SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:10 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Discussion
Projet a10

Has anyone on this board have any experience and/or comments on this A10?

If I buy this, I would power it with a pair of WM400 70mm fans, HET 3W motors and 4S Lipo. I would not bother with the LG and rely on a bungee launch instead.

Wingspan 1500mm
Length 1056mm
Weight 2.3-2.55 kg
Wing Loading 70~78g dm/2
Airfoil NACA 2415
Wing Area 32.6 dm/2
Servos 6-8 Standard (Not Included)
Motors 70MM EDF (Not Included)
ESC 50-60 A (Not Included)
Larry Dudeck is offline Find More Posts by Larry Dudeck
Last edited by Larry Dudeck; Jul 05, 2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: grammar
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 11:44 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
hey Larry
my buddy just bought this one I think, its the projet nitro planes one right? he is going to power it with twin v15 housings stuffed with the bl32 motors and cs/10 blade rotors on 6s. these produce around 5lbs static thrust each at 16-1800kw. should go nicely. the build is due to start in a week or two

John
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jul 05, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Oct 2006
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Dudeck View Post
Has anyone on this board have any experience and/or comments on this A10?

If I buy this, I would power it with a pair of WM400 70mm fans, HET 3W motors and 4S Lipo. I would not bother with the LG and rely on a bungee launch instead.

Wingspan 1500mm
Length 1056mm
Weight 2.3-2.55 kg
Wing Loading 70~78g dm/2
Airfoil NACA 2415
Wing Area 32.6 dm/2
Servos 6-8 Standard (Not Included)
Motors 70MM EDF (Not Included)
ESC 50-60 A (Not Included)

I almost bought this edf jet but went with the dynam. From what I read about the project X A10, it is very fragile and heavy. I felt it would not handle too many mistakes well. For instance a hard landing, which we all experience from time to time. Botton line, it's what you feel comfortable with.
MitchDigger is offline Find More Posts by MitchDigger
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:50 PM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Gents,

Thanks for the replies.

BTW, who sells the "dynam"?

I like the Projet because of its size plus the fact it's all built-up balsa. If the blurbs are correct I'm guessing a wing loading somewhere in the 23~24 oz/sq.ft. range. No big deal as some of my planes are up around 32 oz/sq.ft.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Oct 2006
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Dudeck View Post
Gents,

Thanks for the replies.

BTW, who sells the "dynam"?

I like the Projet because of its size plus the fact it's all built-up balsa. If the blurbs are correct I'm guessing a wing loading somewhere in the 23~24 oz/sq.ft. range. No big deal as some of my planes are up around 32 oz/sq.ft.
Nitroplane sell the Dynam A10
MitchDigger is offline Find More Posts by MitchDigger
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:08 AM
LHS Supporter.....
United States, VA, Springfield
Joined May 2009
52 Posts
There is a whole thread herehttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1527334

BTW I have the 6S, BL32, CS-10 Combo and its a great flyer.

Chris
Chris2087 is offline Find More Posts by Chris2087
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:11 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Chris2087,

I totally forgot this thread existed. Just finished reading through. The thread has convinced me.

Thanks
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Another PROJET A10

After reading through this thread I went ahead and bought the A10. This is the first ARF I have purchased in about 7 years, much preferring to scratch build my own designs. But in the last year I have lost three planes, each of which took somewhere between 125 and 150 hours to build. Just too much emotional investment so I decided to go the ARF route, as a change of pace.

When the box arrived I was pleased to note the lack of crushed corners, that would indicate rough handling or dropping.

The inner box was the same, no apparent damage to the box, no evidence of dropping or mis-handling. So far, so good.

Upon opening the inner box I was dismayed to see the wing was broken on the port side . The outer panel, at the nacelle, was hanging on just by the covering and the hinge pins for the flaps were pulled away from the flap. From what I can see, the spars have been broken and I have to do a lot of repair work before I start the build process.

I have been in contact with NitroPlanes. After reviewing the .jpgs I sent them, their first response was they would supply a new wing. Fine with me.

Then I received a phone call from them telling me they in fact will not furnish a new wing after all. I have tried contacting them again but, as of yet, no reply.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm on my own on this.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:37 PM
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,318 Posts
geeez...one would think, that with the world economy being crap, they would do anything to keep you happy, Larry. They must have lots of money and bizz. The heck with PR.

They have their own forum in the vendors section. Larry. If you don't get a satisfactory ending soon, I would spout-off over there.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:41 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Fuzz,

The Nitro Planes saga continues.

I received, via email, a two question survey concerning my overall satisfaction with the Nitro Planes experience. I responded as honestly as I could without reverting to obscenities. I simply stated the facts.

Now, after trying to contact them, I get the message that my pass word is invalid. Following the links and resetting my pass word results in the same message.

So it seems like I have no means of contacting them.

I will proceed to assemble the A10, after I repair the wing. Yesterday I noticed one of the strings used to pull the aileron lead through the wing is missing so I will have to cut away the covering on that side to run the servo lead.

On the plus side I have to say the air frame is a nice piece of work, beautifully covered. Far better than I could ever do. The FG nacelles were designed for a fan with the motor behind the blade. Fitting the WM400's added a little more complexity but I managed to get them installed.

I won't say dealing with NP was a mistake as others in this thread have had better luck than me. And, when finished, if the A10 is a good flier, I will forget all the G&A.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
Here is a .jpg showing what the WM400 installation looks like. The aft end of the shroud fits perfectly against a circular stop but with the tail cone installed nothing fits at all. The distance between the shroud and the tail cone is about 4.5" and the duct is circular.

The entire nacelle section is beautifully done FG while the rest of the airframe is built-up balsa and light ply.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
Claus at Area 52
copenhagen Denmark
Joined May 2002
2,534 Posts
duct

look how I got around the problem
clausxpf is offline Find More Posts by clausxpf
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:37 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
holly sh!!!!t........ I maidened nicks Pro edf A10 today and my god the power is ridiculous I was cruising at 25-30% throttle and it was hauling butt. I was scared to go full throttle on a straight entry lol!!! thrust is way over 1to1 so it was very scale like and the vertical was also ridiculous man what a fun aircraft. got some video comming, this thing on our NJ cs10's was awesome!!!!!!!! very whooshy
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jul 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
Formerly "Heli Copter"
United States, CA, Watsonville
Joined Apr 2009
425 Posts
Here's the video!

Projet A-10 Maiden Flight (3 min 31 sec)
Jetsom is offline Find More Posts by Jetsom
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:03 AM
Williamsville, NY, USA
Joined Sep 2000
4,491 Posts
I've given up trying to contact Nitroplanes. I made two additional attempts to log onto help.rcdiscuss, both times generating new pass words, both times informing me my pass word is invalid.

I've turned over the matter to PayPal.