
992 Posts
Mine arrived on the 16th ordered it on the 27th of June not bad considering it came all the way from China(Banggood). Learning slowly to bank turn at 40 and 60% no heavy crashes yet. Fun!Fun!Fun! Looking forward to the V939 or the Pet.
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:22 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
362 Posts
Arrrghh!! Ordered mine on the 26th of June, got it today. Unpacked it, only to realize that they didn't send a battery! It's one of the repack versions where it's all disassembled and in a styrofoam container....

Guess I figure out how good Banggood customer service is. Sheesh, I hope I don't have to wait another 1/2 month to fly this thing
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:28 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
Arrrghh!! Ordered mine on the 26th of June, got it today. Unpacked it, only to realize that they didn't send a battery! It's one of the repack versions where it's all disassembled and in a styrofoam container....

Guess I figure out how good Banggood customer service is. Sheesh, I hope I don't have to wait another 1/2 month to fly this thing
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1948
(just in case you are looking for a quick alternative ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,437 Posts
That sucks. Good thing is, you'll need more batteries anyways, so place an order for those. In fact, it uses the same battery as Blade 120SR so there should be plenty of options.

Because I have one battery myself, I created a parallel cable and hook up two of my 150mah. Gives me 5 min of flight. And it sits in the bottom of the battery cage, held securely in place by a simple rubberband. Almost like it was made like that.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:19 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,104 Posts
Hong Kong to Singapore via Swiss Post

Just noticed my old HobbyKing shipping history:
Code:
Date 		Time 	Event 						Processed by
Sat 12.05.2012 	10:28 	Mailed 						Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	10:28 	Arrival at border point of origin country	Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	17:38 	Departed transit country 			Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	17:38 	Departure from border point of origin country 	Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Tue 22.05.2012 	17:50 	Arrival at border point of origin country 	CH-8010 Zürich 1 	
Tue 22.05.2012 	18:23 	Departure from border point of origin country 	CH-8010 Zürich 1 	
Wed 23.05.2012 	20:31 	Departed transit country 			Swiss Post Dietzenbach T 	
Wed 30.05.2012 	13:58 	Arrival at border point of destination country 	SGSINA 	
Wed 30.05.2012 	17:54 	Released by customs 				SG 	
Thu 31.05.2012 	19:53 	Delivered 					SGSINA
It's quite amusing to see the first stop of the journey from Hong Kong is Singapore (where I stay). It could have been delivered but the stuff set sail to Switzerland. Then came all the way back to Singapore again. Wow. It took 2 days for Swiss Post to send the items from HK to SG but the entire route to Switzerland and back took 2+ weeks.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Just noticed my old HobbyKing shipping history:
Code:
Date 		Time 	Event 						Processed by
Sat 12.05.2012 	10:28 	Mailed 						Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	10:28 	Arrival at border point of origin country	Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	17:38 	Departed transit country 			Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Sat 12.05.2012 	17:38 	Departure from border point of origin country 	Swiss Post SINGAPORE 	
Tue 22.05.2012 	17:50 	Arrival at border point of origin country 	CH-8010 Zürich 1 	
Tue 22.05.2012 	18:23 	Departure from border point of origin country 	CH-8010 Zürich 1 	
Wed 23.05.2012 	20:31 	Departed transit country 			Swiss Post Dietzenbach T 	
Wed 30.05.2012 	13:58 	Arrival at border point of destination country 	SGSINA 	
Wed 30.05.2012 	17:54 	Released by customs 				SG 	
Thu 31.05.2012 	19:53 	Delivered 					SGSINA
It's quite amusing to see the first stop of the journey from Hong Kong is Singapore (where I stay). It could have been delivered but the stuff set sail to Switzerland. Then came all the way back to Singapore again. Wow. It took 2 days for Swiss Post to send the items from HK to SG but the entire route to Switzerland and back took 2+ weeks.
If you have Li-Po in your order, HK would send it through SwissPost. Then it has to go through Switzerland even if the item is sent to the house next door. It is slow.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,104 Posts
Hmm, I see. The waiting game begins again for me...
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Yeah the lipos were actually delivered after 2 years and are working fine lol
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:29 AM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,437 Posts
Wanted to make you guys aware. Over on the v911 Deals tracking thread, Aaron said the are relocating warehouse and so orders may see a delay in when they get shipped out. I'd go order from one of the AliExpress dealers for the time being.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V929 Beetle Ladybird Quad Mini-Review FyreSG Mini Multirotors 3754 Oct 16, 2014 08:31 PM
Discussion V911 price/dealers/deals/tracking thread jameschen072 Micro Helis 1269 Jan 19, 2014 08:16 AM
Mini-Review WLToys Beetle quad review jameschen072 Mini Multirotors 5143 Jul 21, 2013 11:42 AM