SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
doesn't matter if the OP posted his personal experience, as long as the experiences of others were truthfully represented. like an encyclopedia entry summarizing the works of others.
i don't really care about what your feelings are toward the OP. if he owns the plane or not. heck, i'll even agree with you that he didn't own a lanc. i personally think an unbiased report from unrelated sources are usually more objective.
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,010 Posts
email him
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Mar 01, 2013, 02:23 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
The plane looks absolutely stunning.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
The plane looks absolutely stunning.
agreed!

i thinks that's why everybody passionately posts about. everybody wants it to work but.......unfortunately we can't always get what we want
Old Mar 02, 2013, 03:29 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfisherman View Post
doesn't matter if the OP posted his personal experience, as long as the experiences of others were truthfully represented. like an encyclopedia entry summarizing the works of others.
i don't really care about what your feelings are toward the OP. if he owns the plane or not. heck, i'll even agree with you that he didn't own a lanc. i personally think an unbiased report from unrelated sources are usually more objective.
The vid link is in the other links. It can't be posted here because of the "no profanity" or "linking to profanity" rules. In actual fact the link to RCU directly provides a link to it so it's really in breach of the rules anyway. I have no feelings towards the OP. He doesn't interest me in the slightest? As I said, all the vid is, is a bunch of selective screenshots of comments from the official Lanc thread here at RCG with a picture of an ape giving HK the bird followed by some typically un warranted foul language. If thats the OP's way of making a point, good on him, I'm sure it will work for some. Does nothing for me. I suspect it will do nothing for you either. You have to ask yourself, why not just post a link to the actual thread here that the screenshots were taken from? Probably because it would allow folk to read the actual comments in context. Oldest lame trick in the book.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
i want to read the encyclopedia entry. if i want to, i can look up up all the sources at the end.
an ape giving the finger? what kind of ape? a cartoon or are you just attacking th OP and calling them an ape?

either way the vid seems very entertaining and has piqued my interest!

as for the oldest lame trick in the book....i believe that the vids with scott are purely that. nice to see the opposite end of the spectrum evey once and a while to balance out the universe
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
every time somebody posts in this thread, the title "hobbyking lancaster lemon" gets bumped to the top lol.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:21 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
every time somebody posts in this thread, the title "hobbyking lancaster lemon" gets bumped to the top lol.
and yet these planes are sold out! LOL!
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
and yet these planes are sold out! LOL!
of course they are. they are gorgeous. but how long have they been sold out for? did they stop making the v1 and are on pause for a redesign?
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:54 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Absolutely, and everytime people follow the trail they see things for what they are.

Mark
Old Mar 03, 2013, 12:46 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
From what i've read over on the HK website on this plane in the discussion thread on the product page,most people seem quite happy with theirs and other are asking when will it be available in there local warehouse,so it can't be as bad as some make out to be,ok i know it had some problems at the start but from what i've read it all got sorted out rather quickly,even to the point where HK started to put the plane in a bigger box because some people got a crease on a wing tip and what have you,so it seems HK take note to what people say and want and try to sort these things out,well the more reasonable requests.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
From what i've read over on the HK website on this plane in the discussion thread on the product page,most people seem quite happy with theirs and other are asking when will it be available in there local warehouse,so it can't be as bad as some make out to be,ok i know it had some problems at the start but from what i've read it all got sorted out rather quickly,even to the point where HK started to put the plane in a bigger box because some people got a crease on a wing tip and what have you,so it seems HK take note to what people say and want and try to sort these things out,well the more reasonable requests.
we all know that the hk threads are highly censored.

if we follow the trail of bread crumbs all we hear are about are failed servos, landing gear, sequencers and other nasty and crash inducing defects.

if we keep repeating LEMON...it will subconsciously be associated with lancaster lol.

KC do you even own a lanc? shouldn't you be over at the walkera threads? you spend way too much time discussing planes when you don't even own any
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:11 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
we all know that the hk threads are highly censored.

if we follow the trail of bread crumbs all we hear are about are failed servos, landing gear, sequencers and other nasty and crash inducing defects.

if we keep repeating LEMON...it will subconsciously be associated with lancaster lol.

KC do you even own a lanc? shouldn't you be over at the walkera threads? you spend way too much time discussing planes when you don't even own any
Is that right? Will have to try harder than that

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Mar 03, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 04:20 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
awwwwwwwwwwwww.....the joy of buying RTF- That was my first lesson I learned many years as a newbie. That is NEVER, EVER buy RTF.- 90% of RTF are junk, junk, junk. Did I mention RTF planes are junk?
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
awwwwwwwwwwwww.....the joy of buying RTF- That was my first lesson I learned many years as a newbie. That is NEVER, EVER buy RTF.- 90% of RTF are junk, junk, junk. Did I mention RTF planes are junk?
rtf? junk! arf? some are very good just as long as you get 1 from a reputable company such as horizon or hobbico. anything else and it's a crap shoot.
if ordering an arf from a company like hobbyking, it is best to never buy the first batch. wait a few months to see what problems surface and then decide if they are minor enough for you to fix, or are critical flawed planes that you should stay away from at all costs. i always end up installing my own elecs anyways so i try to wait for airframe only (foam) kits