Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
So does the OP actually own one?

Mark
do you?
do you own ANY hobbyking planes?
seriously
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Last edited by rcfisherman; Mar 03, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:04 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,811 Posts
Seriously, I do, several, no not the Lanc. What does that have to do with anything anyway?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:23 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman View Post
rtf? junk! arf? some are very good just as long as you get 1 from a reputable company such as horizon or hobbico. anything else and it's a crap shoot.
if ordering an arf from a company like hobbyking, it is best to never buy the first batch. wait a few months to see what problems surface and then decide if they are minor enough for you to fix, or are critical flawed planes that you should stay away from at all costs. i always end up installing my own elecs anyways so i try to wait for airframe only (foam) kits
I'm with you on this; but unfortunately I fail to see that HK's stuff/service is truly that awful.

7 years ago, I bought my first RC plane from parkflyers. At $175 it was a good deal. Shortly afterwards, 3 of 4 servos failed, and the Tx/Rx kept dropping and yep each time resulted in CRASH!

calls to the http://www.parkflyers.com would result in me being accused of being and idiot and killing the servos and Tx/Rx. Anyways, that idiot 7 years later haven't bought a single item from http://www.parkflyers.com. And everywhere I go, I tell folks to stay away from them.

I'm sort of at a lost, since if HK's stuff/service is truly that awful, they'd be running out of customers by now. You'd think folks with truly bad experience would stop buying and HK's $$$ would dry up; but actually the opposite is true. Every day HK just adds more inventory and just gets bigger and bigger.

They must be doing something right. Junk or not, they all get bought up!
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
I'm with you on this; but unfortunately I fail to see that HK's stuff/service is truly that awful.

7 years ago, I bought my first RC plane from parkflyers. At $175 it was a good deal. Shortly afterwards, 3 of 4 servos failed, and the Tx/Rx kept dropping and yep each time resulted in CRASH!

calls to the http://www.parkflyers.com would result in me being accused of being and idiot and killing the servos and Tx/Rx. Anyways, that idiot 7 years later haven't bought a single item from http://www.parkflyers.com. And everywhere I go, I tell folks to stay away from them.

I'm sort of at a lost, since if HK's stuff/service is truly that awful, they'd be running out of customers by now. You'd think folks with truly bad experience would stop buying and HK's $$$ would dry up; but actually the opposite is true. Every day HK just adds more inventory and just gets bigger and bigger.

They must be doing something right. Junk or not, they all get bought up!
don't get me wrong, i've spent thou$and$ at hobbyking and will spend more! you just have to be an educated shopper and do research before you buy. but if you were to compare their service to the companies i've listed, horizon hobby and hobbico, then you would realize that they're customer service are second to none. i've called up horizon and described my problems and they have sent replacements. spektrum radios dominate the market and even spektrum has had flaws. with the flaws, horizon has done (free - including shipping) recalls and even handed out free rx's as a "sorry." you can do an easy search on this site to corroborate my statement. you will never see threads and videos of hate about horizon and hobbico. they are not perfect but, the hate videos are just not made! there are dedicated threads, videos and even whole forums made by disgruntled hobbyking (ex)customers.

hobbyking is the walmart/mcdonalds of the hobby. nobody is going to debate the success of walmart or mcdonalds but nobody is ever going to say that the secret of their success was based on quality. it's all about low prices!
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:52 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
don't get me wrong, i've spent thou$and$ at hobbyking and will spend more! you just have to be an educated shopper and do research before you buy. but if you were to compare their service to the companies i've listed, horizon hobby and hobbico, then you would realize that they're customer service are second to none. i've called up horizon and described my problems and they have sent replacements. spektrum radios dominate the market and even spektrum has had flaws. with the flaws, horizon has done (free - including shipping) recalls and even handed out free rx's as a "sorry." you can do an easy search on this site to corroborate my statement. you will never see threads and videos of hate about horizon and hobbico. they are not perfect but, the hate videos are just not made! there are dedicated threads, videos and even whole forums made by disgruntled hobbyking (ex)customers.

hobbyking is the walmart/mcdonalds of the hobby. nobody is going to debate the success of walmart or mcdonalds but nobody is ever going to say that the secret of their success was based on quality. it's all about low prices!
Agreed! Personally, I've got about 90+ orders now under my belt from HK; but I'm starting to branch outwards and order elsewhere, where I know HK's product line either lacks or does not make sense to buy.

Like you, I still do my lion's share of rc shopping there. I just keep in mind the potential issues and when they do happen, I'm not all sour and go postal. I know beforehand that I have to jump through hoops and I choose to buy anyways, so when I'm asked to jump through hoops I don't go bananas.

I think that's just it; most folks want to use the cheapest route while expecting horizon, hobbico service. They know full well there's hoops to jump through if there's an issue, but the low dollar signs gets them to buy, and when there is an issue, well, hell breaks loose.

I've always said it's like going to motel 6 and asking for Four seasons hotel service. Many don't agree with me though.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
So does the OP actually own one?

Mark
Quote:
no not the Lanc. What does that have to do with anything anyway?

Mark
i think you answered your own questions

lmao

Last edited by rcfisherman; Mar 07, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:48 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Agreed! Personally, I've got about 90+ orders now under my belt from HK; but I'm starting to branch outwards and order elsewhere, where I know HK's product line either lacks or does not make sense to buy.

Like you, I still do my lion's share of rc shopping there. I just keep in mind the potential issues and when they do happen, I'm not all sour and go postal. I know beforehand that I have to jump through hoops and I choose to buy anyways, so when I'm asked to jump through hoops I don't go bananas.

I think that's just it; most folks want to use the cheapest route while expecting horizon, hobbico service. They know full well there's hoops to jump through if there's an issue, but the low dollar signs gets them to buy, and when there is an issue, well, hell breaks loose.

I've always said it's like going to motel 6 and asking for Four seasons hotel service. Many don't agree with me though.
but if you were to go to motel six, and you heard they had bed bugs and asked if they cleaned it up, would you get pissed off if the guy getting gas across the street (maybe a hotel employee) came over and acted like they were the hotel mafia and yelled "have you even stayed here before?"

Old Mar 07, 2013, 11:05 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,811 Posts
Quote:
i think you answered your own questions

lmao

No and I don't answer for others, just as I don't post videos pretending that what's shown in the video is mine... shrugs.

What's your point? I sure know what mine is.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 07, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
Seriously, I do, several, no not the Lanc. What does that have to do with anything anyway?

Mark
i don't understand why you keep posting here. you don't own the lanc and never will if you haven't got it already. unless they come out with a v2 without all the critical flaws?
let's keep bumping the "lancaster lemon"
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:10 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
No and I don't answer for others, just as I don't post videos pretending that what's shown in the video is mine... shrugs.

What's your point? I sure know what mine is.

Mark
i saw the vid
youtube - "lancaster lemon" if anybody wants a a video summary of OTHER PEOPLE's comments and experiences.
please tell me where the op stated they owned the lancs?...YES, PLURAL! he quoted other people's comments and pics. i think most people can understand that the video depicts more than 1 lanc, with more than 1 owner

we should all thank the op for posting a synopsis
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:34 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,811 Posts
So you are saying it was the OP that did the video?

All he posted was screen dumps of comments from here on RCG along with some fairly foul mouthed titles. I can't see the OP's original post. You seem to be quite familiar with what it actually said?

Mark
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
So you are saying it was the OP that did the video?

All he posted was screen dumps of comments from here on RCG along with some fairly foul mouthed titles. I can't see the OP's original post. You seem to be quite familiar with what it actually said?

Mark
i watched the vid. it speaks volumes. i have no idea what the op comments were but, you did at 1 time since you responded to his vid and posted for no logical reason a potential lanc buyer would have done.

if you can't see the op's post or vid, why do you keep commenting on it?

the vid showed screen captures of other people's comments and experiences, all negative - yes, we can all agree to that fact
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:45 PM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,811 Posts
The vid speaks garbage in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. I'm of the opinion that anyone that needs to resort to crass profanity to make some point probably doesn't have much of a point to make. An opinion I am entitled to. I am simply responding to you. Would you prefer I didn't respond to you?

Mark
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:56 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
The vid speaks garbage in my opinion, but that's just my opinion. I'm of the opinion that anyone that needs to resort to crass profanity to make some point probably doesn't have much of a point to make. An opinion I am entitled to. I am simply responding to you. Would you prefer I didn't respond to you?

Mark

fyi - the use of profanity may be distasteful but, the mere use of it never nullifies facts (or fiction.) it only highlighted the uploader's high emotions. emotions that look very genuine as there is no logical reason why anybody would spend that much time and effort to make and upload such a vid unless they had a personal interest in it. that's just common sense and to argue that, is just looking for an emotional response for the sake of an argument.

yes! please block me and never respond to any of more of my comments as they are not directed to you and your comments are unwelcome